If Danger said he was gonna leave at the end of 2015.....

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree that Sloane and Walker are different in any way to Danger, based on what they have said in the media.

They are either signed or unsigned. Anything else doesn't matter. Gunston was giving every indication he would sign.

I disagree that Sloane and Walker are different in any way to Danger, based on what they have said in the media.

They are either signed or unsigned. Anything else doesn't matter. Gunston was giving every indication he would sign.
You are right to an extent.... But the difference is that Sloane has moved his parents over here and Tex is just Tex..... He has grown as a bloke, a leader and loves the AFC and SA.
As far as JG is concerned he is 1/16 the man of those 2....(but he does have 2 premierships) lol

But those won't be the dollars. Take melbourne for example:

It's gonna cost us 2&3 to get you, we'll pay you 900k over 5 if you ask for a trade now.
If you hang on, see out the year, save us the picks (and make us stronger for when you arrive), you do the hard yards and we'll pay you 1.4m over 6

The premium is for not costing them anything.

If danger was about the money, he'd refuse to be traded.
So you're suggesting Melbourne would pay Danger an extra $3.9M (($1.4 x 6) - ($0.9 x 5)) to save picks 2 & 3??

I agree somewhat with the principle that clubs will trade off the two forms of consideration - what it costs to acquire the player and what they have to pay him - but to nowhere near that extent.

So you're suggesting Melbourne would pay Danger an extra $3.9M (($1.4 x 6) - ($0.9 x 5)) to save picks 2 & 3??

I agree somewhat with the principle that clubs will trade off the two forms of consideration - what it costs to acquire the player and what they have to pay him - but to nowhere near that extent.

Seriously?

You agree in principle but want to argue the made up numbers used for illustration?

C'mon

The speculation will be crazy next season. I just hope we win the games we should win all the time and make finals. That should quiet down the media a little tiny bit.

I just wish we didn't have to go through a season of footy having to discuss whether danger will stay or go. It all gets depressing and the season hasn't even started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wish we didn't have to go through a season of footy having to discuss whether danger will stay or go. It all gets depressing and the season hasn't even started.

He's very well aware of the damage all this speculation will cause. And this is why I have some concerns about how much he loves the club if he is happy to put us all through this.

I don't have any concerns on whether he stays or goes. The club has to be bigger than any one player.
I do find it interesting that he had coffee with Clarkson just prior to GF week. Supposedly to touch base about international Rules. I think that is fishy....

He's very well aware of the damage all this speculation will cause. And this is why I have some concerns about how much he loves the club if he is happy to put us all through this.

I've quoted it before (Dangerfield from May 2012):

"We've built strong bonds as a group of players coming through together at this club - and that is how you win premierships by keeping your core group together, that's how you build winning teams."

Before Dangerfield's three-year contract was on its way to AFL House yesterday morning, Crows football operations chief Phil Harper opened negotiations with Tippett's Brisbane-based management.

"We've told Kurt's management we would like to start talks and they've told us they would like to get talking," said Harper. "Hopefully, we can get something done by the end of June."

Tippett, 25, will recognise Dangerfield's point that Adelaide's on-field progress does not need the distractions of contract speculation.

This prompted Dangerfield to advance his talks from his previously preferred position of leaving negotiation until the end of the season.

"It's good to have it out of the way - we can now focus on team rather than individuals," said Dangerfield.

"I can now focus on just playing on footy.

"At the start of the year, I was leaning to (an end-of-season negotiation).

"But the speculation, the hype that generates has become a negative on the group.

"To get it out of the way and allow the club to focus on winning games of footy - rather than fielding questions about players' contracts - is about thinking for the club."​

"We've built strong bonds as a group of players coming through together at this club - and that is how you win premierships by keeping your core group together, that's how you build winning teams."

Before Dangerfield's three-year contract was on its way to AFL House yesterday morning, Crows football operations chief Phil Harper opened negotiations with Tippett's Brisbane-based management.

"We've told Kurt's management we would like to start talks and they've told us they would like to get talking," said Harper. "Hopefully, we can get something done by the end of June."

Tippett, 25, will recognise Dangerfield's point that Adelaide's on-field progress does not need the distractions of contract speculation.

This prompted Dangerfield to advance his talks from his previously preferred position of leaving negotiation until the end of the season.

"It's good to have it out of the way - we can now focus on team rather than individuals," said Dangerfield.

"But the speculation, the hype that generates has become a negative on the group.

"To get it out of the way and allow the club to focus on winning games of footy - rather than fielding questions about players' contracts - is about thinking for the club."​

The more and more you look through Dangers conversations with the media - the more you realise that he needs to fire his PR....

Surely all PR people should just tell their players to keep it simple and about the team.

Last edited:

Anyone not terrified by this post is not paying attention

I'm not going to hold it against him though. Back in May 2012 he was full of beans and was certain he wanted to stay. Obviously he never thought these words might come back to haunt him. He was just full of the moment & exhuberant enthusiasm.

but there is no getting around the fact, that for whatever reason, he doesn't feel the same way at the moment. Those words from back then just don't reflect what he is saying right now.

We'll have to see if there was a clue in this or not.

I'm not going to hold it against him though. Back in May 2012 he was full of beans and was certain he wanted to stay. Obviously he never thought these words might come back to haunt him. He was just full of the moment & exhuberant enthusiasm.

but there is no getting around the fact, that for whatever reason, he doesn't feel the same way at the moment. Those words from back then just don't reflect what he is saying right now.

What do you reckon? Me I think he's been sounded out already and he won't sign anything. His right. If he does 2 yrs I don't care. FA. I'm with the club over one player so won't be too upset. If he stays or goes I will praise and admire him for his service. Money aside, who really wins?

Why would you be terrified by fact. The clue is clarkson.

I guess thats what Im trying to find out....
I follow a lot of European soccer and they seem to deal with it, I just wonder if he was honest and said how it is, how would we deal with it!
götze.jpg

This was the Dortmund BVB fans response to Götze signing with Bayern.. This was held up whilst he was still playing for Dortmund. Basically translates to, the pursuit of money shows his real heart.. Piss off Götze. :) brilliant

View attachment 90217

This was the Dortmund BVB fans response to Götze signing with Bayern.. This was held up whilst he was still playing for Dortmund. Basically translates to, the pursuit of money shows his real heart.. Piss off Götze. :) brilliant
Shows a supporter base has credit

He hasn't put us through anything yet - start saying that if he holds off contract talks or hasn't signed by the third quarter of the season.
I think a lot of people need to take a chill pill, a lot can happen in 9 months. Look what has happened in less than 2 months at the club.

Edit: Trigg resigned a tad over 3 months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back