ICAC Inquiry into Eddie Obeid & NSW ALP

Remove this Banner Ad

Acting like an Adult....
hey don't be the one to call me out for childish behaviour, when there has been so much of this prior on the forum, why signal me out , you cant help yourself , picking out just one, as in me for their childishness , and giving a free pass to all the others

What makes you think that he is an outsider in his own party???

Sydney feels like everyone is in it for themselves. People are hugely disengaged from the political process, so those that are in it seem to get away with more. But maybe people are disengaged because of the corruption. Those Rum Corps were a pretty bad start.
He's not your standard ex-finance/management Liberal party politician. His career arc of student politician -> journalist -> staffer more closely resembles that typically found in the Labor party, rather than the old boys club of blokes who worked for at a big law firm or investment bank.

Why would anyone read richmonds, ross warren, lennon posts looking for subtext? The bloke is barely literate.
yes I admit I only went to high school, (some families, in the country region didn't have their children go to university back in the early 90s, you went out and got a job to start to earn), so my grammar and spelling are below par , i accept that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes I admit I only went to high school, (some families, in the country region didn't have their children go to university back in the early 90s, you went out and got a job to start to earn), so my grammar and spelling are below par , i accept that
I only got to year 12 myself. In the state school system. And I didn't touch English as a subject in years 11 and 12.

Last edited:
Thomson was put in as chair of committees by the Labor party during the 3-4 years he was being investigated for the frauds he committed, which were made public as early as 2009. He only stood down at the completion of the fair work investigation in 2012. So for years Thomson has significant fraud allegations against him, so what does the Labor party do? Promote him? Seriously?

Sinodinos has had some allegations aired, that have not been tested, yet the Labor party demanded he step down immediately (rightfully so as I say).

However right the call is, it doesn't stop the Labor party being massive hypocrites over this. They demanded Sinodinos step down days after allegations of fraud were made to the ICAC, but defended Thomson for years over allegations of fraud, despite the mounting evidence in the public domain. The public has known he was guilty as sin for years, yet the Labor party still defended him. Only when the fair work report (which slammed him) was finally tabled did he step down and only then after years of attack by the the media, public and the Liberals.

The Sinodinis stuff has been known about for years, there was articles about him in February 2013, before he was elected to Parliament.

The Sinodinis stuff has been known about for years, there was articles about him in February 2013, before he was elected to Parliament.
He was in parliament since 2011, but I guess 2013 was when he was first truly elected following his parachute drop. What were the allegations released before? Obviously there was a significant step up in the allegations the other day to cause the calls for him to step down by Labor, which weren't around before.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Same sort of stuff: http://www.afr.com/p/national/sinodinos_shares_giveaway_o5xWRppoc3rKXezM6mRM2J

He was chairman when the company was sold (without his knowledge.....)
So there was a bit of info out there, but not really any of the bombshell stuff of the ICAC the other day. I think that makes a lot of sense. Labor would have been all over it like a fat rat in a cheese factory if there was the info from the other day before the last election.

He's not your standard ex-finance/management Liberal party politician. His career arc of student politician -> journalist -> staffer more closely resembles that typically found in the Labor party, rather than the old boys club of blokes who worked for at a big law firm or investment bank.
I'm pretty sure a lot of the Liberals are career politicians / lawyers like Labor. Abbott was groomed from a young age by the Catholic right (his early anti-Monarchy days; Santamaria; Priest school; the Rhodes Scholarship etc.), but there are a lot of Catholic-right Liberals too (particularly in senior positions after Abbott took over). I really don't think he is an outsider in many respects at all.
Why would anyone read richmonds, ross warren, lennon posts looking for subtext? The bloke is barely literate.
I suspect the single-paragraph, using commas thing isn't illiteracy but a deliberate style. If it was, for example, someone posting under a 2nd or 3rd user name who didn't want their posts looking too similar to their other user names, they might choose to use a whacky style like this. ...But I like a theory.

I suspect the single-paragraph, using commas thing isn't illiteracy but a deliberate style. If it was, for example, someone posting under a 2nd or 3rd user name who didn't want their posts looking too similar to their other user names, they might choose to use a whacky style like this. ...But I like a theory.
I suspect you may be right.

Despite one's level of literacy, it's really not that difficult to use paragraphs for instance.

I suspect you may be right.

Despite one's level of literacy, it's really not that difficult to use paragraphs for instance.
I think its time to stop singling out one poster on the forum, and querying the level of his literacy, its not cool, I stress my posts are not perfect, regarding grammar, punctuation and paragraph, I accept that, and I will try and do better, but can we move off this subject

I think its time to stop singling out one poster on the forum, and querying the level of his literacy, its not cool, I stress my posts are not perfect, regarding grammar, punctuation and paragraph, I accept that, and I will try and do better, but can we move off this subject
I pointed this out to you back in your Ross incarnation.

I personally don't care about punctuation, spelling or grammar.

But a lack of paragraphs can make a post very difficult to read and/or understand.

I pointed this out to you back in your Ross incarnation.

I personally don't care about punctuation, spelling or grammar.

But a lack of paragraphs can make a post very difficult to read and/or understand.
fine I get it, sorry sir, do you want me to do a hundred lines, I will use paragraphs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back