freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Team structures? Kick it to Boydy. There's your team structure.

haha - but I remember before the demolition Derby with Damien Drum as coach "Clive" suggested a similar structure - just get the ball to me and I will do the rest!

Legend has it that the team did and he did.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gone to Melbourne as an assistant apparently

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-rival-afl-clubs/story-fniv64vs-1227109306612

Perhaps I'm getting paranoid but is The Sunday Times out to destabilise Freo this weekend? They've run an article on our free agency targets (Sandi, Duff, Johnno) all being courted and then this article has us potentially losing half our coaching staff in Simon Lloyd and Sumich.

To top it off, they interview Nesbitt and he's sprouting that Sumich is the 'best coach that is not coaching'.
So Trev, why didn't you appoint him??

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-rival-afl-clubs/story-fniv64vs-1227109306612

Perhaps I'm getting paranoid but is The Sunday Times out to destabilise Freo this weekend? They've run an article on our free agency targets (Sandi, Duff, Johnno) all being courted and then this article has us potentially losing half our coaching staff in Simon Lloyd and Sumich.

To top it off, they interview Nesbitt and he's sprouting that Sumich is the 'best coach that is not coaching'.

Would much rather have people at the club who other clubs want to poach than having people at the club nobody rates.We need to be ready for Sandilands to no longer be at the club, and we pretty much are. If we lose Duffield then we can cover that. MJ is a longshot to leave, though who knows what offers may come his way.

Sumich out, another assistant in. They are playing to Ross's gameplan. One of the things that has always disturbed me about Sumich is that with us as with WC there have been problems in the forward line, and not many solutions coming up. I also do not think that it is just about a lack of emerging KPFs. Regardless, clubs have to expect people like Sumich are temporary.

Lloyd out.... player development is a critical area, and I would hope we can find an excellent replacement. BMac would have been terrific.

Agenfrida

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
Parts unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle

LOL they're running FA on Sandi? The guy who's going to be taking it one year at a time from now on? On Johnno who is how old? And a WA boy. Same for Duffield? I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
LOL they're running FA on Sandi? The guy who's going to be taking it one year at a time from now on? On Johnno who is how old? And a WA boy. Same for Duffield? I wouldn't worry too much about it.
And we would probably get reasonable compensation for them as well.....

Freo88

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2011
Up North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Stars & Fulham-the other FFC
And we would probably get reasonable compensation for them as well.....
Not sure about that. Carlton got nothing for Waite because of his age.

Compo is based on contract length and size. Would get very little if anything in compo if those guys left via FA.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm saying its crap we have a drug problem....

They Situation was poorly dealt with I agree....but freo supporters can't bag our club after what the freo board did a few years ago..

In the end I feel both club did the right thing in the end

Well that just proves the drug thing...what are you smoking if you think sacking McCartney was anything other than stupid...

Back