Roast The Unofficial Marijuana Discussion (...Depression Thread? What?)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't believe I have pure depression as I can feel all right sometimes, but it's just on the days when I am treated like absolute s**t I feel like garbage and fall into a hole for a few days.
So is that still considered a chemical imbalance?

I didn't realize you were actually a qualified doctor, much respect to you there.

My local GP feels so useless, It's like I really have to find someone decent before I can confess to them.

I have no energy, no drive and no enthusiasm, I can't sleep and I'm only eating once every 10 hours.

Thanks Tempest.

Depression can be black and white sometimes, other times less clear.

Hard for me to diagnose over the net, the take home point is that it's important that you make the first blow and get yourself an appointment to talk to a Dr about it.

You don't sound like you have a close enough relationship with your current GP.

Choices are give your current GP a try - they might surprise you - or find another GP who has an interest in this area and/or comes recommended.

I'm happy to recommend someone if you like.

Over indulging with alcohol will make a twit out of anyone.

Beer is just masking the problem, just like anti depressants. Unfortunately popping a prescribed pill is not seen in the same light as drinking a few beers. And socially unacceptable theses days - unless it's red or white wine :D

But whatever works for the 'individual'.
How many ppl stop at a few beers, were as antidepressants are a measured dose that you slowly increase UNDER SUPERVISION, until the desired outcome is found. Or in the case of me I kept changing until I found one that suited me. I have treid everything before I now gave resorted to being on tabs for the rest of my life. No biggun, its all about the quality, hey?

And how often do you stop at 2 or 3 wines, Im sure you've done things you regret whilst pissed. Antidepressants are not the same as grog, you dont behave like a phucktard, ppl wont even know your are on them, its your prerogative to tell who you like.

Dont get me wrong I still drink, Im an alcaholic, I've had my problem for 35 years. The antidepressants have put me on a different plain tho. I accomplish so much more now and have heaps more energy.

Short story. I used to deliver newspapers on a motorbike, use to drop them off at the local servo. Id see the young guy in there opening up, and think, wonder how hard that would be, Thought no chance in hell. So now I'm the relieving Manager in there, that guy got sacked, I do that same job he did,when my Manager is away. Really helping my confidence.

Antidepressants aren't the only option, your GP will explain all of this.

I remember the first time I went.

I wasn't sure if I had depression, or just being a pussy. I remember waiting in that GP's office, legs shaking, scared that the doctor would just go "ehhh, I don't think you have depression, man the * up".

I mean, what did I have to be depressed about? I had a year 12 methods SAC, and I felt really detached from my friends and lonely. Like, it's not like my parents are dying or whatever. What the * am I being all sad and mopey about? Just need to toughen the * up.

Went in to the GP's office, relayed my problems unconvingly and hesitant, afraid that the GP will just brush me off, and guess what? He did.

He just went, "yeah, I don't think you have depression", but you know what? I put my foot down, deep down I knew I had to talk to someone, because what I was feeling wasn't right, and I don't give a * who or what tells me what I do or don't have, because I'm seeking professional help for it.

At least the bloke was quick to refer me to the local psychologist, and my god, best decision I've ever made tbh. Saved my life.

I am NOT against anti-depressants.

I know several people who are on anti depressants, they laugh and smile throughout the day, but something just aint right with them. But if it works for them, then great.

Booze will help you get through a crowed house when suffering with anxiety. Try going to a busy shopping mall, sit down and watch all the shopper's, you'll then see how anxious many folk really are.
I have also been on anti depressants, I felt high, stoned - great. I've also suffered severe depression and social anxiety.

Something odd though in regards to alcoholism. In my previous employment, i would spend most of the day on the road, driving past cafe's, restaurants and always with people fine dining drinking wine and or beer at lunchtime. Suburb after suburb. Not that I care, just an observation and maybe slightly jealous :)

I have also been on anti depressants, I felt high, stoned - great. I've also suffered severe depression and social anxiety.

Sounds like you had Wrong Tablets if you felt like you where High

I am NOT against anti-depressants.

Something odd though in regards to alcoholism. In my previous employment, i would spend most of the day on the road, driving past cafe's, restaurants and always with people fine dining drinking wine and or beer at lunchtime. Suburb after suburb. Not that I care, just an observation and maybe slightly jealous :)

Alcohol and social anxiety. A common match made in heaven purgatory

Tempest mate if you're still monitoring this thread please believe all is not lost.

I've been down that long, dark tunnel and I know it's horrors but there truly is sunshine at the end.

I'm at the other end of life mate, 60 years young here but about a decade ago I went through a crisis that tore my economic life to shreds and shook the very foundations of my family and my sanity.

It can happen to anyone mate and it's not your fault and you're not weak or wonky for feeling the way you do.

PM me if you need to talk about it, I won't promise you miracles but I will promise you that it can be endured and the sunshine will come again.

Actually I've just come on here to delete my post after reading tempest post on the magpies nest regarding depression. Touching and I'm only half way through it.

I hate both sides of the argument tbh, but really feel for some guys who are genuinely doing it tough. It is a tough world and at times you lose sight of that and I do apologise to those I've offended.
Agree again NT, surprisingly I've just come back from the nest myself AND I was just reading Tempests trials through depression. I've been down that road myself so I totally understand his pain.

