ICAC Inquiry into Eddie Obeid & NSW ALP

Remove this Banner Ad

as i said, there is wriggle in the sentencing by the judge.

But it is a slippery slope if we devise two tiered law. magna carta and enlightenment never instructed we pursue a different law for different subjects, it is thin end of wedge to dark age arbitrary instruction. see how inner city blacks from the projects are hauled over the coals for their crack cocaine but hollywood makes films on the expensive stuff. Its not a path one wishes to follow. I am content that judges can make a sentencing finding on the applicable elements and judge their incarceration period accordingly

I do see where you're coming from, but I also see pollies getting away with rorts by paying back what they got caught for, and it's not fraud because they make the rules that say so...

I do see where you're coming from, but I also see pollies getting away with rorts by paying back what they got caught for, and it's not fraud because they make the rules that say so...
agree.

we will see what happens with Peter Slipper's sentencing. I bet he wishes that the ICAC hearings on Obeid et al were after his trial and not before or during. They will prolly whack on about 50% increment onto his sentence cos of Obeid.

But does anyone seriously not believe that Carr at al, had no idea Eddie was corrupt going way back. The farking ALP should be disbanded because of Obeid. The NSW branch that is.

agree.

we will see what happens with Peter Slipper's sentencing. I bet he wishes that the ICAC hearings on Obeid et al were after his trial and not before or during. They will prolly whack on about 50% increment onto his sentence cos of Obeid.

But does anyone seriously not believe that Carr at al, had no idea Eddie was corrupt going way back. The farking ALP should be disbanded because of Obeid. The NSW branch that is.

I think it goes beyond the party in question to the general feeling of entitlement of the political class, from all sides. Seems it was more deeply rooted (or is it just more obvious?) in NSW, but the core problem is widespread.

Speaking as a Sydneysider, I ******* love ICAC. It rips into the corrupt arseholes on both sides of politics without fear or favour.

Every state has corrupt politicians. Ours have a chance of being caught.
Yours were stupid enough to set up a body to actually catch them. Takes a special level of stupidity for a politician to set up an independent body that's actually independent.

Unfortunately you're only going to catch the ones that weren't clever enough to get away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see corruption, you only see Liberal corruption. What a sad little fanboi you are.

The party matters not. It just shows how that arrogance sneeks in to those who dont have the moral fibre To put their community in front of themselves. A bloody pox on all of them, Lib, Lab, or bloody labradoodle, any of them.

If they took money, lock 'em up

Plus they are marginal seats - a lot of Sydney people are moving up to the Central Coast as they cant afford Sydney anymore. They are moving from all parts of Sydney bringing a range of political backgrounds

In the case of Newcastle/Hunter it is no longer rusted on Labor. The closure of the steelworks and the increase in the miners seeing themselves as "Howards Aspirational Battlers" rather than downtrodden workers has seen the Libs get a sniff

All of a sudden the area is a battleground so funding and peddling influence matters

What about your - "they breed them rotten that way", singling out Thompson and Neal?
Not very convincing.

Incidentally, I abhor corruption whether it is corrupt politicians, lobbyists, unions, companies that curry favour with governments etc but disagree with you when you call one person out as a fanboi then go on to make the statement you did.

What about your - "they breed them rotten that way", singling out Thompson and Neal?
Not very convincing.

Incidentally, I abhor corruption whether it is corrupt politicians, lobbyists, unions, companies that curry favour with governments etc but disagree with you when you call one person out as a fanboi then go on to make the statement you did.
Yet you whinge interpretations on what the PM means when talking on ISIL is splitting hairs. Your hypocrisy certainly cracksa me up.

business and the state wants the railline to the cbd closed so that it can open up harbour foreshore land for development and cash ,the fibs are rushing to get the railline closed b4 the election, the asian cup is in jan international soccer fans and journalists are going to have a critical view of aus when they have to wait hours for a taxi in newcastle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back