Universal Love I am glad we resisted trading this guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Still remember the picture of him doing a one handed pick up off the ground before the draft. Those highlights from Conca was mouthwatering, seemed like he was playing the Deledio role, where he carried the team and broke lines. I don't i've seen Conca ever play like he did in his highlight video, i think it's because there's not much space around the packs at AFL level and he isn't used as a receiver, rather he is used as a bull at the bottom of the packs. Hopefully we see Conca explode next year. With Miles, Foley, Conca and maybe Dusty and Cotchin (part time) we'll dominate at every clearance.

He showed signs of being that player in his first year, and was pretty good at running the lines in his second year when we were running the attack off half-back in waves gameplan. Hasn't really been a particularly dynamic/mobile player since his injury in his second year, probably because as you said, he's been playing at the bottom of packs.

How can you honestly tell from that pic? No radical change in body shape there.

I also felt like Conca had trimmed down after looking at all of the training photos. He looks slimmer than he did last year, when he had more of a nuggety build. Everyone else looks largely the same, except Lloyd who looks miles better than he did this time last year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breakout year for Reece - will produce a killer home-brew based on Afgani mountain hops and chick pea brine + will pick up a gig reading beat poetry at the fountain bar in a laneway off Smith st Fitzroy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back