I know it's evil, but...

Remove this Banner Ad

I said this year. It's still 2014 isn't it? Season might be over, but the calendar hasn't ticked over into November...

Aahhh sorry. Makes more sense

Why is their some Geelong flog in here now ruining our perfectly fine gloating thread?

Gee they really have taken it badly that Hawks have overtaken them as the most successful era 07-14

The Hawks fans were very bad losers after the 2012 final and equally bad winners, if not worse after 2014. I think it's pretty disgraceful that every time you guys win a premiership, you turn on worse than West Coast or Collingwood.

Every once in a while, a post emerges that truly earns the...
temper-tantrum.jpg

Aahhh sorry. Makes more sense

Why is their some Geelong flog in here now ruining our perfectly fine gloating thread?

Gee they really have taken it badly that Hawks have overtaken them as the most successful era 07-14
Well, they made 4 gfs winning 3 of them over 5 seasons. Hawks have made 3 in a row, but a 4 year gap since 2008. Geelong were the dominant team from 2007-2011 whilst Hawks have been since 2012-2014. Since 07-14, the gf appearances are 4 each, wins are 3 each.

If you're going to sprout that Hawthorn poor loser, bad winner s**t, you find short shrift...

Some probably were, or are, some aren't. Like every single club. Every club.

Personally, I don't think this is the place to air biased anti-Hawthorn stereotypes...

If you're going to sprout that Hawthorn poor loser, bad winner s**t, you find short shrift...

Some probably were, or are, some aren't. Like every single club. Every club.

Personally, I don't think this is the place to air biased anti-Hawthorn stereotypes...
I think you're mistaking poor behavior with anti-team bias. Sure, I didn't like losing to Hawthorn (less than WCE, hated hated that) in any game, but I don't hate the club, just find that the passionate supporters can be twats :) Just like the crow eaters and toothless magpies.

And you don't think it has something to do with us recruiting Tippet and Franklin in successive seasons? Most people hate us because of that, not because of assumed insufferable bunch of sillies.
And given franklin came from us you don't think a significant hatred from our fan base is deserved?

Very funny, mate.

The Swans wanted the COLA gone, yet they have structured contracts around it, so much so that they are unable to give it up immediately so that they could trade!

They really tried hard to get rid of their 9.8% advantage!
I think by board he meant their bigfooty board not executive club board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think you have a better shot in 2015 than 2014? Lol

$wans a poor losers and poor winners. The only team I have ever given s**t to after a GF win by the Hawks is the $wans (but it doesn't really count because they are just an AFL owned franchise).
Re read the post, to me he was saying 2014 was their best shot.

Hawks fans this year were easily worse than Eagles fans in '06, and they were out right campaignery. I wanted the Hawks to win in 2008, but the teams' and fans' attitude after the win was horrendous.

Difference between confidence and cocky. We were confident we could win, why not? Finished 1st, creamed North in the run up and had a fit list with no injury concerns. On the flip side, Hawks looked shaky and fell over the line thanks to some horrendous last minute umpiring, by that guy who made it into the GF. It's the behavior on the forums is where you guys let yourselves down afterwards. You made the reasonable hawk fans seem like angels while most Hawks fans here looked like out right twats.

No offence, but you can hardly claim innocence in this matter, neither can I, but I'm mature enough to admit I was wrong, but are any of you?

Yeah....No offence!

FWIW, your team was gifted a top 2 finishing position via your handicapped fixture....Also, wouldn't be mentioning umpiring as a factor if I were you given you blokes were gifted the game against Fremantle in the worst one-sided umpiring performance witnessed in a very long time!

Well, they made 4 gfs winning 3 of them over 5 seasons. Hawks have made 3 in a row, but a 4 year gap since 2008. Geelong were the dominant team from 2007-2011 whilst Hawks have been since 2012-2014. Since 07-14, the gf appearances are 4 each, wins are 3 each.
Yeah, but they never had what we have to the right of our team name just below our avatar.

Yeah, but they never had what we have to the right of our team name just below our avatar.
Yes, true. Back to back is very hard. Swans missed out by a point, Cats by 20-30. What was it... Melbourne in the 50s, Richmond or Carlton in the 70s? Hawks in the 80s, Radelaide in the 90s, Brisbane in the naughties and Hawks in the onesies.

Yes, true. Back to back is very hard. Swans missed out by a point, Cats by 20-30. What was it... Melbourne in the 50s, Richmond or Carlton in the 70s? Hawks in the 80s, Radelaide in the 90s, Brisbane in the naughties and Hawks in the onesies.

Yeah, mate, one point: the scorer was offside but the ref missed it!

Sydney won a Bradbury premiership in 2012, and now every Swans fan is a f***ing AFL expert.

:rolleyes:

Sydney won a Bradbury premiership in 2012, and now every Swans fan is a f***ing AFL expert.

He's referring to 2006. Though, I'd argue it should be 2 points. 1 point more makes it a draw and a rematch, where anything can happen.

What the * are you talking about?
He's referring to 2006. Though, I'd argue it should be 2 points. 1 point more makes it a draw and a rematch, where anything can happen.
Thank you :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back