Friday 23 October
7:40PM – Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory

Saturday 24 October
5:15PM – Wellington Phoenix vs Brisbane Roar
7:30PM – Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers

Sunday 25 October
5:00PM – Melbourne City vs Central Coast Mariners
7:00PM – Perth Glory vs Adelaide United

Sydney Derby should be an absolute cracker, chat away folks.

Strebre doing Strebre things already.

Melbourne Victory are the best team in the country?

Sooky losers that Victory mob.

Great win and already almost equaled last season's haul lol. Really enjoying Miller's work so far, pretty disappointing by Muscat though. Could have been a bit more gracious in defeat IMO.

Great win and already almost equaled last season's haul lol. Really enjoying Miller's work so far, pretty disappointing by Muscat though. Could have been a bit more gracious in defeat IMO.

That's Kevin for you. Reasonably good manager, but he loves having a whinge when things don't go his way.

Damn. How was the first touch from Ninkovic?

I'd nearly given up on the game. With very few goal scoring opportunities - aside from the goal that, in my view, was wrong disallowed for the Wanderers - this has been dominated by defences and by poor midfield play.

I kind of wonder what happened to the couple of Cove members who jumped the fence. I'm pretty confident they would've been turfed out - but I dunno how I feel about that. They're harmless, and if you go 2 metres over the fence when the player has come to celebrate with you, that's hopping the fence out of joy. There's certainly no malice there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydneyfc have been so lucky the last two weeks, two weeks in a row they've had goals scored against them that should have stood but disallowed, then go on to win at the death.

What goes around comes around I guess.

He's worse than most. Graham Arnold probably has him covered though.

Not really just because he's Muscat and has a reputation, have a look a Miller last week how much he whinged even went on during the week about that Smeltz challenge (granted he was right!)Yet still come across as a whinger. Can't wait for Aloisi's whinging when the Roar start getting screwd or hit a poor patch.

Muscat was pissed and angry last night considering how we played I could understand his frustration, could he have shown more class? sure. But I think he's kept his emotions in check for most of the time while he's been coach when he really could have let off if he wanted too.

Oh ya Graham Arnold sure does take the cake in the whinging department.

Last edited:
Also do Fox have the rights to all Sydney & Melbourne derbies? Because all of them are scheduled for that 7:30pm Saturday timeslot. Would've been great if at least one was on Friday night

Also do Fox have the rights to all Sydney & Melbourne derbies? Because all of them are scheduled for that 7:30pm Saturday timeslot. Would've been great if at least one was on Friday night

Fox have the rights to the whole A-League!

Seriously though, they've always treated Saturday night as match of the week. Without knowing conclusively if this is the case, I think they've always wanted to keep it in reserve for if/when a commercial network wants to pay for match of the week. At no point during the tv deal have SBS paid enough, or treated the league well enough to deserve the top game.

I know that sucks for the actual fan of the game - but given how SBS are treating it this season, I doubt putting match of the week on Friday night is going to improve FTA ratings anyway.

Not sure why people even talk about Muscat being a whinger, he's always been one. An ugly, whinging twat. Everyone got used to him years ago and I hardly even notice it any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back