Demon85

Feb 25, 2010
Corryong
Having had to listen to some R/W players and supporters tell me that they will win the flag because they have the most dominant forward line, I thought I would have a look back over the results and see what has actually happened. So I had a look at the results when the current top 6 have played each other and here are the top 10 goal kickers(some surprises)

1 D.McKimmie BBS 21
2 J.Warren-Marmo RWT 17
3 K.Morey BBS 16
4 J.Parr OSB 15
5 L.Adams OSB 9
6 D.McAlister OSB 9
7 B.Garland JIN 9
8 J.Brown HEN 8
9 M.Kimball RWT 8
10 J.Wooden LOC 6

So all 6 sides have a player in the top 10, unfortunately for Jindera their "big game" forward lives 4 hours away.RWT big fwds will need to pull there fingers out come September, but once your playing finals anything can happen, and I still think it will be a Brock-Burrum Vs Rand-Walbundrie in the grand final where the "combo cup" will play 2nd fiddle to the premiership cup on offer!
Hey rknee can you do one for the upper murray league? Maybe a educated tip for the flag and league medalist? I don't have the time at the moment

Chopper69

Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
TOP SIX
Henty-Saints-RAND/W-Osborne-Howlong-CDHBU ,But if Jinera can win this week over Henty should sneak into 6th spot.
I think the G.F. will be decided between the top 3 teams leaning towards Rand/W -BB

Fruit

Jul 24, 2012
expect Walla to make some big moves in the off season. From what I understand they are cashed up and ready to spend

Hopefully that doesn't mean that they will be up for a couple of years and then be back down the bottom again because they broke the bank. I have heard some big figures being thrown around that players may have been offered.

NETGEAR

May 14, 2007
ALBURY
expect Walla to make some big moves in the off season. From what I understand they are cashed up and ready to spend

NOP, being involved a Jindera, is there any truth to the rumor about a rift between some players? Have heard that there has been a lack of commitment from some of your boys, particularly the twos players. Find that hard to believe seeing they are sitting on top of the ladder. On another note, I have also heard that two of your prominent players are set to take the reigns at Walla on big coin. Surely not! Big name O and M player to join them.

no orange peeler

Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
NOP, being involved a Jindera, is there any truth to the rumor about a rift between some players? Have heard that there has been a lack of commitment from some of your boys, particularly the twos players. Find that hard to believe seeing they are sitting on top of the ladder. On another note, I have also heard that two of your prominent players are set to take the reigns at Walla on big coin. Surely not! Big name O and M player to join them.

no rift in the 2's mate, I've played with them the past few weeks and can assure you there definitely isn't. Not sure about Walla rumour, I have heard they are willing to throw the kitchen sink at some players who I don't quite know.

Angry Mal

Jun 10, 2009
Guam
I had the luck to watch Holbrook and Brock Burrum go at it on the weekend. Never before have I seen a game with so many blokes with gigantic biceps. The centre square wasn't big enough for both Luke Brauer and Jock Jones to fit in, and both were heard arguing about which protein powder was the best to use along with their weights program. Robbie Norris, Liam Johnson and Marshall Lacey have been known to be pretty happy with their rigs until they took a look at the colossus in Brad 'Optimus Prime' Thompson, who has laid claims that he is stronger than Derek Boyer. If you thought Holbrook's forward line looked big with Thommo and Lachy 'Miley Cyrus' Trethowan looked menacing, The Scientist makes up the third prong in the attack in what was already a formidable line up. The Scientist has what can only be described as a 'Quagmire' right bicep. I'm not quite sure why his left isn't as large as his right, however with the three of them, they are harder to stop than an avalanche. I would pay good money to see King Kong and Optimus Prime go at it when Osborne and Holbrook played, they would hit so hard that Ostrich Park would shake more than Mal Douglas when twerking late on a saturday night.

hard_ball_gets

Jul 5, 2011
house of pain
long time no talk,
NOP - congrats on your move to the big smoke, hope it all goes well for you.
can you confirm there is a player payment problem at jindera? that has either occurred or will blow up in the next couple of weeks, something to do with Walker expecting to be paid full amount even thou he is not playing at the moment? heard a whisper, just wondering if you can clarify it? was someone pissing in my pocket or some truth?

The Walla recruitment, do you reckon money is the solution? I'm aware of a couple of departures already, who you could say are key players, which they say money isn't the problem, they are sick of losing!
which someone posted earlier, need the blokes to stick around as its not going to happen in one year.
So instead of going the cream of the crop, who might play for 2 or 3 years, then bail, need to snag a few top level players (even o&m fringe ressies) and build a culture around them.

r/w tigers run home, from memory is Jindera, osborne and holbrook.. (could be wrong, thats without double checking), that's 3 danger games you would think. Jindy up and about, never discount osborne, and holbrook in the last game of the year will throw everything at it so they have something to celebrate on there mad monday.

no orange peeler

Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
long time no talk,
NOP - congrats on your move to the big smoke, hope it all goes well for you.
can you confirm there is a player payment problem at jindera? that has either occurred or will blow up in the next couple of weeks, something to do with Walker expecting to be paid full amount even thou he is not playing at the moment? heard a whisper, just wondering if you can clarify it? was someone pissing in my pocket or some truth?

