How's the 2015 talent pool shaping Up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely, VIC Country look pretty scary next year, Parish, Mathieson, Tucker and Dunkley is one hell of a midfield.
Do you think Tucker plays midfield next year? I'd be inclined to use him on a back flank, especially with a stacked midfield.

Why is he at Collingwood? Ais placement is not normally to January and he has not family connection to the club

AIS placement is this week.
Has been moved forward.
WCE has Greg Clarke from subiaco and Kade Stewart from south fremantle,
training with us this week.

AIS placement is this week.
Has been moved forward.
WCE has Greg Clarke from subiaco and Kade Stewart from south fremantle,
training with us this week.

I know it's early days and every year it's inevitable that guys who are way ahead of the grade as underagers disappoint, but just cannot see it happening with these two.

I know it's early days and every year it's inevitable that guys who are way ahead of the grade as underagers disappoint, but just cannot see it happening with these two.

Stewart's knock him has to be his size. We've seen it with other small midfielders before, the good thing for Stewart is he plays at the right end of the ground.

Thomas Bennett is the one i want to see succeed. Hopefully he grows a bit more as he's got lovely skills, just needs to round out his game and start hitting the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I've read, Parish is the standout with 4-5 the next rung lower.

Looking forward to seeing names the ilk of Didymus Blanket and Yestin Eades.

For me at the moment;
(1) Benjamin Keays, (2) Callum Mills, (3) Darcy Parish, (4) Darcy Tucker and (5) Rhys Mathieson.

However Parish could just as easily be at number 1, considering Keays and Mills were playing in division 2 in the Champs (against TAS, NT, QLD, NSW) while Parish has been up against WA, SA and VIC METRO in division 1. So Parish against better opposition in its year's champs, but I love the games of especially Keays and his skillset and Mills.

For me at the moment;
(1) Benjamin Keays, (2) Callum Mills, (3) Darcy Parish, (4) Darcy Tucker and (5) Rhys Mathieson.

However Parish could just as easily be at number 1, considering Keays and Mills were playing in division 2 in the Champs (against TAS, NT, QLD, NSW) while Parish has been up against WA, SA and VIC METRO in division 1. So Parish against better opposition in its year's champs, but I love the games of especially Keays and his skillset and Mills.
Do you have a player comparison for Ben Keays?

Midfield loaded from the Vics, but plenty of great talent. Mathieson, Tucker, Parish, Parsons, O'Kearney, Dunkley (SYD F/S), Schache, Weideman and Weitering are the names that stand out. I liked Tahana and Burton from what I saw from them at Champs level, Keays from QLD (BRIS Academy) and Mills from NSW (SYD Academy, oh boy this will create some tension in Melbourne media) are possible 1st round selections.

Burton, Parish, Mathieson the top 3 for mine at the moment. Falcs doing rather well, Metro will struggle.

I would be very surprised if Darcy Parish is not an elite AFL player. He is an outstanding talent and how he moves across the ground is awesome, a pure footballer. If I could get on each way or to win I would be loading up on being no 1.

Ermmm.. Average player at best.
Move on, nothing to see here. :)

Definitely above average from what I've seen, but you may've seen more then me (assuming you live in QLD). What makes you say that?

Solid size (183/78, grows a few cms next year and could end up around 186), good mark, accumulator, pretty big tank (I think around the early 15 mark?) and is an excellent kick. I like him, would prefer to see him up against Vic Metro, Country, WA and SA to get a better idea of him in comparison to the div 1 boys but I've been impressed.

Definitely above average from what I've seen, but you may've seen more then me (assuming you live in QLD). What makes you say that?

Solid size (183/78, grows a few cms next year and could end up around 186), good mark, accumulator, pretty big tank (I think around the early 15 mark?) and is an excellent kick. I like him, would prefer to see him up against Vic Metro, Country, WA and SA to get a better idea of him in comparison to the div 1 boys but I've been impressed.
I think mpal6's post was tongue in cheek. He would prefer Keays to go under the radar so the Lions don't have to use their 1st round pick on him. Just a little joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back