Hurley vs Walker

Hurley vs Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better than yours.

He has finished top 3 in the B&F since then and actually had the highest VPG average.

He has play numerous games at a higher quality than that Hawthorn game.

The only thing that holds him back are injuries.

But no, he hasn't progressed at all. :rolleyes:

He's just not a natural forward - he attacks the ball fantastically, so people assume that, but I think he'd be a great defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of 2009 when Hurley had that stellar game against Hawthorn the media and Essendon fans thought they had the next Wayne Carey. Three and a half years later and there's been zero progression. He crashes packs and that's about it. He drops marks the good forwards take, he fumbles, he kicks the ball into the man on the mark, misses goals he needs to nail, or kicks it out of bounds on the full, etc. He's a competitive beast, but a somewhat limited footballer. I don't underestimate the value of an aggressive unit in the forward-line, but to say he's been overrated is an understatement.
He played on Tom Murphy that day hardly a monster CHB more a back pocket.

He drops marks the good forwards take, he fumbles, he kicks the ball into the man on the mark, misses goals he needs to nail, or kicks it out of bounds on the full.

Don't worry, Jack Watts will one day work his way up to this level.

#keepthefaith

Don't worry, Jack Watts will one day work his way up to this level.

#keepthefaith

I'm no Watts fan, pal. The greatest pea-heart I've seen in 40 years of watching footy. A dud of the highest order; bordering on a sick joke.

Hurley is a fantastic competitor, which I admire, but he's a very ordinary footballer.

Hurley isn't a natural forward like Walker, but our forward line is built around him. Does a lot of the hard stuff and almost never gets outmarked. Allows Crameri to hit the scoreboard ...

I'm no Watts fan, pal. The greatest pea-heart I've seen in 40 years of watching footy. A dud of the highest order; bordering on a sick joke.

Hurley is a fantastic competitor, which I admire, but he's a very ordinary footballer.
Heh. Amazing what old threads bring.

Both gun players at different ends of the field now. Walker probably ahead now.

I can't be bothered looking, but I'm pretty sure I said earlier in this thread that Hurley should be down back, and it'd be awesome watching them go at each other over the next x amount of years.

lol yeah interesting to go back and see your own comments. Cant lose with this one. Both out and out stars

Back