Hurley vs Walker

Hurley vs Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Suppose you'd take Jack Riewoldt over Taylor Walker as well.
Just comparing the two

Riewoldt vs Walker
Games
180 - 107
Goals
435 - 256
AA
2 - 0
Colemans
2 - 0
Club leading goalkicker
6 - 2
B&F
1 - 0
Seasons over 50 goals
6 - 2
Most goals in a season
78 - 63

Honestly comparing their careers, Walker hasn't been nearly as good as Jack

Defense > Offense

also Jack riewoldt? what a total flog. 'wears his heart on his sleeve' cause hes so s**t and useless. jack watts over jack riewoldt
Offence>Defence. Defenders are very important and Hurley is one of the best but a key forward has more value than a key back. They win games, backmen save them. The whole defence > offence mentality is why Freo can't win a flag, and why the nobody over the past 3 years can stop the Hawks scoring in the GF. Lyon and Roos have tried it so much in the modern era and it worked once, just, a decade ago.

There's a good reason teams sell the farm for the best key forwards, not a single team has done the same for a key back. I wonder why that is?

Just comparing the two

Riewoldt vs Walker
Games
180 - 107
Goals
435 - 256
AA
2 - 0
Colemans
2 - 0
Club leading goalkicker
6 - 2
B&F
1 - 0
Seasons over 50 goals
6 - 2
Most goals in a season
78 - 63

Honestly comparing their careers, Walker hasn't been nearly as good as Jack

Jack is 4 days away from turning 27 while Walker will start next season as a 25 year old..

Walker also had 12 months injured with an ACL

Give Walker two more seasons to catch up and he'll probably be around 370-380 goals, which would be rather comparable to Jack

If i was a team that despartely needed a foward id take Walker easily. But i'd rather Hurley at Carlton because we need KPP all over the place.
Some things never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back