Status
Not open for further replies.

SnoopyPup

Rookie
May 11, 2009
Elmore
AFL Club
Essendon
I would think that all teams have started training or are about to.

Does anyone have a listing of who has left and who has arrived at the clubs this off season.
I would think that the hume league will be far stronger then that of the TDFL this year.

I would think that all teams have started training or are about to.

Does anyone have a listing of who has left and who has arrived at the clubs this off season.
I would think that the hume league will be far stronger then that of the TDFL this year.

I find it suprising that the draw isn't out yet does it usally take this long for it

OP - surely if you're going to start a new HFL thread, you'd have known the gains and losses from the clubs. Poor form.

OP - surely if you're going to start a new HFL thread, you'd have known the gains and losses from the clubs. Poor form.

Yeah your right, i should! gosh i dont know what i was thinking. im terribly sorry, if i have put u out in anyway.

Or i may have wanted to generate some discussion.. :eek:

Yeah your right, i should! gosh i dont know what i was thinking. im terribly sorry, if i have put u out in anyway.

Or i may have wanted to generate some discussion.. :eek:

What a strange start to a new thread! I follow the league relatively closely, but from afar, and would love to read about some comings and goings from varuious clubs to start the new year. What a ridiculous reply to a simple OP.

Hopefully someone will have something more interesting to say rather than just chipping a simple discussion point.

Any truth that Osborne have signed Essendon legend Courtney Johns? Would surely catapault them into premiership favoritism!:)

Toecutter stick to the Upper Murray where 1 player makes a difference to whether you become flag favourites or not.Osborne were a long long way from the best 4 or 5 sides this year (yes I know they had a day out here and there) but were never in the hunt to win it.They have lost Bloomfield;Munson(theyre 2 best players);Matt Clarke(probably next best);Armstrong;Bahr with doubts on a couple of others.Their gains are McAlister(played very little footy in last 2 years);Rioli(hasnt played in 3 years) and possibly Johns.The former two will have patches and dominate the lower sides on pure ability but conditioning and football fitness will be the query as to how many games they play.I would be more than happy to take some of your hard earned if you want to back the cats to win it.
You also amused me with a post on Cupido saying he was a "great" player at Nth Albury this year!

Heard over the weekend Rioli has hired himself a personel trainer and is well on the way to losing the 25kg he set himself for. Also heard the cats were keen on catching up with former rfl and east wagga gun Benny Perkins.

Talking to H the other day and the subject of how many goals Darren Bradshaw would kick this year came up.He obviously coached Holbrook this year so would have a fairly good handle on opposition(sizing;talent etc) and I was suprised he thought between 150-250 goals!Reasoning being (if he played the majority of games) he would kick close to 100 against the bottom sides and average between 5-8 minimum against the good sides.Reckons there aren't any big enough bodies to physically hold him.Anyone else want to have a pick at his number of goals in 2011?We will come back and give a Freddo Frog to the winner at the end of the season.He can start the ball rolling with 248!!:thumbsu:

i'll say about 120 if he plays all 18 games he will play quality opposition in at least 10 of those say he averages 6 goals in those that takes him to 60. In the other 8 he could kick any where between 60 or 80 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that the league has decided on Version 2 of the draw. (Apparantly there was 3 versions) Does anyone have a copy of that version they could share with the group.

NOP u normally break all this news, do u have a copy or know where we can have a look. Its not on Sporting pulse as yet..

I heard that the league has decided on Version 2 of the draw. (Apparantly there was 3 versions) Does anyone have a copy of that version they could share with the group?

Also heard that Lockhart was not very happy with this draw. I would love it see it..

NOP u normally break all this news, do u have a copy or know where we can have a look. Its not on Sporting pulse as yet..

2 double byes

i'll say about 120 if he plays all 18 games he will play quality opposition in at least 10 of those say he averages 6 goals in those that takes him to 60. In the other 8 he could kick any where between 60 or 80 goals

Who would be the quality opposition RHG?I'd imagine Kirk Wilson or Hilton would take him vs Jindera;Murph vs BB Saints-wonder who would get him at other clubs.

Who would be the quality opposition RHG?I'd imagine Kirk Wilson or Hilton would take him vs Jindera;Murph vs BB Saints-wonder who would get him at other clubs.

i wasn't talking about direct opponent i was more talking about the amount of supply he would receive, against the better sides he may only get the ball kicked to him 20 times where against the lesser sides it could be 30 or 40 times with more quality delivery. I wouldn't think Hilton will play on him against Jindera.

I heard that the league has decided on Version 2 of the draw. (Apparantly there was 3 versions) Does anyone have a copy of that version they could share with the group.

Apologies for that Mr Head change of employment has taking me away from the computer. If it was the draft the president was showing the other day I know at Jindera we weren't too disappointed with it, our byes evenly spread etc.. Only downside from the committee's point of view was only having Osborne once at Osborne they seen it as an opportunity to have a large gate if at Jindera but overall not too bad, Tough start with Crows at home then Lockhart away (if it's the correct one i'm talking about)

Apologies for that Mr Head change of employment has taking me away from the computer. If it was the draft the president was showing the other day I know at Jindera we weren't too disappointed with it, our byes evenly spread etc.. Only downside from the committee's point of view was only having Osborne once at Osborne they seen it as an opportunity to have a large gate if at Jindera but overall not too bad, Tough start with Crows at home then Lockhart away (if it's the correct one i'm talking about)

I think part 2 of the leagues AGM is in the next week or so, and the finalising the draw is on the agenda so hopefully will get released by the end of next week, so we can all have a look

Toecutter stick to the Upper Murray where 1 player makes a difference to whether you become flag favourites or not.Osborne were a long long way from the best 4 or 5 sides this year (yes I know they had a day out here and there) but were never in the hunt to win it.They have lost Bloomfield;Munson(theyre 2 best players);Matt Clarke(probably next best);Armstrong;Bahr with doubts on a couple of others.Their gains are McAlister(played very little footy in last 2 years);Rioli(hasnt played in 3 years) and possibly Johns.The former two will have patches and dominate the lower sides on pure ability but conditioning and football fitness will be the query as to how many games they play.I would be more than happy to take some of your hard earned if you want to back the cats to win it.
You also amused me with a post on Cupido saying he was a "great" player at Nth Albury this year!
Obviously you don't understand sarcasm or have a sense of humour STP as you would be able to see that i am an Essendon fan. Would be great for the league's profile if Johnsy pulls on the boots with Rioli. Troy Simmonds was on big dollars in the Eastern FL last year but his club took $27,000 on the gate after the 1st game so it was a worthwehile investment, hopefully the Cats can do the same.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back