Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

More Of Canberras Eastlakes players on the way out to the hume league. Join their mates at Rand.
With those Queanbeyan players also rumoured to be heading to Henty, Canberra could have a side in with all the players from their that are joining the comp, obviously the money wouldn't be there tho so they would probably hate the drive with no cash incentive on the end.

Not sure how they can be going to rand considering they were on the points threshold and next year they have actually less points.
I think the queanbeyan boys have signed at leeton

I agree NOP, but the mail I got says another 2 players will be fine. Apparently after 10 rounds those other players will be up to 30 club games and drop one point. But does that mean these other two have to wait until round 11 to play. I'm very sceptical about how they are seemingly getting around the points system. How and who enforces it?

Not sure how they can be going to rand considering they were on the points threshold and next year they have actually less points.
I think the queanbeyan boys have signed at leeton
After rd 10 they could sign on but not before, Marmo is gone but he wasn't worth any. Gordon is the only player that drops a point and leaves them with 19. They would be best going for a couple young blokes worth 0.
Henty would be unbeatable if they got a couple more guns.
Didn't jindera get screwed with macca, hope for there sake they got something back.

After rd 10 they could sign on but not before, Marmo is gone but he wasn't worth any. Gordon is the only player that drops a point and leaves them with 19. They would be best going for a couple young blokes worth 0.
Henty would be unbeatable if they got a couple more guns.
Didn't jindera get screwed with macca, hope for there sake they got something back.
Did hear 2 of the Canberra boys are not returning until second half of year at best so that may free a few up if they don't register them until then.
Henty will have to do a bit of work losing Hon, Murray and Brown retiring. Rumor says that Jamarl may not be there either.
Wondering how Jindera got screwed by Macca? Didn't he pay his own clearance fee from North?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was more talking about the but load of cash RW would have to be throwing these guys to travel from Canberra every week.

It's just that Holbrook have spent more and more each year for probably 3 years, until this season gone when they figured out it had got them further from a premiership rather than closer! R/W have spent money for 1 season and will top up this season. From all accounts they have money in the bank and all clubs spend money on the players, so why shouldn't they? Having been involved at Brock-Burrum when they won the flag I know for a fact they didn't win the flag with out spending any money, and any club that claims to win without spending any cash is kidding themselves!

Surely we're not going to go around and around with this same argument we have every year.
Lets just talk gains and losses

It's not an argument when the facts are everyone spends money and they always try to say they didn't! As KB says "lying is the 2nd language of football clubs"!

Also hearing that 2 clubs are now having a go at Billy Wells, those clubs are jindera and magpies. You would have to think that with his partner in crime (Rissoles) at the magpies he would be a stronger chance of getting there.

Danny Stevens has spoken to a lot of young local blokes who have played at the crows but moved on, he isn't having much luck getting them back to the club for next year, but don't be surprised if he gets them for 2016.

Walla spending hand over fist on players that were in a team that finished low on the ladder in the Tallangatta league, also paying huge money for a non playing assistant/board man!

Its the same things comes up every year this club spends x amount and so on and so forth. It becomes really tiring. Everyone needs to agree that every club spends money and that unless your the treasurer of every club frankly no one has any idea of the amount.
Walla have brought the best of the worst club over to the worst club. Not sure how much it'll improve them.

Its the same things comes up every year this club spends x amount and so on and so forth. It becomes really tiring. Everyone needs to agree that every club spends money and that unless your the treasurer of every club frankly no one has any idea of the amount.
Walla have brought the best of the worst club over to the worst club. Not sure how much it'll improve them.

Correct on both points boxhead! And not only that, the board is throwing money away at any player that will listen to them.....beggars can't be choosers I suppose!

Happy for clubs to throw money around, my concern with RAND at the moment is how they get under the points, they had a full 20 points this season and now they are going to top up(I've only heard so far about marmo leaving and I believe he wasn't worth any points anyway), so that's a few more points, how do they keep it under the limit? And if they don't will the see ramifications, or just a tiny fine they can afford.
Culcairn sound like they are struggling a bit, handful of players already left and not much coming in.
Walla will thankfully win some games next year.

Walla picking up saints player mightn't be ideal. Throwing money at them only gives them big heads. Hopefully it goes on games won. I wonder how pissed off Jindera are fighting tooth and cheque book to get McDonald and leaves after one year. Marmo leaving shouldn't worry RW but the points system is a waste of time. Who controls it's?

Hearing that tom weldon has signed at north albury. Big loss for jindera one of the best backs in the comp.

Hardnut Nick Baily has reportedly signed with Brock-Burrum in search of more senior opportunities, after a falling out with tex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back