The Walla recruitment, do you reckon money is the solution? I'm aware of a couple of departures already, who you could say are key players, which they say money isn't the problem, they are sick of losing!
which someone posted earlier, need the blokes to stick around as its not going to happen in one year.
So instead of going the cream of the crop, who might play for 2 or 3 years, then bail, need to snag a few top level players (even o&m fringe ressies) and build a culture around them.

r/w tigers run home, from memory is Jindera, osborne and holbrook.. (could be wrong, thats without double checking), that's 3 danger games you would think. Jindy up and about, never discount osborne, and holbrook in the last game of the year will throw everything at it so they have something to celebrate on there mad monday.

don't know about the money situation. I am way out of the loop when it comes to finances both at home and at the footy club...

Have it on good authority Kade klemke will be back next season in charge of his home town. Huge get if true. Has been massive for my old home club Queanbeyan. I guess we'll wait and see.

Angry Mal

Jun 10, 2009
Guam
NOP, can you please clarify something for me? I was at the Auskick the other week and came across a group of kicks crying after the game. I knelt down beside them and asked what was wrong. They replied through broken sobs that ‘Dean McLaren was retiring’. I was shocked, had the wind knock out of me, and was on the verge of tears as well. Tell me this isn’t so! Dean has been known throughout his career as Mother Nature, he refers to the crowds watching as his astronomers because he hits harder than an asteroid and shines brighter than the sun. His hands are cleaner than rainwater and his foot skills are crisper than Jindera’s football ground after a winter’s frost. When on, he is hotter than a solar flare, and makes every opponent around him look like they are moving as quickly as a glacier. When tackling, he hits harder than a Tsunami but moves as effortlessly as the wind. Just like the Ice Age, watching Dean play is a natural phenomenon, and may not be witnessed again for millions of years. Not unlike Mecca, millions make the pilgrimage to Jindera to see ‘Mother Nature’ produce miracles. I had my heart broken when Blue Heelers was taken off the air, I don't think I could handle not having Dean take screamers and kicking sausage rolls each Saturday, it's hard enough to put up with it during summer, let alone for good!

hard_ball_gets

Jul 5, 2011
house of pain
NOP, can you please clarify something for me? I was at the Auskick the other week and came across a group of kicks crying after the game. I knelt down beside them and asked what was wrong. They replied through broken sobs that ‘Dean McLaren was retiring’. I was shocked, had the wind knock out of me, and was on the verge of tears as well. Tell me this isn’t so! Dean has been known throughout his career as Mother Nature, he refers to the crowds watching as his astronomers because he hits harder than an asteroid and shines brighter than the sun. His hands are cleaner than rainwater and his foot skills are crisper than Jindera’s football ground after a winter’s frost. When on, he is hotter than a solar flare, and makes every opponent around him look like they are moving as quickly as a glacier. When tackling, he hits harder than a Tsunami but moves as effortlessly as the wind. Just like the Ice Age, watching Dean play is a natural phenomenon, and may not be witnessed again for millions of years. Not unlike Mecca, millions make the pilgrimage to Jindera to see ‘Mother Nature’ produce miracles. I had my heart broken when Blue Heelers was taken off the air, I don't think I could handle not having Dean take screamers and kicking sausage rolls each Saturday, it's hard enough to put up with it during summer, let alone for good!

Slow day at work old mate?

Fruit

Jul 24, 2012
What's the latest at Walla. I have heard a heap of Jindera players and a heap of Howlong players may be heading there. Are they keeping the same coach? There was talk about some big name O&M players a while ago on this thread but all gone quiet since.

no orange peeler

Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
What's the latest at Walla. I have heard a heap of Jindera players and a heap of Howlong players may be heading there. Are they keeping the same coach? There was talk about some big name O&M players a while ago on this thread but all gone quiet since.

There was a possibility but the Jindera players have all re-signed at jindera.

The_Jackal

Draftee
Mar 24, 2014
What are your thoughts on this weekends match NOP, how is the side looking? full strength? any injuries? Basically an early final this 1. If Jindera win they are gauranteed finals and if they lose then they pretty much cant make it. Jindera smashed Lockhart in Lockhart earlier in the season and Lockhart are pretty hit and miss. They havent beaten anyone decent all year bar last week and Osborne were undermanned and in poor form, plus they always get up for the local derby. I know you like to play down your chances but surely Jindera should win this one fairly easily in my opinion. They would know that anyway.

no orange peeler

Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
What are your thoughts on this weekends match NOP, how is the side looking? full strength? any injuries? Basically an early final this 1. If Jindera win they are gauranteed finals and if they lose then they pretty much cant make it. Jindera smashed Lockhart in Lockhart earlier in the season and Lockhart are pretty hit and miss. They havent beaten anyone decent all year bar last week and Osborne were undermanned and in poor form, plus they always get up for the local derby. I know you like to play down your chances but surely Jindera should win this one fairly easily in my opinion. They would know that anyway.

Should be a ripper. If the boys were to win this it would be a huge outcome from where we were 6 weeks ago. We have a few missing bit there wont be any excuses as we know whats at stake.

Rknee

Sep 5, 2012
Should be a ripper. If the boys were to win this it would be a huge outcome from where we were 6 weeks ago. We have a few missing bit there wont be any excuses as we know whats at stake.

What has happened to the ressies NOP? They seem to have fallen back to the pack after being along way ahead of the pack.

no orange peeler

Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
What has happened to the ressies NOP? They seem to have fallen back to the pack after being along way ahead of the pack.

6 players have gone up into the seniors due to injuries. We're currently calling on 4-5 thirds to back up. Come finals time depending on the seniors all will come back. The positive is the fringe players are getting an opportunity to put their case fwd.