ICAC Inquiry into Eddie Obeid & NSW ALP

Remove this Banner Ad

He was getting paid $200k per year to be on the board of a company he claims he forgot he was on (read the stories from Feb 2013), I wouldn't call that competent.
my concern is a lot of abuse is being hurled sinodinos way by yourself , is it because of his greek heritage, and not so much towards Thomson as he has anglo heritage, I hope your not being racist in this matter, because it would be disappointing sinodinos gets signalled out because people on this forum might consider its okay to have a go at a wog, but will leave Thomson alone as he is one of us

my concern is a lot of abuse is being hurled sinodinos way by yourself , is it because of his greek heritage, and not so much towards Thomson as he has anglo heritage, I hope your not being racist in this matter, because it would be disappointing sinodinos gets signalled out because people on this forum might consider its okay to have a go at a wog, but will leave Thomson alone as he is one of us

He's Greek? And this is relevant. why?

Stop projecting your racism onto others.

He's Greek? And this is relevant. why?

It looks to me like a reference to a poster's harsh comments towards someone from one background (Liberal) being different to the comments made towards someone of a familiar background (Labor).

It wasn't subtle at all. Unless I'm way wide of the mark he was saying that the dial is turned up when Labor supporters go after the Dep. Treasurer and the same knives were pushed deeper in their pockets when Craig Thompson was being investigated rather than an equal and measured response to both.

It looks to me like a reference to a poster's harsh comments towards someone from one background (Liberal) being different to the comments made towards someone of a familiar background (Labor).

It wasn't subtle at all. Unless I'm way wide of the mark he was saying that the dial is turned up when Labor supporters go after the Dep. Treasurer and the same knives were pushed deeper in their pockets when Craig Thompson was being investigated rather than an equal and measured response to both.
you picked it up in one, very good

How the * did you read all that into the rubbish that was originally posted?

Also funny that you think the 2 cases are in any way similar.

I still don't see why bring in his nationality. Could have said Dep Minister v backbencher, or businessman v unionist. Ethnicity irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the **** did you read all that into the rubbish that was originally posted?

Also funny that you think the 2 cases are in any way similar.
that's what I was doing, and also getting to play the racism card which you lefties like to do at a drop of the hat

Because I was right :)
Subtext is still English but I guess I had to go to private school to learn how to read it.

You turned this:

into this:

You can obviously read the subtext in crazy better than I. kudos to you.

You turned this:

into this:

You can obviously read the subtext in crazy better than I. kudos to you.
It's TEE English, it was as clear as daylight what he was saying. The trick is to not get blinded by what the words read and focus on what the author is saying.

It's a juxtaposition.

A bit like this? Juxtaposition: If a waiter served you a whole fish and a scoop of chocolate ice cream on the same plate, your surprise might be caused by the juxtaposition, or the side-by-side contrast, of the two foods.

So nothing to do with what yibbida was trying to say?

I think the difference is that Thomson was a backbencher and Sinodinos is a minister. Doesn't make either situation right, just the degree of impact is different.
Thomson was put in as chair of committees by the Labor party during the 3-4 years he was being investigated for the frauds he committed, which were made public as early as 2009. He only stood down at the completion of the fair work investigation in 2012. So for years Thomson has significant fraud allegations against him, so what does the Labor party do? Promote him? Seriously?

Sinodinos has had some allegations aired, that have not been tested, yet the Labor party demanded he step down immediately (rightfully so as I say).

However right the call is, it doesn't stop the Labor party being massive hypocrites over this. They demanded Sinodinos step down days after allegations of fraud were made to the ICAC, but defended Thomson for years over allegations of fraud, despite the mounting evidence in the public domain. The public has known he was guilty as sin for years, yet the Labor party still defended him. Only when the fair work report (which slammed him) was finally tabled did he step down and only then after years of attack by the the media, public and the Liberals.

A bit like this? Juxtaposition: If a waiter served you a whole fish and a scoop of chocolate ice cream on the same plate, your surprise might be caused by the juxtaposition, or the side-by-side contrast, of the two foods.

So nothing to do with what yibbida was trying to say?

The two were placed besides one another to draw a similarity to the Thompson scandal. I might have gotten my words wrong.

See the quote below, it's a far more detailed comment than the brief summary I gave you.

Thomson was put in as chair of committees by the Labor party during the 3-4 years he was being investigated for the frauds he committed, which were made public as early as 2009. He only stood down at the completion of the fair work investigation in 2012. So for years Thomson has significant fraud allegations against him, so what does the Labor party do? Promote him? Seriously?

Sinodinos has had some allegations aired, that have not been tested, yet the Labor party demanded he step down immediately (rightfully so as I say).

However right the call is, it doesn't stop the Labor party being massive hypocrites over this. They demanded Sinodinos step down days after allegations of fraud were made to the ICAC, but defended Thomson for years over allegations of fraud, despite the mounting evidence in the public domain. The public has known he was guilty as sin for years, yet the Labor party still defended him. Only when the fair work report (which slammed him) was finally tabled did he step down and only then after years of attack by the the media, public and the Liberals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back