How's Your Day Going 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been told that my job is no longer safe because of the hard times financially and i will be the scape goat once again...
Its like dejavu....
So i guess i will start all over again which is a shame because i really love my job...:(
I have just received two job offers today. One is as a Customer service Officer and the other one is in Sales. Both are great Companies but i dont know which to chose. This could be my big break so i want to make the right desicion..
Decisions , desicions....:confused:

Just received the contract for the first job that was offered to me. So happy and hopefully this Company does not run out of work like the previous Company i worked for....

Just received the contract for the first job that was offered to me. So happy and hopefully this Company does not run out of work like the previous Company i worked for....

Great news mate!

crappy. Having a fight with business over some stupid change requirements for an IT system. A whole lot of work that is not needed...but I've only got 20years experience here, what would I know...

On another note of how my day has started.. Just spent $140 to take our Dog to the Vet to have its vaccinations and heart worm needles...
But its money well spent for our little boy.....:thumbsu:

On another note of how my day has started.. Just spent $140 to take our Dog to the Vet to have its vaccinations and heart worm needles...

An investment in your dog's health:)

Yes, you have to do it. The alternatives don't bear thinking about.

Unsurprisingly, pet care is one area that isn't suffering due to the GFC, Eurozone crisis & all other financial fallouts. That's because dogs & cats are more trustworthy than financial advisors. ;)

I spent $1400 on my old cat a few years back. He died 2 weeks later!
That's because cats have their own place in the space/time continuum.

He & mine would be living the high life on the cat version of the Riviera right now. They know.

That's because cats have their own place in the space/time continuum.

He & mine would be living the high life on the cat version of the Riviera right now. They know.

Yep, kicking back with cat hookers, eating tuna and drinking out of the toilet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shithouse, just found out a mate is in a coma after a motorcycle accident :(
That is awful news :(

All the best to you and your mate, hopefully he can recover from this.

Watching the big game (Hawks v Swans) at Elsternwick Hotel. 3 qtr time I'm biting my nails and in walks a contestant from last weeks Deal or No Deal. Young lady with real fuzzy brown hair and her partner. He is a one eyed Hawk and I dont think she was interested in footy.

My days going great... :thumbsu:

At home on my day off and just finished taking the dog for a walk and cleaning the house to make the wife happy and feel guilty so she wont get jealous that im going to to footy tonight with out her.. ;)

That is awful news :(

All the best to you and your mate, hopefully he can recover from this.

thanks for the kind words mate, unfortunately I attended his funeral yesterday :(

Oh what a beautiful morning. Wake up in the full knowledge that the Essenscum didn't even make the finals, Geelong are out in the first week and now on the elevator marked express to "wooden spoon". Further, the Hawks to play their next final on a Saturday night which means I can go & now all we need is for West Coast to hand North a finals lesson. Just about a perfect weekend I would say. Go Hawks.

Cautionary tale/words of wisdom.... Or what ever you like to call it

My uncle died in the early hours of this morning from cancer. Turns out he'd been receiving treatment for the last 6months or more, but the first anyone heard about it, including his kids and his brother and sister, was on Monday when his partner called to say that he'd collapsed and was in hospital and doctors had given him a couple of days tops. The worst thing about it has been the anger and annoyance mixed in with the grief. Anger because there was no opportunity to take a lasting recent memory of him apart from that of a frail, dying man.

Moral to the story.... If you have a terminal illness, tell the people that love you

Cautionary tale/words of wisdom.... Or what ever you like to call it

My uncle died in the early hours of this morning from cancer. Turns out he'd been receiving treatment for the last 6months or more, but the first anyone heard about it, including his kids and his brother and sister, was on Monday when his partner called to say that he'd collapsed and was in hospital and doctors had given him a couple of days tops. The worst thing about it has been the anger and annoyance mixed in with the grief. Anger because there was no opportunity to take a lasting recent memory of him apart from that of a frail, dying man.

Moral to the story.... If you have a terminal illness, tell the people that love you

Condolences, mate. That's a rough situation. Give your folks my best.

Here's a cop who made my day. From Laughing Squid:

Officer.jpg

On November 14, 2012, Arizona resident Jennifer Foster was visiting New York City’s Times Square and secretly captured a shot of NYPD Officer Larry DePrimo giving a barefoot homeless man a pair of boots. She shared the photo with NYPD and they posted it on Facebook. It has since gone viral, being shared on Facebook many thousands of times by people and it has been picked up as a news item all over the world. Officer DePrimo is quoted as saying, “I didn’t think anything of it.”
Foster wrote this about her experience:

I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’ The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching*. I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name. It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work. The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back