How's the 2015 talent pool shaping Up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathieson is interesting, he looks really good, I just have a few question marks on his decision making that makes me question his rating come next year.
Parish on the other hand, he really interests me and I would be shocked if he drops out of the top 5 next year.
Just found this thread again, yep I agree with this totally. I really like him but Parish is starting to show signs of being a well-rounded midfielder, has pushed himself to #1 for me.

I had issues with the Metro crop around Champs time, those questions marks are fading. Another strong crop coming through, maybe not as strong as the current group (or last year's), but still will push for Champs victory. Atkins, Balic, Parsons, Matera, Witts, Thompson, Pavlou from the Dragons alone, while Jeffs, Weideman, Houston, Crocker, Flanigan, Stillman, Wunhym, O'Kearney, Kerbatieh should all be quite solid for the TAC Cup teams. Kinsella and Volpato are a tad small but both very talented. It's no Vic Country, but it's still very solid!

Last edited:

Just found this thread again, yep I agree with this totally. I really like him but he Parish is starting to show signs of being a well-rounded midfielder, has pushed himself to #1 for me.

I had issues with the Metro crop around Champs time, those questions marks are fading. Another strong crop coming through, maybe not as strong as the current group (or last year's), but still will push for Champs victory. Atkins, Balic, Parsons, Matera, Witts, Thompson, Pavlou from the Dragons alone, while Jeffs, Weideman, Houston, Crocker, Flanigan, Stillman, Wunhym, O'Kearney, Kerbatieh should all be quite solid for the TAC Cup teams. Kinsella and Volpato are a tad small but both very talented. It's no Vic Country, but it's still very solid!
More specifically Rhaul, what do you think of Thompson and Witts?

Jumping the gun a bit here but Kade Stewart, South Freo and Katanning boy, how do we think he will go?

I've loved everything I've seen of him so far. Might be a bit of a shallow assessment though because appearance wise he is very similar to Chad Wingard :D.

A class above on the occasions I've watched South Fremantle including the semi final where he was best on ground and was the main reason they got over the line that day. Had a fair carnival as an underager in a side that struggled. I certainly haven't seen enough of other potential prospects to compare him with, but there's definitely quality about him.

I think the father son rules will need to be evaluated again now that Moore has gone to Collingwood. Clearly Swans should be denied access to Dunkley now we have got a father son prospect. I think Mills may go okay too which is another reason to scrap the academies and return to the former AFL run youth development in NSW and QLD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mtooler, are you just being sarcastic or are you really soft in the middle part of your head?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fairly certain tongue so far in his cheek that he is currently tickling his own ear with it.

Unfortunately for all the other clubs, Sydney look like they may be able to get two of next year's best 5 (Mills and Dunkley) with just their first and 2nd round picks (maybe picks 18 and 38 or so- after having done something similar this year with Heeney).

Just so I know, how does the bidding system work when a club has TWO candidates (F/S or Academy) who both need to be taken with the same pick? If the bottom two clubs (probably Carlton & Essendon) nominate their first picks for Mills and Dunkley. The Swans have only one pick available

Just so I know, how does the bidding system work when a club has TWO candidates (F/S or Academy) who both need to be taken with the same pick? If the bottom two clubs (probably Carlton & Essendon) nominate their first picks for Mills and Dunkley. The Swans have only one pick available
They get both 1 with the their first pick the second with their next pick that's the current system.

Whoops my bad.
I have friends that know him well and they thought his dad played 100 games. Have you guys heard of Jett guerin from oakleigh. I go to school with his brother.

I'm in my 50's

The North Ballarat Rebels midfield in 2015 will include Darcy Tucker, Jacob Hopper (from NSW but boarding at St Patrick's College) and Yestin Eades (from WA but also boarding at SPC) ... some amazing talent there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back