I think we are all here for you Tempest. I'm actually ashamed I haven't been here earlier to offer support. Life is tough no matter what road you take and there will always be challenges. You have had to endure more than anyone should in life already and deserve to be rewarded with some good luck.

I've been down the defence road and can honestly say that if you can tolerate the first 10 weeks or so, than you'll have no problems and believe me looking at what you've been through you'll have no issues.

Let us know everything is going ok and if you need to talk about anything we can always help.

Agree again NT, surprisingly I've just come back from the nest myself AND I was just reading Tempests trials through depression. I've been down that road myself so I totally understand his pain.
Im actually pretty worried right now. The kid hasn't been online for nearly a month now...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im actually pretty worried right now. The kid hasn't been online for nearly a month now...
Sh1t Apex worried is the right response to that long an absence in his current circumstances, as I said I've been down that tunnel myself and I know how bleak and barren a place it is but at least I was mature with life experience to draw on and help get me through. Now I'm worried for him.

Sh1t Apex worried is the right response to that long an absence in his current circumstances, as I said I've been down that tunnel myself and I know how bleak and barren a place it is but at least I was mature with life experience to draw on and help get me through. Now I'm worried for him.
Yeah, do the mods have access to the email addresses? 76woodenspooners

if any of you contact him tell him to try the depression drug called ESCITALOPRAM
and also there is a book from Dr Phill, Its called Dr phillip C. Mcgraw self matters creating your life from inside out.
Maybe that will help as i was a teenager watching my dad die in hospital and i went off the rails like partyd and punchd the whole towns bouncers
up and friends got me a book cos im not a person to hurt others.

Actually I've just come on here to delete my post after reading tempest post on the magpies nest regarding depression. Touching and I'm only half way through it.
I hate both sides of the argument tbh, but really feel for some guys who are genuinely doing it tough. It is a tough world and at times you lose sight of that and I do apologise to those I've offended.

I haven't read all this thread, but read this and it redirected me to Magpies Nest, (first time visitor) and to Tempest's posts.
If anyone hears from him, please let us know.
He's one of us doing it tough and going by the responses I'm sure there would be some interest in hearing/helping out if possible.

HI again Tempest I just read a few more of your posts and noticed that you were interested in aviation and IT. I was an Avionics Technician for 12 years in the Air Force working on F/A-18 Hornets and l can honestly say that if you were interested in a career in Defence, I would seriously recommend Avionics in the RAAF.

Like a few have said, Defence isnt for everyone, but it is one hell of an adventure. I've travelled all around the world and one trip to give an example saw myself with around 20 others follow 8 jets from Australia (Newcastle) to Alaska and back visiting Guam, Japan, Wake Island, Midway Island, Hawaii, Kodiak Island, Alaska, San Fran and back again over around 6 weeks. Awesome fun with good friends.

The other benefit of the RAAF is that when you go on operational deployments you're usually held up well outside the area of conflict in air-conditioned tents with all the amenities you can think off. Total respect for our Army and Navy because they do it tough and the tri-services know this through friendly banter but I was in the Middle East during the 2003 conflict eating popcorn and drinking beer in an airconditioned barney tent watching the first bombs drop on Baghdad from US stealth bombers from our operating base.

If you do want to chat about this I'm happy to talk and point you in the right direction.

Hell I'd be happy to chip in with a few dollars, sure others would also, to help with training and courses to help you reach your goal as long as you look at taking some advice from guys like Swoop and have a chat with a GP. I think you could even touch base with an organisation like Beyond Blue http://www.beyondblue.org.au/ to give you some guidance and point you in the right direction.

Just remember it's never too late to turn that corner and hopefully in a few years you can look back at this as just a dark part of your life forgotten.

Last edited:
if any of you contact him tell him to try the depression drug called ESCITALOPRAM
and also there is a book from Dr Phill, Its called Dr phillip C. Mcgraw self matters creating your life from inside out.
Maybe that will help as i was a teenager watching my dad die in hospital and i went off the rails like partyd and punchd the whole towns bouncers
up and friends got me a book cos im not a person to hurt others.
That's what Im on mate also called Lexapro, thoroughly recommend it.

That's what Im on mate also called Lexapro, thoroughly recommend it.
The medication is much better now, when I was on my medication - can't remember the name now except it started with an X it was hideous, was alright during the day but lying in bed of a night I used to have huge - gargantuan twitches, sometimes whole body twitches, very upsetting. But I got through in the end with the help of some dedicated professionals and getting rid of some people weeds in my life's garden bed.

If this old fool learned anything through that episode it was simply this. . .

No matter how soft a spot you may have for them some people are simply weeds - noxious and invasive, if you let them they will choke up your life with complications and dramas.

If you have any of these sort of people in your life do yourself a favour - get them out of it.

It may be hard and you may hurt for a while but in the end you will be much more at peace with yourself.

No matter how soft a spot you may have for them some people are simply weeds - noxious and invasive, if you let them they will choke up your life with complications and dramas.

If you have any of these sort of people in your life do yourself a favour - get them out of it.

It may be hard and you may hurt for a while but in the end you will be much more at peace with yourself.

A very pragmatic approach :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back