How's Your Day Going 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done. It's great finishing that stuff off. Handing in my Masters was a huge relief off my mind too. Saying nothing for saying goodbye to all those years of study too.

When does work start?
Only just saw this then Grizz. Work starts on the 28th of Jan, moving up to Brisbane in the week before that.
Exciting but nerve racking times!

Only just saw this then Grizz. Work starts on the 28th of Jan, moving up to Brisbane in the week before that.
Exciting but nerve racking times!
All settled in at my place in Brisbane for work beginning next week. New chapter in my life starting, especially with my girlfriend getting a job in Perth!

All settled in at my place in Brisbane for work beginning next week. New chapter in my life starting, especially with my girlfriend getting a job in Perth!

Ate least you're in the same country.

How'd your first day go? Hope you're still alive to tell the tale.:)
Im still here!

The first week has been good, lots of learning and training to do but its been good.

Totally new experience moving out of home for the first time, trying not to be extremely lazy and getting take away food each night!

The s**t side of working in management last week.

Had to make a staff member redundant on Thursday.

Ah, no good. I've got a similar situation coming up in a couple of weeks.

Im still here!

The first week has been good, lots of learning and training to do but its been good.

Totally new experience moving out of home for the first time, trying not to be extremely lazy and getting take away food each night!
So where are you staying?

Coping with the weather/humidity ok?

So where are you staying?

Coping with the weather/humidity ok?
Living in west end, seems like a pretty good spot!

Apart from sweating far too much, weather and humidity has been fine. Looking forward to not having a Melbourne winter

Living in west end, seems like a pretty good spot!

Apart from sweating far too much, weather and humidity has been fine. Looking forward to not having a Melbourne winter

At the moment, I'd like a Melbourne winter, as much as I despise them. Been the most extreme summer down here.

Long day sitting on my parents roof West of Wallen .....waiting , waiting !!
The smoke thick and heavy , the heat real .....as darkness settles i hope for no wind shifts or all hell will break lose .
We wait !!

Long day sitting on my parents roof West of Wallen .....waiting , waiting !!
The smoke thick and heavy , the heat real .....as darkness settles i hope for no wind shifts or all hell will break lose .
We wait !!

Hope everything is ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know. Try to drive home and stay out of people's way and yet...

First, working back late due to new client. Finally leave work around 0120. Driving Docklands to home come across a taxi in Ferrars St, South Melbourne stopped in the middle of the road with the passenger door open and the passenger fighting to get out of the taxi. Ok, now im trapped watching this little bru har har (Spg?). Just when you think ok, its ended, and the taxi will move, no. Driver chases ex passenger and they start brawling on the nature strip across the road.... Start calling the boys in blue to sort out this blew and as quickly as it starts, it ends. Ok, can now move when taxi moves over.

Next, get to Carnegie area and car pulls out from a side street and roars up behind me. Ok, great. I have a new car but it doesnt come with a rear mounted cannon to blow these mothers away. Thankfully arrive my turn off and go left. Car follows...oh great, but then relief and disbelief. The red and blue lights start rotating. First time in 10 years ive been pulled over by the Police. I thought if there going to bust me doing 63 in 60 this could get ugly.

Anyway, quick license check and chat and Im on my way, no problem. Strange though? These where plain clothes from Cheltenham. Driving along Wellington Road and here is a late model Chrysler 300C been pulled over and 2 Divy van crews doing their best to make someone's morning most unplesant.

Me thinks, maybe Vic Pol have widened their unofficial war against hoons??? Just very strange for plain clothes to be out patrolling this late at night and doing traffic stops.

Oh well, just another night in Melbourne..

There is always some reason mate - think the info which came out after the Silk/Miller executions (which probably gave a lot of dumbarse crooks an instruction manual about how police operate) - they generally have more to do than just harass folks for the sake of it. Generally. Unless it's me. Then it's ******* harassment!!!!!!!

I dont know. Try to drive home and stay out of people's way and yet...

