Club Legend
GWS Giants Team Board Tipping A Star Wars Fan
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
We got badly mauled by the dogs yesterday and yet their great white hope had his normal low standard game. I would have thought in a game that the dogs were so dominant in Boyd would have had more impact. He is gonna need to be better fast or that big paycheck is going to stink up the kennel and the crap Tom Scully copped is going look like a Sunday School sermon.

DogsAreBarking

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Malmö RedHawks
We got badly mauled by the dogs yesterday and yet their great white hope had his normal low standard game. I would have thought in a game that the dogs were so dominant in Boyd would have had more impact. He is gonna need to be better fast or that big paycheck is going to stink up the kennel and the crap Tom Scully copped is going look like a Sunday School sermon.
As many have already said, and will probably have to say again, he's a 19 year old prospect not even half a season in at a new club, and he's doing exactly what the club is asking of him. Move on.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
As many have already said, and will probably have to say again, he's a 19 year old prospect not even half a season in at a new club, and he's doing exactly what the club is asking of him. Move on.
LOL. Move along? Just like Doggie supporters are moving on about Griff? Muppet factor = off the scale.

DogsAreBarking

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Malmö RedHawks
LOL. Move along? Just like Doggie supporters are moving on about Griff? Muppet factor = off the scale.
I haven't posted one word about Griff since the trade but you call me a muppet because other people have? Quality post, keep up the good work.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I haven't posted one word about Griff since the trade but you call me a muppet because other people have? Quality post, keep up the good work.
Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were an innocent in all this :rolleyes: Do think you can find your way back to the doggies board? Oh, and take your glass jaw with you.

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
He is a number 1 draft pick on a HUGE money deal if the dogs are expecting SFA from him then fair enough. He will get some leeway for being a KPP that needs time to settle in but so far both here and at the kennel he has shown donuts. Check out some of the poision Tom Scully has received for doing EXACTLY what Boyd has done i.e. moving to a club for $$$. He aint gonna get a free ride for long and certainly not on this board.

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
When we start paying the big bucks from 2016 he will be a star. I thought GWS effort was terrible.
Agree we were terrible, it happens as you know. I hope he does become a star for you, he needs to. It doesnt matter when you pay the big bucks the fact is you have to pay them whether he turns out to be a spud or not. At the moment spud is winning.

Drezdyn

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
All Northern alliance teams
We really should congratulate the dogs on their emphatic win. They played like a superstar team, whilst we played like crap.

This is further accentuated by the fact that Tom Boyd did FA in that match (except a goal maybe... big whoop).... Even Corr was able to "Contain" him.

So congratulations WB, you managed to thrash us without Stringer, Crameri and Boyd (despite the fact that he actually was on the field).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was terrible. No one arguing that.
What we are saying is the great hope is flat. uou pummle griff yet he isnt being paid by us yet.
All up right now we are ahead in this trade and i dont think itll change.

"griff yet he isnt being paid by us yet"

Yeah agree with you 100% Griffen played like he was playing for the team that is paying him. May be he has a conscience after all.

I can understand why you do not like Boyd as he walked out on you guys but it nowhere as bad as what Captain Griffen did to us . The dogs bent over backwards to help him when he had a sick father an I can remember him saying our grateful he was for the support.

What I find strange is that you guys are bagging Boyd's ability where we think he is going great for a 200 cm 19 year old. The balls that he getting his hands on is first rate another pre season with more body strength he will be marking a lot of those and we be looking at 50 plus goals.

Anyway, I will go back to the dogs board I am sure you have had enough of me. Good luck for the rest of season that incudes Leon and Wardy but not Captain Deserter.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
"griff yet he isnt being paid by us yet"

Yeah agree with you 100% Griffen played like he was playing for the team that is paying him. May be he has a conscience after all.

I can understand why you do not like Boyd as he walked out on you guys but it nowhere as bad as what Captain Griffen did to us . The dogs bent over backwards to help him when he had a sick father an I can remember him saying our grateful he was for the support.

What I find strange is that you guys are bagging Boyd's ability where we think he is going great for a 200 cm 19 year old. The balls that he getting his hands on is first rate another pre season with more body strength he will be marking a lot of those and we be looking at 50 plus goals.

