Huddo - get this bloke calling the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont care who is contracted to what TV station, but Anthony Hudson is far and away the best commentator in footy. He is about the only commentator who can make the game more exciting through his commentary, while providing an unbiased call. And probably his best attribute, he doesnt get sucked into the boys club discussion and unprofessionalism that BT, Ling, Darcy and a few others are known for.

Anyway the biggest game of the year which will be forever treasured by one group of supporters, should have the best commentator in the AFL calling it and Huddo is the best we've got. :thumbsu:

I was watching a name-a-game DVD the other night which had Jason Bennett on it with Drew Morphett.

I'm amazed that this guy is only a VFL fill-in commentator. Very good at calling the game. Probably won't get a TV commentating job because he doesn't try to be funny instead of calling the game, and isn't part of the boys club. Shame because he's under-appreciated.

His Sydney v Geelong final call in 2005 was one of the best of all time (I see it, but I don't believe it).

Even better considering it was his own - at the time - long-suffering, Cats who lost.

Other great calls include 'Thirteen? Thiiiiirteeeeeen!!' for Buddy and the 'Miracle on Grass' call when Brisbane beat (again) his Cats.

Best caller by a mile.

Aside from Geelong thumping the Crows on the weekend I couldn't figure out why the game was so fun. Then I realised. No BT and his coterie of s**t campaigners. No Bwuce and his auto-fingerbanging-stylings. Instead it was Huddo and Co.™ just getting the job done. That was it it was a great call. :thumbsu:

For the first time in years I listened to a Collingwood game on the radio last weekend. I was legitimately shocked at how good BT was. He wasn't over the top, didn't talk s**t and called the game really well. I can only assume that Channel 7 direct their commentators to be complete *******s so if Huddo went there he'd probably become one as well.

For the first time in years I listened to a Collingwood game on the radio last weekend. I was legitimately shocked at how good BT was. He wasn't over the top, didn't talk s**t and called the game really well. I can only assume that Channel 7 direct their commentators to be complete *******s so if Huddo went there he'd probably become one as well.

He's actually very good on radio when he's surrounded by guys like JB, Gary Lyon, Wayne Carey and the like. Just doesn't work with more straight commentators on TV. He stands out like dog balls.

I was watching a name-a-game DVD the other night which had Jason Bennett on it with Drew Morphett.

I'm amazed that this guy is only a VFL fill-in commentator. Very good at calling the game. Probably won't get a TV commentating job because he doesn't try to be funny instead of calling the game, and isn't part of the boys club. Shame because he's under-appreciated.
He was very good back in the day, I agree should be on mainstream, so should John Casey who did SANFL the last few seasons and did have a gig on fix once upon a time if I remember correctly, although I would love to see him back doing the NBL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back