I know it's evil, but...

My vote goes to the Langford boundary goal. Mainly because of the "no f**kin way" look on some of the faces...

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Reminds me of one of my many many favourite parts of the '08 GF. Of the telecast anyway. After an undersized 3rd string forward and a fat retiree beat the cream of the illustrious Cat backline to goal, the camera pans from the Hawk fans going out of their minds, across to the utterly disbelieving, disconsolate Cat section, absolute GOLD! Cracks me up every single time I see it (probably well into the hundreds now).

Can be seen here, at around 2.35:

I also love the one lone Hawk fanatic, waving his flag in the middle of that long faced lot....

Hawks13

Debutant
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
I prefer this one

http://imgur.com/IWB4oVE

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Aeon05

All Australian
Mar 21, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Reminds me of one of my many many favourite parts of the '08 GF. Of the telecast anyway. After an undersized 3rd string forward and a fat retiree beat the cream of the illustrious Cat backline to goal, the camera pans from the Hawk fans going out of their minds, across to the utterly disbelieving, disconsolate Cat section, absolute GOLD! Cracks me up every single time I see it (probably well into the hundreds now).

I also love the one lone Hawk fanatic, waving his flag in the middle of that long faced lot....

I love Dew for what he did for the club that day, simply amazing

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I always preferred this...

For years I thought it was Lunch Lady Doris :)

The one with the clappers that is :)

MC_9

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Geez i love that video.

But it is amazing when you compare that 13/14 team to the 08. Just how much better this current team is, champions on every line.

Geez i love that video.

But it is amazing when you compare that 13/14 team to the 08. Just how much better this current team is, champions on every line.

We are a much better, more rounded team now (just compare what happens with injuries in 2009 & 2014), but there'll always be something about the 2008 season that is just magical. Maybe it comes of having been in the wilderness for so long, but that entire season was just a joy from start to finish.

By contrast, 2013-14 is just being back where we belong.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
We are a much better, more rounded team now (just compare what happens with injuries in 2009 & 2014), but there'll always be something about the 2008 season that is just magical. Maybe it comes of having been in the wilderness for so long, but that entire season was just a joy from start to finish.

By contrast, 2013-14 is just being back where we belong.
Agreed, I keep coming back to the vids of '08. That period of starvation leading up to it is a major factor as to what makes it so special. And the game itself is just so chock-full of iconic Hawk moments, at this stage I'd say more so than the last two years. From Changa's running goal, to Young's boomer, to an 18yo, first year Cyril beating 3 bigger, stronger, more experienced Cats on the wing, to Cyril's rove off Buddy and Scarlett, to the aforementioned 3rd forward and fat retiree beating 3-4 Cat backs through sheer will and determination, to Dew's 50 metre bomb after we worried Taylor out of it, to Buddy slapping Scarlett aside with one hand and delivering to Dew to goal from a sharp angle..........

And yep, agree that '13 and '14 is just back to 'business as usual'. Still utterly magnificent though, of course!

And yep, agree that '13 and '14 is just back to 'business as usual'. Still utterly magnificent though, of course!

Not that we'll ever complain;)

Langford from the boundary in the 3rd. He is just standing their with his arms raised right in front of them. I've watched every sad face in slow mo of that goal because I can. :)

You Win!

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 9.01.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 9.02.53 AM.png

+5 Swan onlookers. That's right, 5, nearly a 1/3 of the Swans players on the ground.

kimbopen

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2005
gc_26=geelong choke by 26
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Agreed, I keep coming back to the vids of '08. That period of starvation leading up to it is a major factor as to what makes it so special. And the game itself is just so chock-full of iconic Hawk moments, at this stage I'd say more so than the last two years. From Changa's running goal, to Young's boomer, to an 18yo, first year Cyril beating 3 bigger, stronger, more experienced Cats on the wing, to Cyril's rove off Buddy and Scarlett, to the aforementioned 3rd forward and fat retiree beating 3-4 Cat backs through sheer will and determination, to Dew's 50 metre bomb after we worried Taylor out of it, to Buddy slapping Scarlett aside with one hand and delivering to Dew to goal from a sharp angle..........

Since Harry Taylor shat himself in that 3rd quarter of the '08 GF, I've called him "Footsteps". Coz it certainly looked like he was s**t scared of something or someone behind him when he fumbled that ball ...

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Since Harry Taylor shat himself in that 3rd quarter of the '08 GF, I've called him "Footsteps". Coz it certainly looked like he was s**t scared of something or someone behind him when he fumbled that ball ...
I think Rough's pressure while the ball was in flight was the start of it.

Great thread but the title doesn't go hard enough imo.....:D

My tip will be the Hodge intercept and goal.

I was thinking something with "OK Computer" in it

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood

Not sure about that. It's easy to say he shat himself, and for humour sake I've said it myself, but I honestly think he looked downfield went to kick and decided it wasn't a good option so he pulled his kick. Unfortunately for him, he dropped the ball in the act of kicking and it bounced away from him. Certainly he was in two minds, and we capitalized on the error.

Back