Roast The Unofficial Marijuana Discussion (...Depression Thread? What?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh really? Is that stronger or something? Lovan seems to be working ok for me. I stopped getting thoughts of not being in cOntrol but breathing can sometimes still be hard.

I found it worked better for me as that is why I got off Lovan.

Don’t know the Difference

Tempest, mate can I give you a perspective from the other side?

The average GP would have 2-3 patients every single day come in sit down and say, " Doc I feel like s**t, and have done so for ..x.. months"

No energy, no drive, no enthusiasm, everything seems too hard and no fun anymore, trouble concentrating and making decisions, self esteem and self confidence through the floor etc etc. Often there's also reduced sex drive, and occasionally sleep and appetite are affected.
Young blokes often self medicate eg drink too much, dope etc or behave in a pretty reckless manner.

Just reel off a few of these, that plus you're body language will make the diagnosis easy for your GP. You can diagnose depression before the person has even sat down and opened their mouth very often, as a doc you can just feel it, see it many times.

You seriously don't need to feel uneasy about going. Every doc would have either had depression themselves at some stage or have a family member or friend with it -it's so unbelievably common and under reported.

It's usually a biochemical issue with a shortage of a chemical called serotonin.

Lexapro really is a good choice for either anxiety or depression, it fixes both, and usually if you got one, you've got bits of the other. Lexapro lifts the serotonin levels for you again.

Pure depression or pure anxiety is quite rare in fact. Usually its 70/30, 60/40, 20/80 or whatever.

I've just quit my Port Melbourne practice otherwise I'd scribble some out for you, but PM me if you'd like me to try and line something up.

They are a young practice ( most of them are early 30's just starting off their careers) and are great GPs and good guys as well.
Hey Swoop is there much of difference between Lexapro and Lovan? One more effective than the other?

Today's the 10 year anniversary of my dad's death.

I didn't go to the cemetery with the rest of the family. I'm not in the mood to support the man that single-handedly changed the course of my life and put us all through pain and suffering by selfishly ending his own life.

I don't know weather this is the right or wrong decision, but strangely it's not affecting me. Life goes on. I've got other s**t to deal with.
I can't recall you mentioning your dad's suicide before. Maybe you have and I have simply forgotten, though it's not the sort of thing you forget.

I kind of half agree with your attitude towards his death and the remembrance of it. You must have been about ten at the time. You have had more than your fair share of s**t to cope with in your life. What do you mean by 'single-handedly changed the course of your life'?

I just tore my finger nail near the base in a door. Hurts like hell and will probably get infected in the fierce humidity here. All of a sudden the pain seems pretty insignificant. I will be thinking of you today.

PS: Did you make your appointment the other day?

I am pretty sure I did mention it before, but it's okay, it's not really relevant to my modern day troubles, those were struggles of another time.

I was 10 at the time, I mean it single handedly changed my life because if you put it right down to it, if my dad was still around my life definitely wouldn't have turned out like this.

I wouldn't have tension with my mum, I wouldn't have had to deal with family court at just the young ages of 8, 9, 10 & 11. - I wouldn't have to deal with having to change schools in grade 5 because of missing 6 months due to trauma. And most importantly, I'd still have a father around.
The events that took place 10 years ago changed me a lot, but I wouldn't be the me I am today without them.

And ouch, sorry to hear about your finger, reminded me about this scene from The Simpsons:

"Fiddle dee dee TheGreatGrundy, that will require a tetanus shot" :eek:

Don't focus all your attention on me, I've been in a fine mood the last couple of days and this isn't going to change it.

I didn't make my appointment the other day, I found out it was just a review meeting that was only going to last at maximum 30 minutes. I didn't see necessary for me to travel to Parkville 40mins up and 40mins back for just a 30 minute 'review' - They've scheduled a proper appointment for me next Friday.

I've found that with my improved mood I've been kicking a lot of habits lately, Obviously I've been off the Paroxetine for about 2 weeks now, I've also not smoked a Cigarette in 3 weeks and don't plan to ever again, and ever since I was a child I had a terrible habit of biting my nails, well I haven't done that in 3 weeks either. I just hope I can stick to this better mood and not let anything get me down again, that's why I'm a bit nervous if they put me on any more anti-depressants because In my opinion the Paroxetine was just making me more depressed and right now all the evidence seems to be pointing to that.

Thanks for the support, hope your finger doesn't give you too many troubles.

Keep well as I am enjoying your player reviews.:thumbsu:

I didn't make my appointment the other day, I found out it was just a review meeting that was only going to last at maximum 30 minutes. I didn't see necessary for me to travel to Parkville 40mins up and 40mins back for just a 30 minute 'review' - They've scheduled a proper appointment for me next Friday.

I've found that with my improved mood I've been kicking a lot of habits lately, Obviously I've been off the Paroxetine for about 2 weeks now, I've also not smoked a Cigarette in 3 weeks and don't plan to ever again, and ever since I was a child I had a terrible habit of biting my nails, well I haven't done that in 3 weeks either. I just hope I can stick to this better mood and not let anything get me down again, that's why I'm a bit nervous if they put me on any more anti-depressants because In my opinion the Paroxetine was just making me more depressed and right now all the evidence seems to be pointing to that.

Thanks for the support, hope your finger doesn't give you too many troubles.

Glad To Hear you are in a Better Head Space Tempest

I kind of Sensed that on How Regular you been Posting and also with the Great Reviews you been doing for the last Few Games:thumbsu:.

