Iconic and memorable crowd vision

ScoobySnacks

All Australian
Jul 3, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The guy at the Gabba going for the specky over the fence, and falling onto the ground. It was maybe 2 seasons ago? I'm pretty sure he knocked someone's beer over too

That cost us a flag.

It was only 2. 2 (14) to 0. 0 (0) at that point.

The momentum and the moment seemed like more at the ground, but it wasn't as if the Saints were laydown miseres without the hooplah accompanying Fraser's ton.

It was only 2. 2 (14) to 0. 0 (0) at that point.

The momentum and the moment seemed like more at the ground, but it wasn't as if the Saints were laydown miseres without the hooplah accompanying Fraser's ton.
It just killed the momentum however and gave you guys time to relax and recover.

Saints supporters celebrating Fraser's 100th - whilst halting the sides momentum.

PF04_invasion_620.jpg
I was in there too :D Agreed that it was a huge halt to the Saints' momentum. Insane, insane crowd that day.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Any Freo supporters will probably remember the old man with a beard who sits on the fence on the wing the camera would always go to after a goal nearly every home game for his reaction.

Can't find a photo of him and it's been a while since I've seen him...

Is that guy with the white beard and sits in the front row near one of the benches?

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Funny how he still sits in the same spot and has only gotten fatter since then.

Has an aisle seat too "for the twins". I worked with him at Rally Australia a couple of times. Thoroughly nice guy. I think he is/was a school teacher too. Kids would love him on yard duty.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Also, I can't find a picture but that North Melbourne fan with her two daughters giving the finger. Rex Hunt had her on his short lived Channel 7 show in 1994. She was a Greek or Italian and looked like Tammy Wynette.

Scorpio

Club Legend
May 28, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
I can't remember which teams it was but I have this vague recollection of a game in the early 90s... It was back in the days when the crowd could run onto the ground after the siren sounded. One team had a shot on goal to win the game after the siren but the ball was touched on the line by about 100 opposition supporters. After that the AFL brought in the ground security and stopped people running on until players were off the ground.

Back