Social Science Ice Creams

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this has been posted here before:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/apr/29/health.science
Eating ice cream really does make you happy. Scientists have found that a spoonful of the cold stuff lights up the same pleasure centre in the brain as winning money or listening to your favourite music.
Neuroscientists at the Institute of Psychiatry in London scanned the brains of people eating vanilla ice cream. They found an immediate effect on parts of the brain known to activate when people enjoy themselves; these include the orbitofrontal cortex, the "processing" area at the front of the brain.

Eat your heart out guys... I mean "eat your icecream, guys!" I'm off to buy a tub or three!!

Eating ice cream really does make you happy. Scientists have found that a spoonful of the cold stuff lights up the same pleasure centre in the brain as winning money or listening to your favourite music.
Neuroscientists at the Institute of Psychiatry in London scanned the brains of people eating vanilla ice cream. They found an immediate effect on parts of the brain known to activate when people enjoy themselves; these include the orbitofrontal cortex, the "processing" area at the front of the brain.

Eat your heart out guys... I mean "eat your icecream, guys!" I'm off to buy a tub or three!!
Really, truly? Might have to change my mind . So , if I eat chocolate ( which does similar things) and icecream together, woooh hoooh. Watch out!

No s**t. If you enjoy something, it's obvious the result of neurotransmitters having a reaction. If you told me getting kicked in the scrote was actually hugely enjoyable, then I'd be surprised.

sachets.jpg

The most amazing ice cream from a pack ever, not sure if you can get it anywhere other than Africa but it's the best.

I bought a tub of this on Sunday-
image.jpg
Thankfully, the kids fought over the tub of Cookies and Cream and I was left to eat "my" tub by myself.
I tried not to overdo it and it took me 4 sittings to polish it off.
Very excellent stuff!!

There used to be a Cadbury icecream store at Garden City shopping centre in WA and it sold an icecream with the same name, which tasted identical to this Connoisseur brand. How can this be so??

For those of you who have yet to taste it, here's the Connoisseur description of its Cafe Grande icecream:

CHOCOLATE-COATED ALMONDS AND GRAND MARNIER® FLAVOURED SAUCE WOVEN THROUGH SMOOTH COFFEE ICE CREAM
Inspired by the skilled hand of a barista coaxing the perfect espresso from his ‘machina’, our Café Grande is created for true coffee ice cream aficionados. We craft Café Grande from a special blend of Arabica and Robusta coffee beans, and rich cream. We add to the allure with delectable chocolate-coated almonds and a swirl of GRAND MARNIER® Sauce.

I bought a tub of this on Sunday-
View attachment 99018
Thankfully, the kids fought over the tub of Cookies and Cream and I was left to eat "my" tub by myself.
I tried not to overdo it and it took me 4 sittings to polish it off.
Very excellent stuff!!

There used to be a Cadbury icecream store at Garden City shopping centre in WA and it sold an icecream with the same name, which tasted identical to this Connoisseur brand. How can this be so??

For those of you who have yet to taste it, here's the Connoisseur description of its Cafe Grande icecream:

CHOCOLATE-COATED ALMONDS AND GRAND MARNIER® FLAVOURED SAUCE WOVEN THROUGH SMOOTH COFFEE ICE CREAM
Inspired by the skilled hand of a barista coaxing the perfect espresso from his ‘machina’, our Café Grande is created for true coffee ice cream aficionados. We craft Café Grande from a special blend of Arabica and Robusta coffee beans, and rich cream. We add to the allure with delectable chocolate-coated almonds and a swirl of GRAND MARNIER® Sauce.

I only just had this for the first time not too long and * it's amazing. A real "grown ups" ice cream :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought the much-discussed Coles Liquorice Allsorts on the weekend.....
Maybe I should've said "much disgust" because I almost spat it out! Talk about incorrect labelling! It should've been called Coconut Icecream - that's all I could taste.
I should've known not to trust Coles brand of anything!

(And I really don't like coconut at all! :mad:)
Its probably made from the Coles Smart Buy liquorice allsorts, you're tasting the icing.

Bought a tub of Sara Lee Caramel Peanut Brittle Ice Cream Wednesday Night. Highly recommend it. It is amazing. The base icecream has a slight caramel flavour, but the caramel swirl and the peanut brittle both are salty and sweet at the same time. Amazing Ice Cream.

Bought a tub of Sara Lee Caramel Peanut Brittle Ice Cream Wednesday Night. Highly recommend it. It is amazing. The base icecream has a slight caramel flavour, but the caramel swirl and the peanut brittle both are salty and sweet at the same time. Amazing Ice Cream.

FFS - you are making me wet.:mad::p

I reckon if I tried I could rip through 10 magnums without breaking a sweat.

I swear Magnums seem to be getting smaller and smaller every year.

FFS - you are making me wet.:mad::p

You seriously should try it. Coles have it for less that half price at the moment. $4.50 compared to $9.90

Thats not a bad thing, seeing how I can polish several of them easily. Please dont make me drive to the servo and get some.

Magnum of choice? I used to live on Ego's but they're a bit too sweet for me now. Prefer Almond, Pepperment or Whit Chocolate. Hard to split.

Best one though was Candy Warhol. Musk flavoured Ice Cream coated in white Chocolate with sherbet or pop rocks or something in the chocolate as well. It was amazing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back