Hunger Games Triology

Remove this Banner Ad

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
Hi Guys...

Just noting that hunger games triology by Suzanne Collins is now complete and I highly recommend reading it.

Some have compared it to twilight, but it's not that. Romance is just a backdrop to some very fine writing and topical issues raised about government oppression and control. In fact, I would say there is no romance... just a hint of it.

The first two books are more about a reality type competition where 12 to 18 year olds compete to stay alive with only 1 winner possible in the annual games in dysotopian world in the future. The winner is the survivor after remaining 23 contestants die.

Book 1- The Hunger Games
Book 2 - Catching Fire
Book 3 - Mockingjay

The movie is going to be made soon and the screenplay is written mostly by the author.

MUST READ!

I will go as far as to say it is the triology of the decade.

Has anyone else had a go at reading it?

Picked up by a film company. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Is sounds a bit like Battle Royale... with romance.

I'd say its not romance... its more of what happens to romance when the odds are stacked against a person.

I wouldn't class this as a romance novel...at all.

Is currently being adapted into a movie.
Well I have seen the movie and enjoyed it. But for some reason I kept comparing it to "Tomorrow, When The War Began" and liked that more. Probably they aren't comparable (slightly similar theme of "teenagers having to fight to survive") but I still couldn't help making the comparison.

I just finished reading the trilogy. I loved the first 2 books but the 3rd books ending has actually ruined the trilogy for me as to me the one character in all the books that should never have died was Prim because of what happened in the first book with Katniss volunteering to go into the Hunger Games to save her sister. Killing Prim is not only very depressing but it also devalues Katniss sacrifice in the first book.

RUNVS - there is a spoiler code for a reason.

In any case, I thought the ending made the point clear that in all wars, there are very few winners.. Just survivors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back