Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herad Cul MClay and Ben Fixure from Albury are headed to Holbrook.
Not sure if its true as it came out of the Wodonga camp. You would think that if Cul was leaving the o&m to head bush that he would go with McAlister to Osborne considering he use to play out there as well.

Not sure if its true as it came out of the Wodonga camp. You would think that if Cul was leaving the o&m to head bush that he would go with McAlister to Osborne considering he use to play out there as well.

Fixter as far as i know is a definate to Holbrook, Mclay just recently re-signed with Albury was on back page of BMM. McAlister from all reports will have trouble getting boys out of Albury.

Pretty quiet on here lad's !! C'mon lets get some chat going:

Howlong - Are they loosing any ? Will they try and recruit or just work with what they've got seeing's as they are the benchmark ? Surely Koelher must be getting phone calls, if they loose him will they drop substantially ?

Culcairn - How's the young coach settling in ? Is he bringing any with him ? I hear young McDiarmid is a confirmed departure, off to uni in melb is this right lion's ?

BB - Has Mckimmie hooked into recruiting yet ? Do they need many or will he be the difference ? Whats happening with Schilg as he's non-committal unlike the rest of their good players ?

Jindera - Whats happening at the Kennel ? One of the big clubs that has had a change of coach, what will Stevenson bring with him ? Have got some good players but need a couple more, have your good players committed and has the recruiting hit full gear to stay at the pointy end doggies ?

Osborne - Another of the big clubs to change coaches, so who's getting the golden egg ? Is it only McAlister they want ? Or is he only one of a few candiates ?

MM - Will get alot harder draw so are they recruiting more good players to make sure they dont dive ? Are your better players committing to maintaining the surge maggies ?

RW - Are you getting the Rutherglen players you are obviously chasing ? Brown has gone, have some good players but surely need all of them to stay to be around the mark so have they all committed ?

Holbrook - Set the pace very early before season 2010 even finished but have sort of gone quiet ever since, so is Twitt bringing the star's from Wodonga that the club is no doubt hoping for ?

Henty, Lockhart, Walla - Anything to report on their ? Demons were on the hunt for a new coach is that right ? If so, is there any main contenders yets ? The Swampies weren't terrible last year, is there any chance of landing 5 or 6 good ones from Wagga or Albury to push up maybe into finals contention ? Are Walla chasing any or just trying to give there kids a good go ?

Billabong, CDHBU, Coly - Is ANYTHING happening out their ? It looks like Coly is going to the first to jump which is fair enough. Are Billibong and CDHBU looking at other leagues, or players to try and bring them up in the Hume ?

Think this covers everyone, hopefully gets the ball rolling :thumbsu:

i'll do my best to add what i ahve heard;
Howlong- May lose a few (rumours) with at least 1 moving interstate and a few others been actively sought after by O and M clubs. Will keep bulk of their list
Culcairn- McDiarmond off to uni in melbourne, a few talking retirement (Brand, Mcgrath) Added Klemke would think they will ad a few more.
Saints; haven't heard to much but would think with their success this year as well as McKimmie as coach they will attract a few. Be interested to see how the go next year with a tougher draw.
Jindera; Not going to let to much on but not really losing any apart from maybe a retirement or 2, a couple of Premiership players to return (as many as 3) hoping to land a big fish in coming weeks.
Osborne; mcalister to coach would expect Munson to go back to Turvey. Macca will struggle to get players out of albury but expect Osborne to recruit hard
Magpies; A few seeking other options due to some not enjoying the culture, most of their better players are amongst them. Will get a harder draw.
Holbrook; On the move big signing's with strong kids see's the Brookers being the big improvers next season.
Henty; Will continue to improve probably need to land a big fish. If Ben Klemke commits that would be huge for the swampies.
R/W; Lost best player in Brown not sure about others, would love to see a practice match v Rutherglan:D
Crows; By reports having a bit of a crack at recruiting which would be good to see.
CDHBU; By own admission need Corowa to be strong so they can get the over flow, Tough location to recruit.
Colly; off to Farrer which will be a good fit for them
Walla; offering healthy coin to a lot of players coming from a long way back
Lockhart: Haven't heard will probably try and rely on servicemen again.
As i say most a rumours, but only what i have heard

Who are the Howlong players on the move?:confused:

From the information I have heard. The players on the move are...

Jay Banks - Back to Lavington
Jay Koeler - Up North, or if stays here back to Albury
Brad Farrugia- With Jay

i'll do my best to add what i ahve heard;

Culcairn- McDiarmond off to uni in melbourne, a few talking retirement (Brand, Mcgrath) Added Klemke would think they will ad a few more.

Charlton White to North Albury, Ben Schulz - Rivcol, Sam Schulz - GWS. Donnan & Waide talking retirement. O'Neill & Allen to Nathalia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone confirm if micheal lamb of wodonga has signed on at holbrook ????

Ash Sibraa (rutherglen) has signed with JIndera as assistant coach, will be a handy pick up.

Jindera also in talks with Matt Bain from albury. He is a very handy onballer and small forward would be a massive pick up if they land him as he also played 8 games in the albury tigers seniors and won the 2nds best and fairest in 2010.

Jindera also in talks with Matt Bain from albury. He is a very handy onballer and small forward would be a massive pick up if they land him as he also played 8 games in the albury tigers seniors and won the 2nds best and fairest in 2010.

i think you will find Matt is in high demand throughout the country leagues, i know he has spoken to a few clubs with Thurgoona being one of them. If we do land him then that will be very handy.

NOP any truth to the rumour that K.Garland is no certainty to play at all next season?

Kade had an ankle reconstruction and will not be able to participate in any running until the new year. With his past history with his ankle he won't be forcing the issue, he expects to be back in full flight by mid year.

anyone else hear of the player exodus from Culcairn, have heard from a number of sources..

You might be right, but I have heard that same rumour every year for the past 3 years. Although if anyone with any more information names etc, want to come forward...

You might be right, but I have heard that same rumour every year for the past 3 years. Although if anyone with any more information names etc, want to come forward...

The names mentioned above, Losing Charlton White and Donnan will hurt. Schulz boys, McDiarmond all confirmed, The proposed retirements of Brand, Lubke, Waide, McGrath. I know FACT Thurgoona are talking to a few with one to Coach and will take one or two with him. Also Gardiner rumoured to be heading back to Albury (unconfirmed rumour) Few not happy with Matt Klemke coaching
Thats what i know for certain.

Howlong likely to lose more than anticipated but have reportidly picked up Price from North Albury.

BB Saints talking to anyone with any dexterity regardless of where they are from.

R/W picked up a couple of young blokes.

CDHBU chasing a few from Chiltern way.

JIndera signed Sibraa with a few more real close. Could get up to 5 premiership players back (unconfirmed)

Holbrook Will improve, Fixter no certainty yet.

Henty in the market for a few guns

The two blokes Lockhart have signed can play by all reports and are been mentioned to be on $25k each (yesterdays Daily Advertiser) not sure how much cash they will have left.

Crows are under water

Morundah Pub will go into liquidation with Coleambally joining Farrer

Be interested to see if McAlister can pull from Albury Osborne expected to recruit strongly

The camp Magpies expected to land a BIG fish from a rival club, but are losing a few

thats it back to work>>>>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back