I like Brendan McCartney

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of crap......lol

Don't think u understand the amount of supporters calling for his head, he is a great development coach but not a senior coaches araehole

You are supporting the idea that the club has badly misread the situation (yes I know that sounds obvious). But I am not personally a fan of the supporters or the players calling the shots on a coaches fate.

You are supporting the idea that the club has badly misread the situation (yes I know that sounds obvious). But I am not personally a fan of the supporters or the players calling the shots on a coaches fate.
I'm saying its crap we have a drug problem....

They Situation was poorly dealt with I agree....but freo supporters can't bag our club after what the freo board did a few years ago..

In the end I feel both club did the right thing in the end

I'm saying its crap we have a drug problem....

They Situation was poorly dealt with I agree....but freo supporters can't bag our club after what the freo board did a few years ago..

In the end I feel both club did the right thing in the end

Not really bagging your club, just making the observation that it makes it a fairly unattractive gig for a rookie coach.

I assume you are referring to our moves on Lyon, which I have always applauded the club for doing as it showed vision, courage and a determination to improve. Yes Harvey copped it in the neck, but thems the breaks in the tuff world of professional sport.

Will Minson says some nasty, homophobic stuff about a young team mate.
Koby Stevens, (not the victim), took it personally and gave dickhead Will a flogging...yep, it's true.
Senior players complain to BMc, who has already put them offside by telling them to grow up and commit, including the skipper.
BMc tells them again to grow up, buy in or piss off.
Younger players are firmly behind BMc.
Senior players piss and moan to the board.
Board initially backs BMc.
Griffen cracks the shits.
BMc boned.
End of story.

Get him to Freo stat.

Koby Stevens, (not the victim), took it personally and gave dickhead Will a flogging...yep, it's true.
Senior players complain to BMc, who has already put them offside by telling them to grow up and commit, including the skipper.
BMc boned.
End of story.

Get him to Freo stat.

Source?

BMc boned.
End of story.

Get him to Freo stat.
He still is a useless match day tactician .....great developer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they weren't in 2012 and 2013

And the group showed some promise as a whole.
You can't judge his tactical nouse from then though, as he was in the process of a re-build and playing babies.
Regardless, I am not advocating anything other than approaching him for a position with freo.

I do, however, hold great sympathy with how he was treated and believe that your club has set irself back a decade in development.

So is Minson getting delisted? That kind of behaviour is what kills a club.
Sure, the coach may not have handled it properly, but he's the root cause, if what has been written here is correct.

So is Minson getting delisted? That kind of behaviour is what kills a club.
Sure, the coach may not have handled it properly, but he's the root cause, if what has been written here is correct.

Doubt it.
This whole culture of senior players goes back to when Akermanis played for them and highlighted it.

And we all know how he was dragged through the coals for speaking up.

BMc boned.
End of story.

Get him to Freo stat.

If true, BOY OH BOY WOWWWEEEEEE.

If true, BOY OH BOY WOWWWEEEEEE.

I'm hardly going to go the trouble of making it up:)

From BF

This is what I've pieced together from more than one source, so there will be some parts that may not be 100% accurate and I'm sure I don't have the complete story. And... I know that I'm going to be ridiculed for posting this on here, especially by those who want the Coach gone. They are going to call bullshit, but here goes:

There has been a rift between the younger players and some of the middle and senior players. Several months ago there was a physical confrontation involved and a bit of verbal stuff that no-one should be proud of. The older players involved went to the coach wanting him to intervene and to back the older guys. Macca didn't back either side and wanted the senior players to show some maturity and leadership and sort it out. That didn't work out well and it resulted in Griffen, on behalf of the older guys (excluding Murphy and Morris), going to the President (or maybe the whole Board) to demand they deal with the situation and pull Macca into line. I don't believe they asked for him to be sacked, but they may have. There are other issues which have been festering between the younger guys and some of the older players which I don't know too much about and so won't speculate on other than to say that Griffen's Captaincy and the big mouth of at least one of the older players have been issues.

So the club is having a changing of the guard within the playing group that has not gone well at all and has been mismanaged by all concerned, but in my mind particularly by the older guys, who have well and truly over-played their hand.

I can confirm this is also the jist of information i have been holding on to for some time. confirmed from 2 high up sources at two tial clubs. Should Macca be sacked, i would not be very certain as to our future, as the youth would then be very angry. they have bought in and see a hand full of older boys as holding us back.
The situation at the club is not waht many think, Macca is not the bad guy here, even if the anti-macca don't watn to hear it, it is the truth.

Like i said, the rest was fleshed out elsewhere by some "informed" people.

It's true.

He should be gone. Cut him loose. Maybe a more desperate club than the Bullies could pick him up.

From what i know, it goes a fair bit deeper than just Minson.
The gap between the playing group is vast and the only two senior players to stick with BMc were Bob Murphy and Morris.
A total cleanout of senior players to remove the cancer seems to be the only way forward, but that would gut the club for the foreseeable future. And yes, there is also the claim of an insidious drug culture, (more than most clubs), that has been conveniently ignored for years, but I am not so certain of that.
A shithouse position for their supporters and especially their young players, who I personally rate very highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back