First, working back late due to new client. Finally leave work around 0120. Driving Docklands to home come across a taxi in Ferrars St, South Melbourne stopped in the middle of the road with the passenger door open and the passenger fighting to get out of the taxi. Ok, now im trapped watching this little bru har har (Spg?). Just when you think ok, its ended, and the taxi will move, no. Driver chases ex passenger and they start brawling on the nature strip across the road.... Start calling the boys in blue to sort out this blew and as quickly as it starts, it ends. Ok, can now move when taxi moves over.

Next, get to Carnegie area and car pulls out from a side street and roars up behind me. Ok, great. I have a new car but it doesnt come with a rear mounted cannon to blow these mothers away. Thankfully arrive my turn off and go left. Car follows...oh great, but then relief and disbelief. The red and blue lights start rotating. First time in 10 years ive been pulled over by the Police. I thought if there going to bust me doing 63 in 60 this could get ugly.

Anyway, quick license check and chat and Im on my way, no problem. Strange though? These where plain clothes from Cheltenham. Driving along Wellington Road and here is a late model Chrysler 300C been pulled over and 2 Divy van crews doing their best to make someone's morning most unplesant.

Me thinks, maybe Vic Pol have widened their unofficial war against hoons??? Just very strange for plain clothes to be out patrolling this late at night and doing traffic stops.

Oh well, just another night in Melbourne..

The crooks get around in flash cars too Rusty. Thing is if you don't stop when the blue and red lights go on there's not to much we can do about. Ok if you're Joe citizen doing the right thing but stolen car/ dodgy plates and you're laughing.

The crooks get around in flash cars too Rusty. Thing is if you don't stop when the blue and red lights go on there's not to much we can do about. Ok if you're Joe citizen doing the right thing but stolen car/ dodgy plates and you're laughing.

Saw that exact thing at work just the other day. Docklands area. Full of dodgy characters in an apartment complex that is half rented by housing Commission. (they dont tell the other potential buyers of apartments that on the sales brochures).

Anyway, about 3.30pm and a Police Divy van cruises past and this guy gets out of the passenger seat of his parked up Ford Sedan and races around to get into the drivers seat. A real, WTF is going on here. Why make yourself a target for the police (now believe Police looking for him/car). Cops do a u turn and come back to where he is parked up scrambling to get into the drivers seat.

His intention is clear, he is going to drive, drive and quick and not stop. He gets in and cops are blocked by a bus, he does a turn and races down Docklands Drive followed by the van which now done another u turn. Left turn up a long drive and he flaws it, the police put the lights on but he doesnt stop..or from what we can see as they moved out of site.

Just wrong. I know the no pursuit policy is to try and save lives but looking at this guy, he needs to prove to the Police he is not going to stop. How does he do this? By driving like an idiot, not stopping at lights, ignoring the rules, pedestrians and other cars and just flooring it. It is only after observation of actions can the police make the decision not to pursue any further with the lights & siren but the dangerous driving part, the part they are trying to eliminate, still happens...

Saw that exact thing at work just the other day. Docklands area. Full of dodgy characters in an apartment complex that is half rented by housing Commission. (they dont tell the other potential buyers of apartments that on the sales brochures).

Anyway, about 3.30pm and a Police Divy van cruises past and this guy gets out of the passenger seat of his parked up Ford Sedan and races around to get into the drivers seat. A real, WTF is going on here. Why make yourself a target for the police (now believe Police looking for him/car). Cops do a u turn and come back to where he is parked up scrambling to get into the drivers seat.

His intention is clear, he is going to drive, drive and quick and not stop. He gets in and cops are blocked by a bus, he does a turn and races down Docklands Drive followed by the van which now done another u turn. Left turn up a long drive and he flaws it, the police put the lights on but he doesnt stop..or from what we can see as they moved out of site.

Just wrong. I know the no pursuit policy is to try and save lives but looking at this guy, he needs to prove to the Police he is not going to stop. How does he do this? By driving like an idiot, not stopping at lights, ignoring the rules, pedestrians and other cars and just flooring it. It is only after observation of actions can the police make the decision not to pursue any further with the lights & siren but the dangerous driving part, the part they are trying to eliminate, still happens...
It used to be that the pursuit would be let to run with constant feedback from the pursuing vehicle as to road conditions, speed, way the crook was driving, amount of traffic etc and then the pursuit controller (generally a Sergeant, and not directly involved in pursuit) would make a call to continue or terminate the pursuit. A lot of frustrated coppers out there.

