Iconic and memorable crowd vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2009
Melbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Saints supporters celebrating Fraser's 100th - whilst halting the sides momentum.

PF04_invasion_620.jpg

That cost us a flag.

LOL

14 points up 11 minutes into the first quarter of the prelim and that cost you a premiership? Clearly not much momentum behind the old G-Train.

Sep 21, 2009
Melbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought the Essendon fans reaction to the siren at the end of the first Carlton game last year (77-72) was immense. Hate 7 for not staying on the wide shot. The 85,000 scarves waving after the 96 semi at the G against the Eagles also holds up well.

The barometer for me in terms of epic crowd reactions is when the place goes so batshit the hard camera shakes. So the Nick Davis~! winner, and the Franklin/Ball goals in the '11 prelim are some incredible crowd reactions.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
LOL

14 points up 11 minutes into the first quarter of the prelim and that cost you a premiership? Clearly not much momentum behind the old G-Train.
A lot of Saints reckon it cost them the game, Saints were in complete control at that point, but I agree there was plenty of time for Port to turn it around.

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
I thought the Essendon fans reaction to the siren at the end of the first Carlton game last year (77-72) was immense. Hate 7 for not staying on the wide shot. The 85,000 scarves waving after the 96 semi at the G against the Eagles also holds up well.
Go to 10:55 in this video

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J.G.Kennett

Dear God how did McLaren leave the G alive.

I remembered that at the time but because it was Hawthorn v Essendon couldnt have cared much.

But I seriously would not have been surprised if a member of the crowd stormed the arena in anger. Appalling.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Dear God how did McLaren leave the G alive.

I remembered that at the time but because it was Hawthorn v Essendon couldnt have cared much.

But I seriously would not have been surprised if a member of the crowd stormed the arena in anger. Appalling.

It was a free for all that day. Bateman got away with this no dramas

It's ok though the tribunal gave him a... one week suspension!!

It was a free for all that day. Bateman got away with this no dramas

It's ok though the tribunal gave him a... one week suspension!!

lol surley that wasnt called play on? they well and truly lost control

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
lol surley that wasnt called play on? they well and truly lost control

It was one of the rare modern games, probably the only one I've been to, where it did genuinely feel out of control... Like an old school or violent local game.

The Hawks players completely losing their s**t is what won us the game though, so can't complain.

It was one of the rare modern games, probably the only one I've been to, where it did genuinely feel out of control... Like an old school or violent local game.

The Hawks players completely losing their s**t is what won us the game though, so can't complain.

The 1st quarter of the Geelong-Fremantle game in 2008 that ultimately led to Dean Solomon caving in Ling's cheekbone with his elbow felt like that too. Freo were niggling all term, the Geelong players would retaliate and be pinged. I think the Cats chalked up 19 frees against by quarter time. Mark Harvey was quoted in the paper that morning saying Freo would be physical in that game and they certainly lived up to it.

Back