Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osbourne seem to be coming along ok with good numbers at training, the return of Matty Clark and Marty Barr along with Cal Mclay who will be on one leg should help them climb up the ladder, they are also chasing 09 gun Brendon McKelvie although Cal Litchfield wont return and the Mango players from last year could return home given Willis has gone to Culcairn:p

Mckelvie has been training with rivcoll

Bit quiet on here at the moment boys. Long time reader first time poster.

I'm hearing the Saints have lost a few more. Jake Peters has moved interstate and Craig Depiazza and Nathan Scott look like they've had enough of their travel and are set to play back in Wagga. With no real signings they will struggle to play finals at this stage.

Been talking to a few Howlong boys and they seem to think they've got the flag in the bag already. Hard to argue with them at the moment but lets hope they're wrong. I'd expect Osborne to come close to top two with the easy draw. I think the'll sign a few more before the start of the season. Plenty of cash to throw around apparently.

Most clubs will be starting pre season this week, surely we have some news?

Osborne have recruited Cal McClay;Luke Heyme returns from O/S;Matt Clarke and a few others.1 last stand for their pop who is retiring at the end of the year.Howlong still with Bradshaws;Gia's brother and another mid from Balranald as well as retaining Beau walker early favourite's still.Holbrook havee aaron Pitson returning but loose Semmler;Palmer;McLean out of GF side.Saints struggling big time to attract a recruit as mentioned.McKimmie hasn't been great on that front.

Osborne have recruited Cal McClay;Luke Heyme returns from O/S;Matt Clarke and a few others.1 last stand for their pop who is retiring at the end of the year.Howlong still with Bradshaws;Gia's brother and another mid from Balranald as well as retaining Beau walker early favourite's still.Holbrook havee aaron Pitson returning but loose Semmler;Palmer;McLean out of GF side.Saints struggling big time to attract a recruit as mentioned.McKimmie hasn't been great on that front.
Tom Hickey also going back to holbrook, will help to free up lamb

Tom Hickey also going back to holbrook, will help to free up lamb

This won't happen.

So by reports the 2 teams who played in the Flag last year have come back to the field considerably with a few serious losses, with Osborne recruiting well and Howlong picking up a few really good players and will surely have a better run with injuries than what they had last year.

I'd stll be backing Howlong at this stage, but gee if McLay stands up at Osborne that can make a massive difference for their chances. Speaking of backing Howlong, can you bet on the HUME League??? If so, where are the odd's if they are out yet??

This won't happen.

So by reports the 2 teams who played in the Flag last year have come back to the field considerably with a few serious losses, with Osborne recruiting well and Howlong picking up a few really good players and will surely have a better run with injuries than what they had last year.

I'd stll be backing Howlong at this stage, but gee if McLay stands up at Osborne that can make a massive difference for their chances. Speaking of backing Howlong, can you bet on the HUME League??? If so, where are the odd's if they are out yet??

As of 10 days ago, Cal McClay had not signed out at osborne. Also heard that he just had another knee operation.

These rumours have been flying around for the past 12 weeks or so that he has signed.. Can anyone confirm that he has indeed signed, by either talking to the bloke himself or seeing a contract in the past 10 days??????

In terms of other recruiting news.......well i dont have any. but Jindera appear to be on the hunt yet again for a few big signings, but they have alot of losses to cover as well.

BB have yet again not signed anyone, and i havent even heard of any rumours that they are close to signing anyone - or even talking to anyone. Can anyone enlighten me??? I know Nathan Scott has left, and apparently there is a couple of other younger players that are border line leaving..

Walla should be on the improve this season, although might still struggle to make finals... Give us a season to find out feet, and look out :thumbsu:

As of 10 days ago, Cal McClay had not signed out at osborne. Also heard that he just had another knee operation.

These rumours have been flying around for the past 12 weeks or so that he has signed.. Can anyone confirm that he has indeed signed, by either talking to the bloke himself or seeing a contract in the past 10 days??????

In terms of other recruiting news.......well i dont have any. but Jindera appear to be on the hunt yet again for a few big signings, but they have alot of losses to cover as well.

BB have yet again not signed anyone, and i havent even heard of any rumours that they are close to signing anyone - or even talking to anyone. Can anyone enlighten me??? I know Nathan Scott has left, and apparently there is a couple of other younger players that are border line leaving..

Walla should be on the improve this season, although might still struggle to make finals... Give us a season to find out feet, and look out :thumbsu:
herd jiders have lost piltz, leizus and mcfaul to cudgewa and maybe losing a few more tan the 4 that have already gone to yack

Heard bb saints are close to signing a prominent key forward from the wafl as a playing assistant coach for this year. Can anyone expand on this?

