How's Your Day Going 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it being Mother's day and I'm working again :mad: :thumbsdown: Not good. I think I'm working 7 days a week for the next 8-10 weeks. oh joy.

Oh BTW, for those living in Melbourne and thinking of driving across the West Gate Bridge..just seen they have closed a lot of the bridge for "emergency" repairs..great day for this to happen, not :thumbsdown:

My Wifes mother passed away on Mothers day, saddest thing about it is that she lives another country and i feel so helpless not being able about have my Wife see her for one last time.......:(

My Wifes mother passed away on Mothers day, saddest thing about it is that she lives another country and i feel so helpless not being able about have my Wife see her for one last time.......:(
Deepest sympathy macdaddio. I think the distance often makes it worse.

That's tough, Mac. Especially given the day and all.

My day was moderately crap. Going OS in a couple of weeks for 3 weeks, so looking forward to that massively.

So sorry to hear that mac. Deepest sympathy to you and your family.

My day was somewhat lucky today... managed to "jump the order queue" at JB-HiFi Geelong and nab myself an iPad 2 without actually placing an order for one. Persistence was the key.

My day has been okay, footy training for 2 hours in pissing down rain is good but bad at the same time.

Also, I ordered my Hawthorn 50 Years of Premierships guernsney over a month ago, the person I ordered with received his, but I never got mine, out of stock apparantly, which was probably the 13th-14th of April. The person I ordered with called the Hawks Store late last month and they said I would get it next week (last week) and I'm still waiting for it. What a joke.

How's the little champion going Messy? I assume the lungs are nice and strong ;).

Oh, they work very well. :(

Reflux combined with a couple of food sensitivities right now. Getting treatment but it's all a little tense right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I didn't go to my undergrad one, but the family was pretty cheesed about that and I figured they deserve that moment of pride the second time around.

Absolutely. I did a double degree (after my first round of study and a HECS debt the size of the GDP of Swaziland) and I've only just got around to getting sent the bit of paper.

Congrats LP, studying and working fulltime is an achievement in itself.

A day late, but I had a very proud moment yesterday.

I'll preface it by saying that I've been subtly indoctrinating my little 3yr old to the Hawthorn faith. I haven't been overbearing, just teaching him to say Go Hawks and picked him up a Hawks jumper last year with Hodge's number on the back. He's only worn it when I've dressed him in it and hadn't really shown much interest.

Scene set.

Watching the game on the telly and the little one is playing with his cars. About 10 minutes into the second, and I'm getting a bit animated. He disappears, then comes running back holding his Hawks jumper asking me to put it on him. Sits down and watches the game with me for a couple of minutes. Disappears again. I hear a crash in the laundry and go to check that he's OK. Sitting there holding my scarf telling me to put it on.

We sit down together and watch the rest of the quarter together.

The Hawks could have lost and I would still have been a happy man.

A day late, but I had a very proud moment yesterday.

I'll preface it by saying that I've been subtly indoctrinating my little 3yr old to the Hawthorn faith. I haven't been overbearing, just teaching him to say Go Hawks and picked him up a Hawks jumper last year with Hodge's number on the back. He's only worn it when I've dressed him in it and hadn't really shown much interest.

Scene set.

Watching the game on the telly and the little one is playing with his cars. About 10 minutes into the second, and I'm getting a bit animated. He disappears, then comes running back holding his Hawks jumper asking me to put it on him. Sits down and watches the game with me for a couple of minutes. Disappears again. I hear a crash in the laundry and go to check that he's OK. Sitting there holding my scarf telling me to put it on.

We sit down together and watch the rest of the quarter together.

The Hawks could have lost and I would still have been a happy man.
thats awesome, wish my boys wanted to watch the footy or hawks, just not happening!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back