ICC World Twenty20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sportsfan.com.au/what-we...-t20-team/tabid/91/newsid/127544/default.aspx

"After Australia found themselves effectively eliminated from the World Twenty20 after just two matches, we asked in a SportsFan poll whether the current crop of players could win the T20 tournament or a one-day international World Cup."

"Seventy-one percent of voters said no."

Sorry to vent so late but would love to know (after our performance in the T20 World Cup) how are we suppose to win the one-day international World Cup. I know it's a different format and, possibly, we played way under par for the 3 games we lost. I just can't see how we can win the next ODI World Cup.

Really feel we have to make a few changes...not too many though.

The difference between T20's and ODI's is similar to the difference between Union and Soccer. Worlds apart.
Wouldn't it be more like Rugby and Rugby 7's. Not sure about the soccer and rugby comparison but agree that they are different as I said in my comment.

Big advantage for Aussies is that the World Cup is in Aus. Other than that, I wouldn't give them much hope considering how tripe they were at the ICC Worlds in England.

Just checked and you'd be right.

Still think you're underestimating our ODI team. We're ranked number 1 in the world for a reason.

The last 2 series we have played, the team has not seemed to handle pressure well. Tournaments are different to usual matches, by tournaments I mean the ICC and WorldT20. Got nowhere fairly quick.

But as I said, home advantage is a massive plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/what-we...-t20-team/tabid/91/newsid/127544/default.aspx

"After Australia found themselves effectively eliminated from the World Twenty20 after just two matches, we asked in a SportsFan poll whether the current crop of players could win the T20 tournament or a one-day international World Cup."

"Seventy-one percent of voters said no."

Sorry to vent so late but would love to know (after our performance in the T20 World Cup) how are we suppose to win the one-day international World Cup. I know it's a different format and, possibly, we played way under par for the 3 games we lost. I just can't see how we can win the next ODI World Cup.

Really feel we have to make a few changes...not too many though.
29% think we can after our T20 performance. ???
Dude, we lost 2 close matches, got hammered in one match where it didn't matter, all in 3 hour matches in the subcontinent - clue: the next WC is in Australia, and is a completely different format.
I'm disappointed only 29% of people think we CAN win. We take our ODIs seriously and the tournamentnot being on the SC will be a huge boon for us. Seriously, writing us off on the basis of 2 games is just stupid

The last 2 series we have played, the team has not seemed to handle pressure well. Tournaments are different to usual matches, by tournaments I mean the ICC and WorldT20. Got nowhere fairly quick.

But as I said, home advantage is a massive plus.
Oh, in the ICC where we had like 1 game which we lost and were effectively out of the tournament?

We were still out in the first round, we didn't win even one match. In any tournament, you need to win matches to get to the next round.

And as I've said, home is a massive advantage.
We literally lost one match which effectively eliminated us from the tournament. We had 1 no result, and 1 game which we probably would've won if we hadn't had to try to win it in like 35 overs. It's really not a big indicator

We literally lost one match which effectively eliminated us from the tournament. We had 1 no result, and 1 game which we probably would've won if we hadn't had to try to win it in like 35 overs. It's really not a big indicator
I agree it's not a big indicator but we still lost 3 out of 4 and won 1 against Bangladesh. Australia, even in the no result game, still played to win and we were outplayed. We played below par and should have played better. I am not saying we can't win the ODI World Cup from here but would have loved us to win or even made the semi's to give us fans confidence of what Australia can do in World Cup tournaments, no matter what format it is. Have to admit, we have a different team when we include Clarke and Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back