Hyundai A-League: Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Backed Victory to win to nil rather than by two goals or more. Hedged with an over 2.5 goals bet to cover the original stake.

Finally seeing some sort of variation from the A League clubs. Now to see someone hit a proper free kick, not the fancy s**t that lands into the lap of a guy in level 2, aisle 158.

Victory were always going to score with a new look WSW defence. Too early to call Victory champions at this stage. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt we would have seen that carnage if Topor had played. Really missed that leader at the back last night. It's going to take us a while to work into the season.

Having said all that, take nothing away from the Victory, they played really well and looked sharp. The game could have taken a different complexion had we got the penalty we should have but I daresay you still would have run away with it.

Jesus, didn't expect that sort of scoreline at all.

Initially had Victory for a win, but after seeing that stat of not having won their opening fixture since season2, went for a draw. Bastards.

I think Spira was out as well, which probably didn't help things. I never saw a replay of the WSW penalty appeal, was it a clean pen?

Yeah should have been given. We got lucky and capitalised thereafter.

I wouldn't look too much into WSW being thrashed at this stage of the season. They've been playing Asian CL games which are a different tempo and had players out so they were always going to find it difficult playing away to us first up. I've got no doubt they'll be in the top 3 this season, hopefully with us in there too!!!!

Jesus, didn't expect that sort of scoreline at all.

Initially had Victory for a win, but after seeing that stat of not having won their opening fixture since season2, went for a draw. Bastards.

Game at AO next week? Might have to call in sick on friday and drive up :) :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back