Tom Boyd thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, the way some afl fans treat players leaving is approaching ridiculous.

They treat it as if they've been cheated on by an ex-girlfriend.

So if we want to carry this metaphor forward, let's see what sorts of Wives/girlfriends both Ryan Griffen and Tom Boyd are analogous to.

Ryan Griffen = Nicole Kidman

MTIwNjA4NjMzODY5NTM0NzMy.jpg

Spent years trying to convince the rest of the world that everything was blissful in paradise, however it eventually hit the tipping point and all broke down. Her spouse was just to weird to maintain a proper relationship. Leaves with custody of the kids and years of alimony.

Tom Boyd = Anna Nicole Smith

anna_nicole240.jpg

Sends everyone gaga with very large "assets", but turn out to be fake. Gold-digger nature eventually manifests itself and runs off to chase the $$$$$.

Seriously, the way some afl fans treat players leaving is approaching ridiculous.

They treat it as if they've been cheated on by an ex-girlfriend.

So if we want to carry this metaphor forward, let's see what sorts of Wives/girlfriends both Ryan Griffen and Tom Boyd are analogous to.

Ryan Griffen = Nicole Kidman

MTIwNjA4NjMzODY5NTM0NzMy.jpg

Spent years trying to convince the rest of the world that everything was blissful in paradise, however it eventually hit the tipping point and all broke down. Her spouse was just to weird to maintain a proper relationship. Leaves with custody of the kids and years of alimony.

Tom Boyd = Anna Nicole Smith

anna_nicole240.jpg

Sends everyone gaga with very large "assets", but turn out to be fake. Gold-digger nature eventually manifests itself and runs off to chase the $$$$$.

Trying to find something witty to retort with but that's a pretty good post!

.i can tell a few in this thread just look at stats and do not actually watch games.....oh well we are very happy with him

And can u please answer why your club would put 10kgs on a kid in his 1st year? Don't understand the logic

.i can tell a few in this thread just look at stats and do not actually watch games.....oh well we are very happy with him

And can u please answer why your club would put 10kgs on a kid in his 1st year? Don't understand the logic

Like he said.... he missed his Mummy's cooking. So I guess he was binge eating at Maccas

He probably put that on at KFC

He was missing being on the teet.

Anyway problem solved, we're all better for it!

Some things are difficult to explain...... eg why would you send a kid out to run around with a busted knee? why would you touch an umpire?

In all seriousness u guys are happy with Tom Boyd because you have to be. The last thing you are going to do is rag on a player you gave so much for after 8 games. Your club needs the hope he provides for the future. The reality is we probably won't know how good he is for another two years. That said....Jeremy Cameron was on his way to an All Australian selection at the same stage of his career.

Some things are difficult to explain...... eg why would you send a kid out to run around with a busted knee? why would you touch an umpire?

In all seriousness u guys are happy with Tom Boyd because you have to be. The last thing you are going to do is rag on a player you gave so much for after 8 games. Your club needs the hope he provides for the future. The reality is we probably won't know how good he is for another two years. That said....Jeremy Cameron was on his way to an All Australian selection at the same stage of his career.

The Tom Boyd move has a bit of Stale Dale about him.

He was listed pre-draft at 102-103 and by the Giants at 104. Boyd's still listed at 104 and says he dropped 3kg, so at most he put on 4-5kg (to 107).

I don't think he would've been playing at 112-113 but could likely have been playing 'heavy' i.e. big coming in off just one preseason. Jon Patton for example has hovered around the same weight but actually put on around 3kg while trimming down physically during his first ACL rehab by virtue of shedding some fat and building muscle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different types of players to be honest.....

He was listed pre-draft at 102-103 and by the Giants at 104. Boyd's still listed at 104 and says he dropped 3kg, so at most he put on 4-5kg (to 107).

I don't think he would've been playing at 112-113 but could likely have been playing 'heavy' i.e. big coming in off just one preseason. Jon Patton for example has hovered around the same weight but actually put on around 3kg while trimming down physically during his first ACL rehab by virtue of shedding some fat and building muscle.
Weighed110kg when he arrived at the club

Were any Dogs fans aware that Leon Cameron also came from their club? Did they boo him when he walked on the field too?

He didn't cornhole our club and he never did the dash for cash. Cameron is absolutely welcome back whenever he is ready and was one of our assistant coaches previously - did a pretty good job. The boos you hear come from a supporter base that has years of emotion and history invested in the game. Grandparents. Parents. Kids. All following the same club through the decades. You'll all understand a similar level of passion in about another 100 years.

He didn't cornhole our club and he never did the dash for cash. Cameron is absolutely welcome back whenever he is ready and was one of our assistant coaches previously - did a pretty good job. The boos you hear come from a supporter base that has years of emotion and history invested in the game. Grandparents. Parents. Kids. All following the same club through the decades. You'll all understand a similar level of passion in about another 100 years.
Thought it was just crocodile tears and temper tantrums

You'll all understand a similar level of passion in about another 100 years.

Womble54 you mad scientist, have you come up with another incredible anti-ageing invention??

I look forward to being a part of that passionate booing group when I'm 139 and having this lot by my side waving their walking sticks!!

By then we might even be as toothless as the current Bulldogs Cheer Squad!!

Where is the proof of this other than just some dick behind a computer pretending to be an 'insider'.

Look up Petracca's weight during U/18's and you'll get an idea of how stupid you appear to keep posting this same crap all over every board.

Weighed110kg when he arrived at the club

In Boyd's final match for the Giants he was 104kg and was traded on Oct 15 and on Oct 22 had his appendix removed and while all the other 1st -4th doggies started there preseason on the 5th Nov, he didn't get started until mid November. So if he was indeed 110kg when he rocked up at the club it was mixture of recovering from getting his appendix removed and his own doing in not pushing himself hard enough in the off season.
And clearly the reason the message of weight gain was put out there was to take pressure off Boyd and give him an excuse for looking so average at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back