Anyway, I will go back to the dogs board I am sure you have had enough of me. Good luck for the rest of season that incudes Leon and Wardy but not Captain Deserter.

Seems like you guys are now booing Ward when in the past couple of years you haven't been, its as if his been caught in the backwash of the Griffen/Boyd drama.

Last edited:

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Is it just me or are you guys now booing Ward when in the past couple of years you haven't been, its as if his been caught in the backwash of the Griffen/Boyd drama.

Yep. Never booed Ward before. Copped it heaps every time he went near it yesterday. Four years on and the fans are suddenly upset.

Quite pathetic actually. Matches their club.

DogsAreBarking

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Malmö RedHawks
Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were an innocent in all this :rolleyes: Do think you can find your way back to the doggies board? Oh, and take your glass jaw with you.
So first you label me a muppet because of views that other posters have expressed, and now I'm not innocent in any of it and I have a glass jaw because I pointed out that you had no basis to have a go at me? One of us is being a tad too sensitive, and it's not me.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Seems like you guys are now booing Ward when in the past couple of years you haven't been, its as if his been caught in the backwash of the Griffen/Boyd drama.
For what it's worth, Cal hadn't played in Melbourne against the Dogs before last night. I didn't boo him, because I can't begrudge a 21 year old kid for taking the offer of a lifetime knowing how short careers can be in this game.

But yeah, he was probably just collateral after what Griff did, really. Opened up old wounds.

Apologies on behalf of our board for all the trolling that has gone on, by the way. I loathe GWS as much as the next Dogs fan but it's cringeworthy.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tom will kick 30-40 goals this year for us, but measuring his performance by goals kicked is simplistic. He is the focal point for almost every long target entry into the F50 and we must kick 4 or 5 goals a game directly from crumbing his contests. We havent had a long target we could kick to with confidence for a long time and its paying big dividends.

Media commentators love their superficial headlines, but even at this stage, the dogs are benefiting more from the presence of Boyd than they are from the absence of Griffen. Boyd is crucial to the game plan - Grif would have been a handy bonus to a midfield that is going just fine without him.

InSpectre

Debutant
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Tom will kick 30-40 goals this year for us, but measuring his performance by goals kicked is simplistic. He is the focal point for almost every long target entry into the F50 and we must kick 4 or 5 goals a game directly from crumbing his contests. We havent had a long target we could kick to with confidence for a long time and its paying big dividends.

Media commentators love their superficial headlines, but even at this stage, the dogs are benefiting more from the presence of Boyd than they are from the absence of Griffen. Boyd is crucial to the game plan - Grif would have been a handy bonus to a midfield that is going just fine without him.

I don't disagree with you, but I also think that the giants are benefiting more from the presence of Griffen than suffering as a result of the absence of Boyd, this week's performance notwithstanding. A true win win trade at this stage.

DogsAreBarking

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Malmö RedHawks
Wow, Footscray fans really are the biggest whingers going around. And, some of them are pretty dumb too. I guess they'll be back next time we play them.
Now it's generalisation and ad hominem in place of factual discussion. I'm happy to keep waiting for you to find something worthwhile to add to the conversation. To give you another run at it, my point was Boyd is doing the job that he's being asked to do.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Now it's generalisation and ad hominem in place of factual discussion. I'm happy to keep waiting for you to find something worthwhile to add to the conversation. To give you another run at it, my point was Boyd is doing the job that he's being asked to do.
I'll have have another run at it...you are a muppet. Now go home puppy.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't disagree with you, but I also think that the giants are benefiting more from the presence of Griffen than suffering as a result of the absence of Boyd, this week's performance notwithstanding. A true win win trade at this stage.

You guys have an abundance of tall forwards, so yeah. But I wouldnt have thought a mid was what you really required either, unless it was an inside warrior to get the ball out to your silky quick runners. Would have thought you would be more interested in a commanding CHB type of player, or maybe an electric small forward wizard, just to round out your list.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
You guys have an abundance of tall forwards, so yeah. But I wouldnt have thought a mid was what you really required either, unless it was an inside warrior to get the ball out to your silky quick runners. Would have thought you would be more interested in a commanding CHB type of player, or maybe an electric small forward wizard, just to round out your list.
well you dont know enough about the list then. The midfield is all made up of 20-22 year olds.... the older body and experience is invaluable. We have the things you mentioned already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back