I did it!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that was a nice way to finish up the year.

I went to a few functions this year actually:

Family Fun Day

I love Family Fun Day. It's just such a...fun...day...anyway, I went with my little (not littlest) sister. We were both kinda bummed out that my mother couldn't come, so we resolved to get her a flag signed by two of her favourite players - Brent Staker and her sponsored boy Jordan Lisle. Brent Staker is a lovely human being. When we asked him to sign it "To the Best Mum Ever" he took it a couple of steps further and included a nice little message to her. We have such lovely players!

Three-Peat Function

Oh. My. God. What a way to start the season. The passion that this function stirred in everyone who went was comparable to the Pandemonium or the Miracle on Grass. For me it was also a time of mourning...JOELS HAIR WAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!! I was devastated, and I made sure he knew about it! It was great to meet Ceebee too, even if they did stuff the table arrangement up.

Also, they had these gorgeous notebooks with a beautiful red cover on them. I got autographs from Joel, Claye Beams, Cal Bartlett, Ash McGrath and Jonathan Brown. I also managed to snag the signatures of Beau McDonald, Jason Akermanis, Nigel Lappin and Luke Power. This little notebook became my scrapbook, and now holds every ticket from every game I went to this year. When I get the ink, I'll collect and print out all the pictures I took for the year

Player Sponsor Function

I was lucky enough to meet Andrew Raines as well that night, and he is really lovely. Very much a people-person. I liked having my Mum and little sister there too. It was great to see people coming up to Joel all night and wanting his autograph and photos, and I hope it's the same next year. It still surprises me how genuinely grateful the players are to have sponsors and fans - completely flies in the face of the "spoilt arrogant jock" stereotype.

Gala Auction

Ugh, do I have to?

Well, this should read:

"OMFG I SAT NEXT TO JOEL PATFULL AND WE CHATTED ALL NIGHT AND HE WAS SO AWESOME AND WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AND I AM SO IN LOVE WITH JOEL PATFULL!!!!!111111!!!!!ONEONEONE!!!!11111"

Instead, it was a sombre, sad affair where the players were the complete opposite of what they were at the Player Sponsor Function. They huddled together, they didn't want to chat, no one walked around looking for autographs, and there were no stitch-ups. Plus the entertainment sucked.

Club Champion Dinner

My boy won again! I was so rapt, I went and gave him a big hug (anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for being affectionate)!!!

Earlier in the night, I went to congratulate him on his Most Courageous Award. "I wasn't expecting it." He said. I nearly facepalmed and told him that everyone knew he'd won it. He was also happy that my littlest sister liked her present, and asked if I was going to follow the team around again. "Do I look stupid?"

Anyway, it was time to go home when I told Mum I wanted a photo with my hero. I was lucky enough to bump into a rather animated Andrew Raines at the same time (If I had the money, I'd sponsor Rainsey too) and the four of us had a chat. When I asked Joel if he'd finally believe me if I said he'd win next years too, he said he would. I don't believe him LOL :p.

Anything I missed? :)

Well, that was a nice way to finish up the year.

I went to a few functions this year actually:

Family Fun Day

I love Family Fun Day. It's just such a...fun...day...anyway, I went with my little (not littlest) sister. We were both kinda bummed out that my mother couldn't come, so we resolved to get her a flag signed by two of her favourite players - Brent Staker and her sponsored boy Jordan Lisle. Brent Staker is a lovely human being. When we asked him to sign it "To the Best Mum Ever" he took it a couple of steps further and included a nice little message to her. We have such lovely players!

Three-Peat Function

Oh. My. God. What a way to start the season. The passion that this function stirred in everyone who went was comparable to the Pandemonium or the Miracle on Grass. For me it was also a time of mourning...JOELS HAIR WAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!! I was devastated, and I made sure he knew about it! It was great to meet Ceebee too, even if they did stuff the table arrangement up.

Also, they had these gorgeous notebooks with a beautiful red cover on them. I got autographs from Joel, Claye Beams, Cal Bartlett, Ash McGrath and Jonathan Brown. I also managed to snag the signatures of Beau McDonald, Jason Akermanis, Nigel Lappin and Luke Power. This little notebook became my scrapbook, and now holds every ticket from every game I went to this year. When I get the ink, I'll collect and print out all the pictures I took for the year

Player Sponsor Function

I was lucky enough to meet Andrew Raines as well that night, and he is really lovely. Very much a people-person. I liked having my Mum and little sister there too. It was great to see people coming up to Joel all night and wanting his autograph and photos, and I hope it's the same next year. It still surprises me how genuinely grateful the players are to have sponsors and fans - completely flies in the face of the "spoilt arrogant jock" stereotype.

Gala Auction

Ugh, do I have to?

Well, this should read:

"OMFG I SAT NEXT TO JOEL PATFULL AND WE CHATTED ALL NIGHT AND HE WAS SO AWESOME AND WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AND I AM SO IN LOVE WITH JOEL PATFULL!!!!!111111!!!!!ONEONEONE!!!!11111"

Instead, it was a sombre, sad affair where the players were the complete opposite of what they were at the Player Sponsor Function. They huddled together, they didn't want to chat, no one walked around looking for autographs, and there were no stitch-ups. Plus the entertainment sucked.

Club Champion Dinner

My boy won again! I was so rapt, I went and gave him a big hug (anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for being affectionate)!!!

Earlier in the night, I went to congratulate him on his Most Courageous Award. "I wasn't expecting it." He said. I nearly facepalmed and told him that everyone knew he'd won it. He was also happy that my littlest sister liked her present, and asked if I was going to follow the team around again. "Do I look stupid?"

Anyway, it was time to go home when I told Mum I wanted a photo with my hero. I was lucky enough to bump into a rather animated Andrew Raines at the same time (If I had the money, I'd sponsor Rainsey too) and the four of us had a chat. When I asked Joel if he'd finally believe me if I said he'd win next years too, he said he would. I don't believe him LOL :p.

Anything I missed? :)
Was great meeting you too Kezz xo

NEVER again! Unless someone else is paying and I get the year off work.

Understandable. Was quite inspiring though and its been in the back of mind ever since I read this thread although I can't manage. I'm hoping to get just 2 or 3 interstate trips in to see the team this year.

Just drove back from Oakey and decided to listen to the songs I used to listen to when driving to Brisbane from Oakey before I moved last year. Nearly died of nostalgia :) Tuesday is the 1 year anniversary of my moving to Brisbane too, I wish I could go back and re-live the year (with a slight modification at the end of it of course - seven asterisks McBurney!).

So glad I chose last year to do it though, I'm not sure if I could have gotten through this year!

My first step to doing something like that was this year. I just moved to Brisbane this year and made it my mission to go to every single gabba game which I've done. I'm only 21 though so a long time before I attempt to go to every game. Need more $$ lol

My first step to doing something like that was this year. I just moved to Brisbane this year and made it my mission to go to every single gabba game which I've done. I'm only 21 though so a long time before I attempt to go to every game. Need more $$ lol

Yeah, plenty of time before reaching the ripe old age of patfullfankezz ;)

Yeah, plenty of time before reaching the ripe old age of patfullfankezz ;)

I was only 24 when I did it :)

Kinda fits really, me being 24 when I followed the team around. Part of me would like to try it again, but unfortunately it's costly. Plus there's the fact that by the end of the year I'd probably be dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back