Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

BB saints easily over Jindera. Dogs wont worry top few on todays effort. Slow, poor skills. Saint moved ball well and broke the lines with hard running and made dogs look very slow and lazy. Dogs might be all talk
N
Not sure many from dogs are talking all the talk has come from outside our club

BB saints easily over Jindera. Dogs wont worry top few on todays effort. Slow, poor skills. Saint moved ball well and broke the lines with hard running and made dogs look very slow and lazy. Dogs might be all talk
at least jindera hav helped north albury pay there players this year by getting macca on board nice of them. saints n henty still to 2 i think

Weren't Jindera tipped to win the flag by the Border Mail? I know premierships aren't won in April but they seem a long way off at the moment. Their was very little talk about Henty over the off season but they are proving that they are still a force.

NOP, why is Murray playing seconds and when do you expect to see him back in the ones?

Weren't Jindera tipped to win the flag by the Border Mail? I know premierships aren't won in April but they seem a long way off at the moment. Their was very little talk about Henty over the off season but they are proving that they are still a force.

NOP, why is Murray playing seconds and when do you expect to see him back in the ones?

Ash started preseason late (about 3 weeks before the season start) we have to reward the guys that did it all. Won't be to far away I suspect.

Ash started preseason late (about 3 weeks before the season start) we have to reward the guys that did it all. Won't be to far away I suspect.

Ash didn't set the world on fire last week, some skinny rabbit kept him quiet in the first half and an old fat bald guy did the job on him in the second half.

NOP, surely Michael Galvin wouldn't be too far away from playing seniors. Is he doing his penance in the seconds after nearly signing with Goorambat?

Hey NOP not sure if this is true just checking..
Heard their is abit of drama going on people not happy with selection
Just wondering if this is true...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is it as happy as larry down there...
Or is there some worried people with so far struggling to live up to expectation
We knew we had a tough start to the season no denying that. if you start the doomsday scenarios after 2 games it makes for a long year.

It
We knew we had a tough start to the season no denying that. if you start the doomsday scenarios after 2 games it makes for a long year.
Itll be pretty hard to turn around a 73 point loss to BB if you play them again..
Also loosing to a second rate Holbrook... I think it strengthens the point that recruiting old plays and O&M 2's players dosn't cut the cheese

When it comes to winning flags people need to think outside the square and try and recruit people still in the prime of their career. Not people who are has beens and can't finish off a season

When it comes to winning flags people need to think outside the square and try and recruit people still in the prime of their career. Not people who are has beens and can't finish off a season

Not sure who you're referring to with last comment however what you've mentioned is hardly thinking outside the square. Clubs would love those types however the price that comes with them is totally unreasonable and way outside most budgets

Premierships can't be won by Round 5 but they can be lost by then, I'm a former BB Saint and it takes just as much luck (with injures and suspension and form) as it does hard work to win a flag, every person on here is going to stick up for there club and "tow the company line" especially about rifts and what not so of course NOP is going to say its smooth sailing at Jindera and there is no friction and some of us will choose to not believe that because we all love to talk about dramas at other clubs, which let's face it is why this site was made, but not once have I heard a Jindera person (and I have spoken to a few of them) say they are going to win the flag.... The paper may have said it but that is only the opinion of the journalist who writes the article, I have heard all the jindera people I have spoken to say how they are going to improve and be a more consistent side once they work out how each other plays and get the balance right.

After three rounds this is what I think.

RW to win flag by 10 goals, have some top A graders, plenty of depth, some real good kids coming on and are working hard on the track. Will be hard to stop.
Henty to play off in GF, really good onballers, good kids and coached very well, there backline is suspect and lack depth.
BB to come third, have not trained hard enough and may not have the hunger and may not be coached as well as they were last year.
Jindera to come forth have some A graders and plenty of depth, may not have enough A graders to go all the way.
CDHBU to come fifth, have improved on last year but there older guys are getting older, don't have the depth to go the next step.
Howlong to finish sixed, have a few A graders, some really good kids and plenty of depth, will improve on last year.
Osborne to finish seventh, Have no depth and there A graders are getting old, they do have the best group of kids coming on in the league. Will run out of steam as the season goes on, unless they pick up a few more A graders before June 30.
Holbrook to finish eighth, have no forwards and no big men, no depth and there kids don't work hard enough.
Lockhart to finish ninth, not enough A graders, no depth and no good kids coming on
MM to finish tenth, may surprise me but I doubt it.
Culcairn, to far back to do much, no kid s coming on need to spend heaps to get back up.
Crows, no depth, there A graders only play well every third week and there kids haven't came on like they would of hoped.
Walla, another long year, may have to start talking to Culcairn.

It

Itll be pretty hard to turn around a 73 point loss to BB if you play them again..
Also loosing to a second rate Holbrook... I think it strengthens the point that recruiting old plays and O&M 2's players dosn't cut the cheese

Which players are you talking about that they recruited that don't cut it? Any club would want McDonald, Pound and Nott playing for them. You seem to forget BB and holbrook played well in finals, but it was Henty who was the best and most dominant team last year. The premiership is by no means a fore gone conclusion.

I have heard the radio advertising the game between Holbrook and BB. There is huge anticipation around to see how the 'Holbrook Bruiser' in Andrew Mackinlay goes and how many people he knocks over. Macklinlay is known around the region as the 'Bowling Ball', as he continuously knocks blokes as easily as if they were Ten Pins. Thommo has been reknown as one of the toughest players in the comp, but flat out refuses to go near Mackinlay in contact training drills, in fear that the 'Bowling Ball' will turn his agression to Thommo and crush him. There will be quite a few people from numerous O and M clubs watching to see him. It is very interesting to hear he has already been offered contracts from a few O and M clubs as early round 3 this year after he kicked a bag against Jindera. After which, he tried to give himself the nickname of 'The Scientist' as he was quoted as saying he loves to disect opposition's defences.

Which players are you talking about that they recruited that don't cut it? Any club would want McDonald, Pound and Nott playing for them. You seem to forget BB and holbrook played well in finals, but it was Henty who was the best and most dominant team last year. The premiership is by no means a fore gone conclusion.

I have heard the radio advertising the game between Holbrook and BB. There is huge anticipation around to see how the 'Holbrook Bruiser' in Andrew Mackinlay goes and how many people he knocks over. Macklinlay is known around the region as the 'Bowling Ball', as he continuously knocks blokes as easily as if they were Ten Pins. Thommo has been reknown as one of the toughest players in the comp, but flat out refuses to go near Mackinlay in contact training drills, in fear that the 'Bowling Ball' will turn his agression to Thommo and crush him. There will be quite a few people from numerous O and M clubs watching to see him. It is very interesting to hear he has already been offered contracts from a few O and M clubs as early round 3 this year after he kicked a bag against Jindera. After which, he tried to give himself the nickname of 'The Scientist' as he was quoted as saying he loves to disect opposition's defences.
McDonald is past him best now
Pound is a good player but not a game changer
Nott don't know much about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back