Toast I love Bob Murphy - 300th game celebration edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to start a thread "I love Bob Murphy's right nut" but this'll do.

He knocked back at least one big offer to play elsewhere. Encapsulates the Bulldog spirit.
Has always been a top bloke and an A-grader but with the captaincy this year he's really having a standout season, taking all before him.

Going balls-out, you could say.

worship.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that struck me after I watched 360 last night was that after a little gentle prodding, Bob talked about his greatest attribute as a captain being that of empathy not any of the usual empty ra-ra buzz words like leadership that invariably get trotted out by an incoming captain. It immediately took me back to very warm Thursday morning this past pre-season when I was able to attend a training season where Bob, Crammeri, Wallis and Grant were doing repeated 100 metre sprints after the main group had left the field for the morning. The thing that stood out in my mind at the time and its something that noted on here at the time, was how much time Bob spent talking with Grant one on one as he struggled in the aftermath of what was without doubt a very gruelling session. Like very few others in this game is Bob.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back