F**K Melbourne TRAFFIC!

Geez, the west gate goes to crap and everything comes to a halt.

1 Hour 35 min trip to work - Madness.

Build East West Link now! Every time someone sneezes on the WGB the whole east and south side of Melbourne goes into gridlock. Going the Eastern F'way just sends you into gridlock anyway everyday... grrrr

F**K Melbourne TRAFFIC!

Geez, the west gate goes to crap and everything comes to a halt.

1 Hour 35 min trip to work - Madness.

Build East West Link now! Every time someone sneezes on the WGB the whole east and south side of Melbourne goes into gridlock. Going the Eastern F'way just sends you into gridlock anyway everyday... grrrr

Rusty it will only get worse. I live about 15mins away from work and i usually cross the eastern freeway via chandler Hwy, most days it is a bottleneck and if their is an accident forget it, takes me more than 1 hour. We have lobbied our federal and state MP's for years. Only recently have they decide to do something and widen Chandler hwy, but of course we have the grumps who are up in arms about this just like the east-west 'do-gooders'.

The technocrats want 8 million people living in melbourne in the near future. Hopefully by then i would have retired somewhere in the pacific(Tahiti or Hawaii) away from the rat race.

Last edited:
Always good to be back home. Flew in from Auckland last night after spending twelve days in New Zealand. I was over there for a business conference and my family (kids, wife, nephew & niece) tagged along.

Auckland is a pretty city and the weather was perfect, 24-25degrees everyday and the nights never got below 17 degrees. They have a magnificent Harbour-'Viaduct Marina' with endless amount of humongous boats) and restaurants along the shore. Apparently there marina is the largest in the southern hemisphere???? That's what we were told.

They also have a great ferry service which services the north shore area and we as a city three times the size can learn a lot from them especially considering our traffic jams will only get worse.

We managed to catch the ferry across to the North shore of Auckland and a few islands close by and do some trekking- 'Rangitoto' and 'Waiheke'. We toured a couple of national parks absolutely stunning but we missed out on visiting the volcanic area of Rotorua.

The last time I was in New Zealand was during my single days and I only travelled to the south island, Christchurch and Queenstown.
This time around i have to say New Zealand was expensive ie, staple foods like milk, eggs, bread and even Orange Juice is double the price we pay for here in Melbourne. Petrol was $1.83 a litre.
Public transport within the CBD was reasonable but once you venture out into the suburbs they sting you for it. Houses are expensive just like Australia.

Most banks if not all and post offices are open on the weekends trading seven days a week. Also 'Sushi shops' everywhere, you could not turn a corner without coming across a Sushi Shop. Auckland must be the Sushi capital of the Antipodes. My nephew and youngest son were not complaining. Feed those two boys sushi every day and there happy as Larry. The only downside, you pay double the price for one roll as compared to here and what they do is chop one roll into four small pieces and pack them into small containers selling them for $5. Whereas here you buy one roll for $2.20 - $2.50, smart business:thumbsu:.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the fresh produce. I couldn't believe New Zealand imports 'Kiwi fruit' and 'Pineapple' from the Philippines. The watermelon was nothing to write home about either, the fruit and vegies were disappointing.

Overall it was a lovely experience, Auckland and New Zealand are beautiful, definitely worth a visit. Always thought it was a miniature version of Australia.

Sitting in my living room, with my a/c on, and playing with my granddaughter, on my wife's side. She is not yet 11 months, and just walking. What a great time in life.

She looks real cute in my Hawk cap too.

Went to a funeral this afternoon (havn't attended many in working life - due to not able to get away) made up a little today.
Did not know the deceased but I am friend of his father.
At round 2 v WCE he was the supporter of the match - attending the Friday training and pre match warm up and was thrilled to be involved.
Father told me that was one of his favourite times outside family.
The final tune seeing him out was the HFC song - what a way to go!!!!! RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back