I Don't Even Know the Rules Anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

They definitely got the rub of the green tonight..........but it was the game our lads needed, this game will kick start them now. We should be proud the way our lads played tonight. 1 man down within the first 3 minutes of the game and the pace was frantic the way we played again we should be proud.

Last edited:

We got smashed by the umps. You know it, I know it and every neutral on the main board picked up on it too.

However there's no use crying over split milk. It's shitty, but that's the way it is.

I was at the match with a Collingwood supporter and he could not understand how come a forward can grab the defender. For example Scott Thompson getting held by Schulz but the second Thompson lays a hand on him it's a free kick. It's completely screwed. Holding the ball is even worse than last year.

How much illegal disposal did they get away with in the back half? Under 2 mins to go we wrapped them up 10 metres out from goal..port players throws it to teammate in front of the umps and nothing....I lost the plot after that.
agreed. happened all game. Gray and wingard spinning and throwing non-stop

Don't even know where to start.

The Scotty Thompson stuff was terrible as it resulted in goals and in a close game that's the difference right there however I would just like to point out the Robbie Nahass holding the ball decision. Great chase to run him down but was a tackle actually laid? Watch the replay and someone tell me what the free kick was for? The umpire can't reward effort.

Nahass was actually held without the ball right in front of goal towards the end there and nothing.
Now back to Scotty Thompson. Is Shultz allowed to hold his jumper? How can the umpire not see he is getting sucked in?

The umpiring was atrocious.

I reckon the umpiring system should be overhauled to the NAB Cub system a few years ago when a boundary umpire could make onfield calls.

More eyes on the contest equals less of the bullshit that happened tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgusting umpiring.

You expect a few dubious ones each way, but this is one occasion where I believe the ineptitude of the umpires changed the outcome of the game.

The umpiring tonight was woeful.

Don't even know where to start.

The Scotty Thompson stuff was terrible as it resulted in goals and in a close game that's the difference right there however I would just like to point out the Robbie Nahass holding the ball decision. Great chase to run him down but was a tackle actually laid? Watch the replay and someone tell me what the free kick was for? The umpire can't reward effort.

Nahass was actually held without the ball right in front of goal towards the end there and nothing.
Now back to Scotty Thompson. Is Shultz allowed to hold his jumper? How can the umpire not see he is getting sucked in?

The umpiring was atrocious.

The umpire couldn't see because he was guessing. No 16 umpire should be sent to the bush and No 4 was nearly as bad.

25 meter run without bounce into open goal is cool apparently

Umpiring was woeful, but given it isn't something we can control we should not let it be a decisive factor.

Wingard playing on from beyond the goal line. For *s sake, he used the behind post to swing himself back into play.

Thompson being held by Schultz.

Holding the ball / incorrect disposal chook raffle.

Urgh. This really sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back