Hurley vs Walker

Hurley vs Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker is an absolute beast - Would love him at Richmond. Funny to think that a few seasons ago, I'm sure there was some talk of the crows trying to trade him due to apparent inconsistency.

J Riewoldt, J pod, Tredrea, S Welsh, Tippett, Cloke all of whom would kill us normally unless Hurley is back

Wasn't his first mark in AFL football contested against Tredrea?
I've always thought they should settle him back. He does his best attacking from there, ironically.

You'd seriously want Walker to be part of your team for the next ten years as opposed to Hurley?

There are intangibles in football so yes, this may be a subjective topic, but I'd much rather have a character like Hurley amongst our boys than Taylor Walker, other than the fact that Hurley will be the better player, anyway.

Think you have got the characters mixed up. Walker had a beer at the game but Hurley assaulted a cabby.

As a forward I would take Walker as I think Hurley is overhyped playing forward.

Gun backman...

Neither impressed me last night.
Carlisle took Walker to the cleaners most of the night and Talia restricted Hurley's output to a couple of nice plays but nothing really substantial.

When he finally got some good delivery Walker was ok.
He pushed up the ground to far through shitty midfield work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, no he didn't. 3 goals says otherwise.
Yes he did. Carlisle conceded 1 goal in the first 3 and a half quarters, Walker got 2 goals in the last 15 minutes of the match when the game was all but won. Walker at best broke even

Woulda coulda shoulda. Carlisle beat him. Deal with it.
Carlisle did not beat him - I'd say 3 Walker goals would leave it all square on the night, particularly in the context of this thread given that Talia blanketed your golden boy Hurley to 0 goals and some cheap possessions up the field which had little impact.

How many forward entries went Walkers way, He finally took his 2nd mark 1/2 way through the last qtr once the game was done and dusted.
Carlisle at that stage had a lazy 9 marks.

Carlisle did not beat him - I'd say 3 Walker goals would leave it all square on the night, particularly in the context of this thread given that Talia blanketed your golden boy Hurley to 0 goals and some cheap possessions up the field which had little impact.
Well done on Tex kicking junk time goals.

Skier.

Hurley broke even in 2 on 1 contests against Talia and Henderson in the second half which helped keep the ball in our forward line and contributed to our smalls hitting the scoreboard. He didn't have a massive game, but still had an impact.

If you're happy with Tex "breaking even" the way he did last night, then good luck to you. Most would say he was beaten. He kicked straight, but Carlisle took 9 marks, mostly due to superior positioning and judgement. By comparison, Talia offered virtually nothing going the other way against Hurley. Which either means Hurley limited Talia's impact or that Talia is simply a limited footballer.

Texas managed 3.1, while Hurley only managed 0.2 and 1 out on the full. So if their individual contribution to the scoreboard is the only measure of their impact, Walker gets the points. But if you take into account other score involvements and the impact of their direct opponents, reckon Hurley probably had the better night.

Back