Heard bb saints are close to signing a prominent key forward from the wafl as a playing assistant coach for this year. Can anyone expand on this?

Hawkeye, u must be in the know, as the club has kept this very close to their chest. The bloke is a GUN FORWARD! about 6"5 and 105-110kg of a huge frame. has a great set of hands and is very athletic for his frame. Would be right behind the bradshaws as the power fwd of the comp.
Hasnt put pen to paper but is very very close. If he comes he will bring a couple of his mates who are very good on-ballers...... Super quick and strongly built also. silky smooth skills as well. will be a great support for the gun side the coaches have been quietly putting together since before xmas. ;)

Howlong WHO??? :eek::eek::eek:

walla might lose one of there key position players early. off to the TFL.
ive seen cal walk his dog, he seems fine. cant rememeber if it was in the last 10 days or not thou.

Not sure if you are pulling our leg or you guys at BB are great at keeping secrets. I've asked a couple of mates at the club and no one has any idea about this bloke. Hopefully for your sake it is true. With Lockhart and Osborne on the way up it will be tough for you guys to make finals.

I'm guessing most clubs have started pre season. Can everyone give a details to the in's and out's at your club at this stage?

Not sure if you are pulling our leg or you guys at BB are great at keeping secrets. I've asked a couple of mates at the club and no one has any idea about this bloke. Hopefully for your sake it is true. With Lockhart and Osborne on the way up it will be tough for you guys to make finals.

I'm guessing most clubs have started pre season. Can everyone give a details to the in's and out's at your club at this stage?

I'm hoping it's true as well. But I doubt it. Sorry guys was just a bit of fun. :D
The ppl in the know are keeping things quiet as per normal. I just hope we have signed some players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No news on whether the Swampies have actually signed anyone, looks them and the Saints both have 'high profile' senior coaches but must not have any money left in the kitty to recruit anyone else.:D:D:D

with high profile coach's comes knowledge. skills took a side with some good players with bleeding alot of kids to our first finals win. (with no guesty) thats something.
instead of a coach with a team full of good high paid players!
same as osborne. they done extremley well to finsih were they did. bleeding alot of kids in the process.
true that our recruitment isnt going to fast, but nothing is going to beat our recruitment a few years ago. so of course, the next few years are going to look like s**t when you have an off field recruitment like that.
look at holbrook, lets see where they go this year. big year off field, now lets see if they can back it up.
cant speak for the swampies, but money isnt a factor for us. just ask Angry Mal.. he's on some big coin i hears.. :)

the only bad thing about these "high profile coaches".. kinda seems like they are still loyal to their respect previous teams. and not poaching their players... just yet

with high profile coach's comes knowledge. skills took a side with some good players with bleeding alot of kids to our first finals win. (with no guesty) thats something.
instead of a coach with a team full of good high paid players!
same as osborne. they done extremley well to finsih were they did. bleeding alot of kids in the process.
true that our recruitment isnt going to fast, but nothing is going to beat our recruitment a few years ago. so of course, the next few years are going to look like s**t when you have an off field recruitment like that.
look at holbrook, lets see where they go this year. big year off field, now lets see if they can back it up.
cant speak for the swampies, but money isnt a factor for us. just ask Angry Mal.. he's on some big coin i hears.. :)

the only bad thing about these "high profile coaches".. kinda seems like they are still loyal to their respect previous teams. and not poaching their players... just yet
Only 9 weeks until the real stuff starts again. Whats happening around the league??? Howlong have picked up a couple more, Jindera have lost a few to neighbouring leagues but I think have a couple up their sleeve. Hearing that all is not great out at Culcairn with a couple of their recruits failing to turn up? What about the rest, has Lockhart landed a few yet and has Nagle landed a few from up north to help the hoppers??:thumbsu:

I heard Luke Taylor is training with Culcairn and likely to play there. Shows how good some of the pickups this off season have been if this bloke goes under the radar. Absolute bullet as a junior, pretty sure he may of even been on the swans list, not 100% sure.

Any truth in that STP , Kilmartin has been talking to a couple of clubs as well I think Henty might be one...

