"Howard deserved to be shot" says LDP leader

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said, it only takes a second or two to reload a bolt action. A trained marksman can still get off 6-10 rounds per minute with a bolt action. They aren't all that much slower than a semi-automatic, and more accurate.

Lee Harvey Oswald used a bolt action rifle and fired 3 shots in 6 seconds to assassinate JFK, the last being a direct head shot from 80 meters away.

Unless you were standing within 10 meters of the shooter it's unlikely it would make any difference whether he used a bolt action or semi-auto. The size of the magazine is a bigger difference, which is why they made the regulations on magazine size stricter.

Lee Harvey Oswald used a bolt action rifle and fired 3 shots in 6 seconds to assassinate JFK, the last being a direct head shot from 80 meters away.

Always found it hard to believe that a bloke unless very good could do that. Decent shot even if using a window ledge to lean on (and see height of ledge) given moving car etc.

school-book-depository.jpg

Last edited:
Always found it hard to believe that a bloke without much experience could do that. Decent shot even if using a window ledge to lean on (and see height of ledge)

He was a former US marine so he had a fair bit of experience.

David Leyonhjelm another arsewipe in our halls of parliament

and bryant killed a dozen people in 15 seconds, im not exactly sure what your point is.

Unless you were standing within 10 meters of the shooter it's unlikely it would make any difference whether he used a bolt action or semi-auto. The size of the magazine is a bigger difference, which is why they made the regulations on magazine size stricter.

and yet militaries the world over don't use bolt action rifles for the average grunts on the ground?

Right so gun laws have no effect on gun ownership? "Go find the sources yourself". Ie you don't know where you lefty blog site got the stats from.

What you think is bleeding obvious is actually not. You will struggle to show correlation let alone causation.
It goes toward "people with guns kill people", something the gun lobby would have you disbelieve and ignore.

Such as? You can't leave me hanging like that.

If I knew I would tell you. But it's certainly not just a direct result from the decrease in guns, because gun ownership didn't decline that significantly.

Hard to interpret that post.

But if you're saying mass shootings stopped after the change in laws. You are correct.

That's what I am saying , Who in their right mind would do such a thing when they would certainly be charged with having an illegal firearm?

Huge disincentive !

Now I want to know when the knife buyback starts , I have had 2 women stabbed to death within 100metres of where I live.

Maybe you should be confessing to the police, not to bigfooty...

Lol, you could read it that way. Last time I got up in just before sunrise and saw the police lights flashing on the other side of the fence. Wen't out to see what was happening and got jarred for crossing the police line. Rumour went around town that someone had been murdered at the back of ripper's , but the reassuring thing was I had a number of phone calls to make sure it was not me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, we shouldn't have gun laws? We should let everyone have access to any weapon they desire?

No I think the AK 47 type ones, I do believe people should be able to have handgun though. I often wonder how I would have fared if the drug crazed young bloke that murdered the woman had decided to jump the fence and steal my car.

Maybe the mass murderers decided that it was of not worth it after the laws changed?
They have a small club house in Freo,where they have all been furiously planning a High Court Challenge to Howard's laws on the grounds they unfairly restrict their rights as right wing lunatics to live under the US Constitution.

What are your thoughts on the concept of having only handguns available in Australia. And every handgun/gun having a gps locating chip built in to them?

The GPS chip is a good idea,bit big brotherish though. But there is need for rifle's by wealthy squatters and Roo shooters , gun club competitors etc.

I don't know why people are so scared of guns, Are they scared of cars? they kill far more innocent people than guns do.

If most people were packing a gun at Port Arther , someone would have taken Bryant out long before He killed the 35 people.

I don't know why people are so scared of guns, Are they scared of cars? they kill far more innocent people than guns do.

If most people were packing a gun at Port Arther , someone would have taken Bryant out long before He killed the 35 people.

Because cars' primary use is transportation, one of the best in history. It has the side effects of accidents from time to time, which is sad.

Guns' primary use is to shoot and seriously harm/kill people, there is a huge difference there

And yes I wanna turn this society into one where it's about who shoots faaaaster, ooooor, we can just buy back all the guns, put in extensive gun control, and have no massive gun massacres ever since.......

So you don't know. But you know it wasn't the change in gun laws?
Solid!

The most likely explanation is just statistical noise. After all, the sample size of gun massacres is pretty tiny to begin with. We averaged one every 20 years for the first 200 years of settlement before Port Arthur. Saying that there hasn't been one in the last 18 years purely because of a change of laws is getting ahead of yourself.

Because cars' primary use is transportation, one of the best in history. It has the side effects of accidents from time to time, which is sad.

Guns' primary use is to shoot and seriously harm/kill people, there is a huge difference there

And yes I wanna turn this society into one where it's about who shoots faaaaster, ooooor, we can just buy back all the guns, put in extensive gun control, and have no massive gun massacres ever since.......

People? Crikey you city folk have no idea. Out here the primary purpose is to kill feral cats and dogs , self defense from rampaging bull camels and wild bulls.

People are way down the list. Still resent being extremely vulnerable not though my own fault but but the bed wetting city folk that disarmed me. It is not a stretch to think that I myself could have been murdered.

Let's get this straight, You are saying that Vehicles have never been used as a weapon to ill or maim people.

People? Crikey you city folk have no idea. Out here the primary purpose is to kill feral cats and dogs , self defense from rampaging bull camels and wild bulls.

People are way down the list. Still resent being extremely vulnerable not though my own fault but but the bed wetting city folk that disarmed me. It is not a stretch to think that I myself could have been murdered.

People wasn't a broad enough term, "living beings" would be better

And btw, you know firearms were first invented to be used as weapons of war, right? Against people, not cats.

You can tell who are the right leaning wing nuts in this thread

Let's get this straight, You are saying that Vehicles have never been used as a weapon to ill or maim people.

Its primary purposes is transportation in every day life, it has unfortunate accidents that result in deaths, but weighting up its pros and cons, it's not even a contest why cars aren't "banned" like the argument you were using to compare gun deaths with car deaths

Gun's primary purpose is....? I certainly ain't gonna use it to open a can of tuna unless you are crazy, it's purely a weapon.

The stupid logic that gun nuts use by saying [insert whatever object] can be turned as a weapon so why don't we ban everything, is a ridiculous argument.

You don't have to be outback as you think to live in a place with no police.

I lived about 250km from Perth and the nearest police station was over 40km away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back