If Brendon Ah Chee ever hits you with a left hook

Remove this Banner Ad

Russell Ebert was the best exponent of the handball with either hand...in terms of accuracy...no contest
Voss was definitely outstanding
This kid's gotta be the longest...although I think I saw Greg Phillips do one about as far once

Good excuse to post an old video.

Watch the bit of play between 0:46 and 0:56 to see what Ah Chee is following.

REH, I like that young Craig Bradley kid, very smart on the camera, where do you think he'll go in the draft?

We've lost something in the last 20 years in SA. We've lost that tribal nature/banter etc, its too sterile and we've become accustomed to one sided crowds.

We need to get standing room back .... Pom poms, and umpires that stay out of the game.

did ebert ever have anyone on him..he was always 20m clear holding the ball with one hand..what about a new draft selection process where we draft the kids who most resemble ebert.

When you handball through the goals it's only a point.

try this on for size. i've done a little research and discovered that 100% of times, balls kicked from the defensive 50 don't get any score at all.

so, our new game plan should be:
1. everyone in the forward line
2. ????
3. profit

i believe our forward coach tried this once in the WAFL but he did it the wrong way round, the dummy.

Stephen Williams 40 metre handball around the centre of FP in a final or GF was the longest and one of the best I have ever seen. Someone might remember the actual game.

Stephen probably does

Bump (I'm assuming this is Ah Chees thread)

Midway last year he was up against it...Constantly near the bottom of the stats sheets.He was playing as a defensive forward and looked like he was on the way out. He's made it known on the PortBigfooty Podcast that he wants to be a mid.

Mid-season Buddah laid down the gauntlet telling him...
"Go from a 10-12 possession player to, hopefully a 17-20 or 20-25-possession player. More disposals, quality possession and consistent work rate is what we’re looking for going forward."

He improved dramatically, Doing what Hocking asked of him. In doing so saving his spot.

Now with Newton leaving for Melbourne, Arch has the best possible opportunity to not only dominate SANFL games. But hopefully put pressure on players higher on the pecking order for an AFL game.

Last night he got 23 touches and 2 goals and many say he was (or close to) BOG.

He looks well on his way to Ah-Cheeving his dreams to play AFL. :D

Midway last year he was up against it...Constantly near the bottom of the stats sheets.He was playing as a defensive forward and looked like he was on the way out. He's made it known on the PortBigfooty Podcast that he wants to be a mid.

"Go from a 10-12 possession player to, hopefully a 17-20 or 20-25-possession player. More disposals, quality possession and consistent work rate is what we’re looking for going forward."

He improved dramatically, Doing what Hocking asked of him. In doing so saving his spot.

Now with Newton leaving for Melbourne, Arch has the best possible opportunity to not only dominate SANFL games. But hopefully put pressure on players higher on the pecking order for an AFL game.

Broady was a mid-range possession player in 2010/2011 and started to blossom out in 2012. Then he got settled in 2013. His career was a bit different to Ah Chee's in that he had an AFL apprenticeship forced on him because of injuries to players who may have otherwise taken his place in those early years. Ah Chee wants to get himself up on the pecking order as Young, Moore, Mitchell and Stewart are all ahead of him at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah good last night but geez he really struggled in the nab cup, that might have dropped him back a peg or two in the coaches eyes.
how good was the mark he took that wasnt allowed....

Isn't that a bloody great moment in a players life. Its the first time I have ever seen a player being told he is playing his first game in the AFL by the coach and then to share it with the players. AWESOME.

By the look of things, he can handball further that Kane Cornes can kick. I have never seen Kane kick further than 40mtrs.

Would link it but I'm on my phone.

Have you guys seen his hip and shoulder Port put up on their YouTube page. Holy s**t!
Wow that's insane! He only literally saw it and had time to brace in the last two steps!!! Incredible

Good excuse to post an old video.

Watch the bit of play between 0:46 and 0:56 to see what Ah Chee is following.

A 30 metre handball in general play is excellent but a 20 metre handball while stationary on your knees and under pressure is astounding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back