A lot of blokes at the kennel starting to show their true colours. Has there ever been a bigger exodous of players after a club has just won a premiership ? S.Pierpoint gets gifted a flag then f*cks off for more money. Kilmartin, club does everything to help him through a tough stretch of 3-4 yrs to get him a flag then he f*cks off for more money. Castles was on good wicket at jindera and won 2 flags then f*cks off for more money, granted he got offered an a/c gig. Kirk Wilson, same deal as castles, was a vice captain I beleive. And you hear that they have lost 2 absolute stalwarts in Lezlius and Piltz.
Howong lost a few after their 2010 flag but at least most of their boys went back into o&m to try and better themselves.
Those in the know at the kennel, what is the go ? Aren't any of the boys mates with each other or can't they stand the joint ?
Is anyone else bemused by the summer that has unfolded at jindera or is it just the old saying of 'what goes up must come down'...:thumbsu:

Not sure if the 'what goes up must come down' theory is to accurate, im sure the dogs will be more then competetive! With a reserves team that won by 100+ points, some smart recruiting and a solid core of senior players remaining, Jindera will still be a tough side:thumbsu:
I hear that Howlong V's Jindera in Rnd 1 has been moved to Good Friday to start the year off. Great initiative from the league and hopefully supported throughout the comp:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Howong lost a few after their 2010 flag but at least most of their boys went back into o&m to try and better themselves.
Those in the know at the kennel, what is the go ? Aren't any of the boys mates with each other or can't they stand the joint ?
Is anyone else bemused by the summer that has unfolded at jindera or is it just the old saying of 'what goes up must come down'...:thumbsu:[/QUOTE]

So going to another club as an assistant coach is not trying to better yourself? Out of seniors side Wilson & Castles, both wanted to get into coaching and felt this was a good chance to follow that path. Piltz was another that left for a coaching gig although wasn't in the seniors grand final team. Cassidy left to have another crack at o&m while Lezius and three others have retired. Lezius has since decided to follow his good mate Piltz. I would expect jindera to still be competitive this year.

I think if you look back to Osborne's last premiership team, they had lost a few before the next season started.

Is anyone else bemused by the summer that has unfolded at jindera or is it just the old saying of 'what goes up must come down'...:thumbsu:

So going to another club as an assistant coach is not trying to better yourself? Out of seniors side Wilson & Castles, both wanted to get into coaching and felt this was a good chance to follow that path. Piltz was another that left for a coaching gig although wasn't in the seniors grand final team. Cassidy left to have another crack at o&m while Lezius and three others have retired. Lezius has since decided to follow his good mate Piltz. I would expect jindera to still be competitive this year.

I think if you look back to Osborne's last premiership team, they had lost a few before the next season started.[/quote]

Fair call. Just from an outsider looking in it looked like a few that were lucky to get that premiership medal have up'd camp for a few more dollars in the back pocket. Thought maybe the mateship generated by winning the comp would have kept the list together a bit more. But thats country footy. Will still be competitive no doubt. :thumbsu:

I think if you look back to Osborne's last premiership team, they had lost a few before the next season started.

Fair call. Just from an outsider looking in it looked like a few that were lucky to get that premiership medal have up'd camp for a few more dollars in the back pocket. Thought maybe the mateship generated by winning the comp would have kept the list together a bit more. But thats country footy. Will still be competitive no doubt. :thumbsu:[/QUOTE]

Thats footy not to often do you see the likes of clubs like Moyhu, Mitta or Osbourne where clubs win 3 or 4 in a row, Unfortunately country Footy clubs are a business now and $$$$ move mountains and give blokes opportunity to coaching roles and high payed players, its just like the AFL on a very small scale so good luck to all them boys taken on Assistant coaching roles and getting a few $$$$, Would matter if they stayed the way they are talking about Howlong and September.:footy::footy::footy:

Fair call. Just from an outsider looking in it looked like a few that were lucky to get that premiership medal have up'd camp for a few more dollars in the back pocket. Thought maybe the mateship generated by winning the comp would have kept the list together a bit more. But thats country footy. Will still be competitive no doubt. :thumbsu:

Thats footy not to often do you see the likes of clubs like Moyhu, Mitta or Osbourne where clubs win 3 or 4 in a row, Unfortunately country Footy clubs are a business now and $$$$ move mountains and give blokes opportunity to coaching roles and high payed players, its just like the AFL on a very small scale so good luck to all them boys taken on Assistant coaching roles and getting a few $$$$, Would matter if they stayed the way they are talking about Howlong and September.:footy::footy::footy:[/quote]
Its always been hard to keep successful sides together,its not uncommon to see an exodus like the doggies are having now,Henty have lost a stack and they only reached the first week of the finals...It is annoying to see 'lightweights' like the Pierpoints and Kilmartin leaving to chase the cash,thats gratitude for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back