Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I know this would never happen, but WWE has a roster full of wrestlers of different nationalities and it would be cool to have a World Cup style PPV. Each year it could be in a different country, eg. 2015 - Italy, 2016 - France, 2017 - Australia etc... As you would have seen in the WWE discussion thread, I brought up the idea of a Paige v Emma (England v Australia) match. Each competitors wear wrestling gear with the colors and flag of their country on it.

What do you guys think of this idea??

Here's my match card:

Emma (Australia) v Paige (England)

Natalya (Canada) v Layla (England

Alberto Del Rio (Mexico) v Cesaro (Switzerland)

Usos (Samoa) v Los Matadores (Puerto Rico)

Barrett (England) v Sheamus (Ireland) vs McIntyre (Scotland)

Rusev (Bulgaria) v Christian (Canada)

Gabriel (South Africa) v Mahal (India)

Orton (USA) v Mysterio (Mexico)

Battle Royal - Santino (Italy), Reigns (Samoa), Ryback (USA), Sin Cara (Mexico), Kidd (Canada), Regal (England), Tatsu (Japan), Rhodes (USA), Sandow (USA), Ziggler (USA) etc...

The only problem is that right now there is a lot of top American talent and not enough credible 'foreign' talent to compete against them.

Just doesn't make sense to me. It is a scripted event...
I still don't see the problem with having a 'world cup' for a scripted event. The only thing different in this PPV to other PPV's is that they'll scrap the Face/heel concept for this event and the wrestler/s can represent their country and their fellow countrymen can support them.

Think it only works when you have cross promotional talent appearing on TV like TNA and WCW did IMO. Will always be scraping the barrel for that sort of thing in a WWE roster.

a RAW vs SD event? tried it and failed. plus there is no brand extension any more
WWE co-promoting with another company (eg Japanese feds) - wouldn't want to put over other talent. "can't talk. can't work 'WWE style' etc"

It would be harder to artificially create a rivalry to make it so fans would buy into it these days.

Although maybe we can find a way to bring back the All-Americans vs the Foreign Fanatics for a re-do of Survivor Series '93
survivorseries19931.jpg

But then again, it might be worth a shot now that PPVs are dead (just "special events" now). Sort of like the Crockett Cup.

All Americans vs the rest could work with Zeb leading the way.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a RAW vs SD event? tried it and failed. plus there is no brand extension any more
WWE co-promoting with another company (eg Japanese feds) - wouldn't want to put over other talent. "can't talk. can't work 'WWE style' etc"

It would be harder to artificially create a rivalry to make it so fans would buy into it these days.

Although maybe we can find a way to bring back the All-Americans vs the Foreign Fanatics for a re-do of Survivor Series '93
survivorseries19931.jpg

But then again, it might be worth a shot now that PPVs are dead (just "special events" now). Sort of like the Crockett Cup.

The Yanks would Dominate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back