Port…….(title no longer non PC, as per management’s request)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here you go buddy.
KB1051_Premium-Facial-Tissues_POP.jpg

Thanks, just watched Jacobs' goal again, might need it

This thread seems a bit MUCH. Having said that, their supporters really underestimated us with most saying it would be a belting.
I warned that this could really come back to haunt them. Glad I was right.
Jacobs goal and timing of the goal was super sweet.
For what it's worth I think Port may get up tomorrow and win but my gosh some supporters here saying North have a one in a million chance of winning are setting themselves up for some serious egg on face tomorrow.
The way some Port supporters talk about their apparent certain thrashing tomorrow you'd think we were the team that has only won 8 of 28 past head to head games...
All I'm try to say is you'd be a fool if you think tomorrows game is going to be a certain belting, a walk in the park, a gimme...and I'd imagine they'd be alot of embarrased supporters if you guys don't happen to get up tomorrow.

Just about everything that could have gone wrong for us, went wrong (4 posters, baffling free kicks, Monfries pinging his hammy the moment he was free going for an open goal, marks not paid in front of goal) whereas the Boners played out of their skins - and we still got within 7 points and had a chance to snatch it at the end with our 14 year old back pocket Impey missing. But there's no doubt that your team pressured us and forced us into numerous uncharacteristic skill errors. Credit must be given where it is due.

The ball that Monfries was chasing ran out of bounds.

He wouldn't have reached it in time.

Gotta say, well done North. Pity we don't get to play you blokes again this year on our home deck (we rarely do, it seems). Except for Boomer, the Mickey Rooney of the AFL, you didn't have a lot of talent on the park yesterday, but you made that up with heart and grit, and made the most of your opportunities whereas we mucked up. Have got no doubt though that we'll finish higher up on the ladder than your mob. To quote your jaunty song: "Just you wait and see."

y3e8eqyz.jpg

That's a quality glass of delusion.

Sent from the future using Marty McFly

They have an intense hatred for us. Saying stuff like weare an irrelevant club. I can take that crap from the top financial clubs but not bottom feeders like port who were about to go out if business two years ago. Geez they have short memories. You think they would have more humility
Most Port supporters do
There's flogs on all the club sites who aren't in the majority
Anyway congrats on the win
A great battle and entertaining to watch

Just can't get over the idea that someone watched us and thought we made the most of our opportunities yesterday, such a poor assessment. We made the opportunities. Made more than we knew what to do with and stuffed most of them up. Managed to win through being harder at the man and harder at the footy, left nothing to chance.

Just can't get over the idea that someone watched us and thought we made the most of our opportunities yesterday. We made the opportunities. Made more than we knew what to do with and stuffed most of them up. Managed to win through being harder at the man and harder at the footy, left nothing to chance.
Nah mate, look, we just got lucky in dominating the clearances, got lucky in beating them in stoppages, winning more of the ball, tackling harder and running harder, having more shots on goal. Actually I think we may have dragged them down to their level or something.

All this talk of not being able to play us on their home turf reminds me of us and the Eagles. The difference being that whilst I hate the Eagles and having to always play them away I still have utmost respect for them.

Nah mate, look, we just got lucky in dominating the clearances, got lucky in beating them in stoppages, winning more of the ball, tackling harder and running harder, having more shots on goal. Actually I think we may have dragged them down to their level or something.
And lucky only to have 2 posters to their world record 4 :rolleyes:

Lucky our blokes can play footy :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say, well done North. Pity we don't get to play you blokes again this year on our home deck (we rarely do, it seems). Except for Boomer, the Mickey Rooney of the AFL, you didn't have a lot of talent on the park yesterday, but you made that up with heart and grit, and made the most of your opportunities whereas we mucked up. Have got no doubt though that we'll finish higher up on the ladder than your mob. To quote your jaunty song: "Just you wait and see."
Monfries would have to be Flash Gordon to get the ball he pinged a hammy on. Watch the replay champ.

Sent from beneath the blue and white using Tapatalk

Looking at the fixture I reckon they'll finish on 11 wins and just miss the 8

Poor little Port fan....You obviously need some love...

image.jpg

Props to your boys - was a win full of merit, and a really enjoyable game.

Thought Cunnington was an absolute beast.

Nice to have someone quieten down the neighbours too;)

4 posters
North had more scoring shots.
baffling free kicks
North clearly got the raw deal as far as umpiring was concerned with the inconsistency and the frees that weren't paid at times. (Especially early.)
Monfries pinging his hammy the moment he was free going for an open goal
MacMillan injured his ankle about 5 minutes later so that nullifies any injury excuse you could possibly attempt to use, not to mention the fact that we had Swallow and Ziebell (Captain and VC) out of the side. And there is no way Monfries was going to get to that ball anyway. [He's also a diving squib]
the Boners played out of their skins
We played nowhere near our best. Turnovers were a problem for us and none of our key forwards (especially Drew) had much impact on the game.

All in all you are clutching at straws. Had you stopped at "Gotta say, well done North" that would have been perfectly appropriate. The rest was buttthurt dribble.

Just about everything that could have gone wrong for us, went wrong (4 posters, baffling free kicks, Monfries pinging his hammy the moment he was free going for an open goal, marks not paid in front of goal) whereas the Boners played out of their skins - and we still got within 7 points and had a chance to snatch it at the end with our 14 year old back pocket Impey missing. But there's no doubt that your team pressured us and forced us into numerous uncharacteristic skill errors. Credit must be given where it is due.

• MARK not marks
  • baffling free kicks hahaha you have got to be joking. We had countless not paid and how many resulted in goals for Port?
  • what's Impey's age got to do with it?

tumblr_lzrdz6FpIF1rnua94o1_500.gif

Is
North had more scoring shots.

North clearly got the raw deal as far as umpiring was concerned with the inconsistency and the frees that weren't paid at times. (Especially early.)

MacMillan injured his ankle about 5 minutes later so that nullifies any injury excuse you could possibly attempt to use, not to mention the fact that we had Swallow and Ziebell (Captain and VC) out of the side. And there is no way Monfries was going to get to that ball anyway. [He's also a diving squib]

We played nowhere near our best. Turnovers were a problem for us and none of our key forwards (especially Drew) had much impact on the game.

All in all you are clutching at straws. Had you stopped at "Gotta say, well done North" that would have been perfectly appropriate. The rest was buttthurt dribble.
Is there something funny going on here with this dude that's firing yous up only having joined BF 3 weeks ago and most of his posts have been on this forum?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back