Hope this is the Start of a New and Happier Life for you

You do seem to be in a good mind space. You won't need the anti-depressants at this rate! Good on you for going cold turkey, take yourself off the **** and stop biting your nails. If you really don't want the ADs just tell them. What do you think has helped your mood improvement? Interestingly your mood change coincides with your 2 lots of player reviews which have gone down a treat with forum members. I love reading player reviews. Yours are particularly detailed and very perceptive. My finger nail seems to have calmed down under the band aid.The rain has stopped so I will go searching for a pharmacy. Surprisingly I haven't seen one here. This is a small town with lots of foreigners living here permanently, as well as quite a few tourists.

If you lived in Cambodia you could self diagnose and buy your meds without a script. I loaded up on some diazepam here for overnight plane and bus trips. Much cheaper than home and you don't have to tell a doctor you're about to connect a hose to your exhaust pipe and suck in the carbon monoxide to get them. Saves money on doctor's appointments too. I probably should have filled my doctor's script for malaria pills given that this is a danger area for malaria. Given that they have a kick in period I will just take my chances now.

So glad to hear you have your head above water and looking positively on life! Catch you Tempest!

Your dad's suicide must have adversely affected your mum's life too. I gather they broke up some time before your dad's death?

EDIT: You did mention your dad's death 3 times in your OP but you only say he 'passed away'. You say you were 8 at the time. You actually talk about your dad a lot in your OP but more in terms of how similar you were to him.

Last edited:
I'm sure you could get any drug you wanted over there and you wouldn't have to look too hard. Hope you are enjoying your time and not working too hard.

I really don't want the AD's but I have all my family telling me I won't stay like this forever but who are they to tell me that? They're not medical experts.
I wish they'd stop being so negative and just see how it goes.

I do put in a lot of time to my player reviews, I've seen that Snoop Dog hasn't been doing them lately and i'm trying my best to fill in his amazingly huge footsteps that he's left. I know some people won't necessarily agree with my opinions sometimes, but I'm not trying to please people, I'm just trying to add a balanced discussion to the board.

I was 9 turning 10 when he died, I was 8 when we were going through family court.

It did affect her so much, they broke up 2 years beforehand and went through family court, and then when Dad realized he couldn't win he killed himself for whatever reason that the drugs made him think was so bad.

My mum has even admitted she was a changed person after his death, and would have turned out a lot more calm if it didn't happen.

Reading What happened to your Dad. I can see why you are Super Anti-Drugs.

Sounds like your Mum would also need some help from what Happened and It also her Change effected your Life.

I spent 3 hours tonight setting up a new modem router to no avail, it kept telling me it couldn't connect to the internet.
After 3 grueling hours I realize my aunty wrote our telstra password on the paper i was copying it from in all capitals and i've written it into the router as such, however the actual password is all lowercase.

Such a stupid thing to do my head in for 3 hours and a good test of my patience >_<
Sorry, but it is funny. Has happened to me too when I set up my 'older' brother's modem.
When I asked him why, he said so that he read it without his glasses. LOL

I spent 3 hours tonight setting up a new modem router to no avail, it kept telling me it couldn't connect to the internet.
After 3 grueling hours I realize my aunty wrote our telstra password on the paper i was copying it from in all capitals and i've written it into the router as such, however the actual password is all lowercase.

Such a stupid thing to do my head in for 3 hours and a good test of my patience >_<

I think this happens to just about everybody when they're trying to set up something new that's internet related.

It drives me crazy too.

Don’t Worry that can be easily done by Anyone. Forget something that small that long

I find it funny now, but while I was er, 'troubleshooting' I was saying to myself that the issue will probably be something stupid and i'll probably have overlooked it 1000 times.

I was right :(

That is the Case for Many Troubleshooting Things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever invented the concept of 'case sensitive' is evil :(
Whenever I've had to set up internet when I've moved house, it has been an absolute 'mare! They have to make it so difficult! Last time I was offline for 3 weeks, went crazy! Get home from work, just twiddle my thumbs. Quite sad actually haha.

Also on topic tempest...this thread has been open for over a year mate. You're smashing it! Keep it up bud :)

Also found in: Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tem·pest
(tĕm′pĭst)
n.
1. A violent windstorm, frequently accompanied by rain, snow, or hail.

I'm doing ok guys, but i'm not coming back to bigfooty.

This will be my last post and i'll have this thread deleted when 'Tempest' is unbanned.

Catch ya all on the other side.

Why? Don’t let a Ban make you Hate BigFooty. I been Banned quite a Few Times.

We want to know how you are going.

I've deleted all my posts in this thread because I'm no longer able/willing to share my story with the people of this forum.

Thanks for the ride and all of the people that have offered their help and support, you guys know who you are, I don't need to name names.
You are all very great people.

I've deleted all my posts in this thread because I'm no longer able/willing to share my story with the people of this forum.

Thanks for the ride and all of the people that have offered their help and support, you guys know who you are, I don't need to name names.
Fair enough mate.

I have posted some personal things about myself on this forum and do understand the apprehension and the possible regret that comes with it.

I hope you've at least reported the posters in question.

Hope all will be well for you and your luck turns around soon

I too am struggling with the constant battle that is life and can empathise very much with your struggles.

Stay strong.

WHY? - What Happened mate?

Was some Prick having a Go at you Mate?

Fair enough mate.

I have posted some personal things about myself on this forum and do understand the apprehension and the possible regret that comes with it.

I hope you've at least reported the posters in question.

Hope all will be well for you and your luck turns around soon

I too am struggling with the constant battle that is life and can empathise very much with your struggles.

Stay strong.

Not saying why Bit I have found this week I been more Anxious then I have been for some time.

Hopefully Footy can fix that up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back