Universal Love I <3 the Media - snippets thread

Remove this Banner Ad

really i just dont like the slight dig about the ugly football and the main heading on the site is freo win ugly
While it was a night for guts and application rather than the end-to-end highlights show Fremantle put on under the roof a fortnight ago, the Dockers again passed the test with flying colours.

and

Numbers didn’t tell the full story or reflect the quality of Fremantle’s clearances.

Both pretty fair quotes and its made clear in the article that it was wet and therefore clean, attractive football was off the menu.

For what it's worth (which is very little) Kim Hagdorn believes that Mubdy is close to re-signing with us.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...remantle-dockers/story-fni5f6su-1226868528118
1511901_698100993565005_1600884663_n.jpg

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ainsoaked-affair/story-e6frf3e3-1226868723522 braden quartamain really grinds my gears always having a dig at freo

While not being effusive as he would be if it was an Eagles article it is as balanced as he could be.
It's a tough job writing about a winning footy team when you would rather be writing a puff piece about a team you love.

We have to keep in mind West Coast is all these pathetic journos have in life. It is sad.

Last edited:
In the rest of the football world, puff pieces are left for pre season.

3 mins into AFL 360 and Robbo has already asked Whateley "What's today?" and "What year are we in now?".
Identifies Whateley as the brains of the outfit.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Dermie and Shawy spend time demonstrating how ruckmen should cheat against Aaron Sandilands.

Included in the unsavoury tactics is punching Sandi's arm just below his wrist.

" Once the umpires catch on to the fact you are cheating, you have probably got away with 5-6 times and you have done well."

" When that happens and you start getting pinged , spin in the air and go for the gonad."

Last edited:
So Dermie and Shawy spend time demonstrating how ruckmen should cheat against Aaron Sandilands.

Once the umpires catch on to the fact you are cheating, you have probably got away with 5-6 times and you have done well.
When that happens and you start getting pinged , spin in the air and go for the gonad.
They showed that pointless rubbish instead of discussing match ups, great call boys.

Also deafening in their silence on the Fyfe suspension controversy although Mooney had made his displeasure clear on 360.

Apparently discussed at length on the footy show tonight
Cant be bothered sitting through their dribble so if someone can be the martyr and watch it please report on here:thumbsu:

" Once the umpires catch on to the fact you are cheating, you have probably got away with 5-6 times and you have done well."

" When that happens and you start getting pinged , spin in the air and go for the gonad."
David Hale cheats against Sandi all the time. Grabs him at every opportunity around the ground. Watch him do it again tomorrow and the umps will wave play on.

David Hale cheats against Sandi all the time. Grabs him at every opportunity around the ground. Watch him do it again tomorrow and the umps will wave play on.
Just to follow up and I remember you don't like this on the thread Arcassius but it's almost like a self parody with all these ex-players paid to make-a-headline-a-week.Remember Leigh questioning Hilly's workrate and desire after Brady Rawlings tagged him when Rawlings was 30 and Hilly was 12?
Well he's away again:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-player-in-footy/story-fni5f6su-1226875667504
Don't worry about passing the barf bag I'll just spew on someone's foot.

Just to follow up and I remember you don't like this on the thread Arcassius but it's almost like a self parody with all these ex-players paid to make-a-headline-a-week.Remember Leigh questioning Hilly's workrate and desire after Brady Rawlings tagged him when Rawlings was 30 and Hilly was 12?
Well he's away again:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-player-in-footy/story-fni5f6su-1226875667504

Diametrically opposed to what he gushed in the pre-game last night!

Anyway, with everyone writing us and our players off we can fly under the radar a bit for a while.

They'll all get back on board in time.

Diametrically opposed to what he gushed in the pre-game last night!

Anyway, with everyone writing us and our players off we can fly under the radar a bit for a while.

They'll all get back on board in time.

I was getting uncomfortable with all the bandwagon love anyway! :D

Who needs them!

Well he's away again:
I've been saying this for years, he was a very good coach, but he is a dead set dickhead. Easily one of the worst commentators, literally just states the obvious, pointless having him there. Sprayed a young Hill, even though many other kids have been in a position close to that and when Hill plays a good game, he says nothing at all. Has never said a good word about freo, just continuously takes cheap shot after cheap shot. I'd honestly rather hear Paul Roos commentate a freo swans game than hear Leigh's voice.

I've been saying this for years, he was a very good coach, but he is a dead set dickhead. Easily one of the worst commentators, literally just states the obvious, pointless having him there. Sprayed a young Hill, even though many other kids have been in a position close to that and when Hill plays a good game, he says nothing at all. Has never said a good word about freo, just continuously takes cheap shot after cheap shot. I'd honestly rather hear Paul Roos commentate a freo swans game than hear Leigh's voice.
This is true, one thing that sticks in my mind is the 2008 offseason just after Rhys Palmer won the rising star award and Matthews was on some afl.com show or something to that effect talking about previous RS winners etc. He goes on to mention name drop the last 3 in Danyle Pearce, Joel Selwood and Cyril Rioli instead of Palmer without breaking stride. He made no attempt to hide his feelings that the selectors got it wrong and paid no respect or even acknowledgement to Palmer for being awarded the accolade at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back