If Danger said he was gonna leave at the end of 2015.....

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't owe us anything. We paid him and he played for us.

I'd hope he's never mislead us, or led us to believe he had different intentions. Other than that, as long as he gives us everything and leaves it all out on the field then he's free to do what's best for him and his family
FA question - if Danger were to sign on for say 2 more years, is then still able to exercise FA at the expiry of that term ?

I beg to differ.

I'm sure Walsh is wanting to build a successful side and Dangerfield being in the picture has that being far more likely then not having Danger.

There's little doubt we will be more successful with Dangerfield than without, but after hearing everything Walsh has said I just don't think he's the kind of coach who places a lot of emphasis on whether a particular player is still at the club or not

There's little doubt we will be more successful with Dangerfield than without, but after hearing everything Walsh has said I just don't think he's the kind of coach who places a lot of emphasis on whether a particular player is still at the club or not

“I will only select players who are totally committed to the team,” Walsh said.

Not necessarily. Depends on the contract
Agreed but replacing a player with more cap space doesn't necessarily help (even though you should be able to equally replace that player in theory) - well at least many believe this Tippett money is still rolling over.

Although I think you may be suggesting us paying him too much which could then in turn hurt the rest of our side.

Yup. That's what I meant. Can't have too much money tied up in one player for list balance. Gotta pay your stars, but there still has to be a balance
So just to clarify and that most would agree with me, that if it becomes about the $$ might aswell pack his bags ourselves

So just to clarify and that most would agree with me, that if it becomes about the $$ might aswell pack his bags ourselves

Someone else will definitely be prepared to pay him more than we will or any other well club.

A down n out club looking for credibility will make a Hail Mary pass if it's only about cash

The speculation will be crazy next season. I just hope we win the games we should win all the time and make finals. That should quiet down the media a little tiny bit.

The speculation will be crazy next season. I just hope we win the games we should win all the time and make finals. That should quiet down the media a little tiny bit.
Agree, i think PD will be a good bet for the brownlow!

Btw love ur display picture, love Gombau!
In Josep we trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he wants success and to be recognised as a good bloke?

Do you think the new club is going to pay a couple of first round draft picks (or equivalent) when they can get him for free as a free agent? Never has a player dictated what his new club should give to his old club as part of a trade scenario. It just wouldn't happen.

I've seen nothing to indicate he wants success at all costs - on the contrary there see to be principles in the lad that speak to the opposite.

What principles in the lad speak the opposite? He declared in 2011 that his decision to stay would be strongly based on the retention of Neil Craig. Craig left Danger stayed. Then he came out in May of 2014 and said about Sando 'He's a terrific coach and a really good people person, so as long as he's here I'm very happy to stay'. He also Sando goes and Danger is heavily linked to being one of the 5 players that influenced his sacking.

Either Danger has a s**t PR manager or he his principles aren't as strong you suggest.

Realistically if he leaves to a contender for success, the impact of that costing a few high draft picks is likely to have minimal short term impact on his ability to attain success.

Disagree. High draft picks are currency. If a contender doesn't use them on Danger - they could use them on another player to help them get closer to a flag. The idea that Danger would hold is new club to ransom to ensure his old club is properly compensated is ludicrous.

So re-reading this article by Caro - which has direct quotes from Danger:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...igh-up-adelaide-prospects-20140319-hvkhj.html

What will be stopping him from re-signing early 2015?

He knows exactly what we have done in terms of off-field replacements (Fagan, Roo, Walsh, O'keefe, Teague, Glass for Trigg & Bicks). He knows what we have done in terms of bringing in new talent (Cheney, Lowden, Draft Picks for Pets, Smack, Johnston, Graham, Battersby, Spina,Thompson, Rutten, Porps). He would have our exact blueprint for success for the next 3-5 years. He would have his mind made up as to whether he thinks the club can achieve the success or whether he is better off chasing a flag elsewhere.

He would also have a detailed knowledge of the financial implications of his move. He would know what he would earn on the free market and would already have a contract extension in front of him to stay a Crow.

Personally I think now he will stay. If he didn't believe in the direction of the club he would have left during this trade period. My concern now is what type of salary he earns. Anything over 1 mil per year and I will be furious.

You don't think he was offered big money by Melbourne and other clubs with cap space leading up to and during trade period? If he wanted the big money he could already be on it. It's not like we wouldn't have traded him if he said he wanted to go (we should have learned that lesson). The fact is he has indicated he doesn't want to leave and has a year left on his contract. There's no threads on Tex and Sloane who also have a year on their contracts. I'd laugh and cry at the same time if Danger stayed and Tex left for big dollars.

Everyone acts like they know these people personally. "Oh Tex wouldn't do that, he's loyal". The irony and hypocrisy is that 95% of you would be out of your workplace tomorrow if you were offered double pay at a different company.

You don't think he was offered big money by Melbourne and other clubs with cap space leading up to and during trade period? If he wanted the big money he could already be on it. It's not like we wouldn't have traded him if he said he wanted to go (we should have learned that lesson). The fact is he has indicated he doesn't want to leave and has a year left on his contract. There's no threads on Tex and Sloane who also have a year on their contracts. I'd laugh and cry at the same time if Danger stayed and Tex left for big dollars.

Everyone acts like they know these people personally. "Oh Tex wouldn't do that, he's loyal". The irony and hypocrisy is that 95% of you would be out of your workplace tomorrow if you were offered double pay at a different company.

I agree there is hysteria but I don't agree that he would have gotten the same offers this off season as he would in FA.
The tippett thing shows how much in $$$ someone will pay if they don't have to give up assets

I agree there is hysteria but I don't agree that he would have gotten the same offers this off season as he would in FA.
The tippett thing shows how much in $$$ someone will pay if they don't have to give up assets

He would still know the $$$ amount he would get on the free market. Connors would be all over that commission like a fat kid at an all you can eat pizza hut buffet.

He would still know the $$$ amount he would get on the free market. Connors would be all over that commission like a fat kid at an all you can eat pizza hut buffet.

But those won't be the dollars. Take melbourne for example:

It's gonna cost us 2&3 to get you, we'll pay you 900k over 5 if you ask for a trade now.
If you hang on, see out the year, save us the picks (and make us stronger for when you arrive), you do the hard yards and we'll pay you 1.4m over 6

The premium is for not costing them anything.

If danger was about the money, he'd refuse to be traded.

But those won't be the dollars. Take melbourne for example:

It's gonna cost us 2&3 to get you, we'll pay you 900k over 5 if you ask for a trade now.
If you hang on, see out the year, save us the picks (and make us stronger for when you arrive), you do the hard yards and we'll pay you 1.4m over 6

The premium is for not costing them anything.

If danger was about the money, he'd refuse to be traded.

I agree. My point is that Danger would know exactly what he is worth at all times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back