ICC 2014 Results thread - Round 2 posted

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus, who wants to pay $5,000 to travel to the other side of the world (here) to have their backsides handed to them.
If you were to lose, you'd rather lose to teams near your standard and have a competitive match.
Blow outs make players think twice about making the trip next time round.

Total logic in what you say, so let's leave the decision to the competing teams.

That's why it's so commendable that so many teams attend the IC with little realistic chance of winning.
It seems that it's mostly Australians concerned about "blowouts".
There are a considerable number of teams that play fantastic football but lack the key positional players to convert.
I have talked to a number of teams about this issue - that they have to use teamwork to overcome a lack of talls.
Even a teams like the PNG and Nauru suffer from this.
So let's get back to talking about football, because there's a lot of good footy to be seen out there.

Total logic in what you say, so let's leave the decision to the competing teams.

That's why it's so commendable that so many teams attend the IC with little realistic chance of winning.
It seems that it's mostly Australians concerned about "blowouts".
There are a considerable number of teams that play fantastic football but lack the key positional players to convert.
I have talked to a number of teams about this issue - that they have to use teamwork to overcome a lack of talls.
Even a teams like the PNG and Nauru suffer from this.
So let's get back to talking about football, because there's a lot of good footy to be seen out there.

Theres nothing wrong with what he said, and nothing wrong with discussing these matters either if people wish.

Given that all teams were coimmitted months before the cup and almost everyone i spoke to - and i spoke to almost every team at the cup in the last few months - were concerned at the fixturing - when it was eventually released the fixture and the lack of divisions this year caught everyone by surprise.

Theres nothing wrong with what he said, and nothing wrong with discussing these matters either if people wish.

Given that all teams were coimmitted months before the cup and almost everyone i spoke to - and i spoke to almost every team at the cup in the last few months - were concerned at the fixturing - when it was eventually released the fixture and the lack of divisions this year caught everyone by surprise.

I think you need to discuss all facets of the tournament and that can only lead to suggestions which could be forwarded to help improve it.

I think you need to discuss all facets of the tournament and that can only lead to suggestions which could be forwarded to help improve it.

Totally agree. Fixturing noted.
Let's talk about the football now because we have 3 years (at least) until the next IC to talk about what worked and what didn't.

So any one willing to give tips for tomorrow's matches?

Here are mine:
Ireland vs Nauru
Great Britain vs Fiji
France vs Indonesia
PNG vs South Africa
Tonga vs Japan
India vs Pakistan
NZ
vs USA
Canada vs Sweden
China vs Finland

And in the Women's comp:
Ireland vs USA Liberty
USA Freedom vs Tonga
Canada Northern Lights vs Fiji

Totally agree. Fixturing noted.
Let's talk about the football now because we have 3 years (at least) until the next IC to talk about what worked and what didn't.

Yes sir! Anything else we shouldn't talk about?

No mate. Talk it up. Continue the good work. Love how you pump up Australian Football.
Be great to meet up with you at one of the games and enjoy some good times.

Sure would. It's a shame I'm in Sydney. Will be watching the live stream for sure, as I know many others will be. Shame it's not on TV, I reckon it would get very good ratings. Maybe almost the level of an NRL game.

Sure would. It's a shame I'm in Sydney. Will be watching the live stream for sure, as I know many others will be. Shame it's not on TV, I reckon it would get very good ratings. Maybe almost the level of an NRL game.

I was surprised to find that the cost difference is not that great to upgrade to TV.
But obviously the benefit is so much greater.
I fully expect the next IC to be televised.

Fixtures for the next round. South Africa the big threat to NZ, Ireland and PNG.

Link

THE SEMI FINAL ROUND

Tuesday, August 19

MEN'S SEMI FINALS

Time

Ransford Oval

11:30am

1 v 4

New Zealand v PNG

1:30pm

2 v 3

Ireland v South Africa

3:30pm

5 v 12

Canada v France

McAlister Oval

6 v 11

Tonga v Pakistan

7 v 10

Nauru v GB

8 v 9

Fiji v USA

Western Oval

13 v 18

Sweden v Indonesia

14 v 17

Japan v India

15 v 16

China v Finland

No doubt there would be a heck of a lot more people talking about it if this thread were posted on the main board, but instead it's on a minor board that not many people visit.

We will definitely do a Grand Final thread on the main board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So any one willing to give tips for tomorrow's matches?

Here are mine:
Ireland vs Nauru
Great Britain vs Fiji
France vs Indonesia
PNG vs South Africa
Tonga vs Japan
India vs Pakistan
NZ
vs USA
Canada vs Sweden
China vs Finland

And in the Women's comp:
Ireland vs USA Liberty
USA Freedom vs Tonga
Canada Northern Lights vs Fiji
I think it a good thing that 3 of these predictions are wrong. So it is not entirely predictable. Also shows progress is being made in unlikely areas. i have no idea what is happening with Footy in China, but that they can bring a team to Australia and get a win against a European team shows something is happening. Even Nauru surprised a bit against Ireland. Ireland will have to work hard to win it, they have some real competition.

20140816222906813_1.jpeg

Love this! Any other banners from the ICC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back