If I was list manager I would?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Give me your answers:

If I was list manager I would attempt to get Frawley and trade Thompson for a player like Tomlinson.

Our first pick would be on the table to see what offers come.

Interested to know what everybody else would attempt to do if they were in charge of list management, not what you think the club will do.

Woah woah woah...I know he's been poor this year but trade Thompson? With a backline usually injured and a scattering of veterans ready to retire?

I would get Frawley and keep Thompson. Frawley/Thompson/Hansen would be a great combo.

Best classy mid with our our pick unless there is a better key forward available.

Wouldn't be against Higgins either.

Trade the list for Cameron.

Probably offer more than Adams.

What would you do?
Well I suppose, he'll warm the hospital bed. Id look for a young player ready to step up who's got pace on the outside. Jason tutt springs to mind, sam blease too, someone who can break the lines because as it sits two of our quickest players are almost in retirement. Forget everything else and look pace. Sean lemmens perhaps

We have problems in the midfield....too many B graders, not one of them has some mongrel about them, many of you cry when Jack Zeibell gets cited from the MRP you're all up in arms. But the truth is we need that type of player that is prepared to cop 2 weeks here or there. We also need a power forward.......Thommo was AA last year , I think he is struggling with a niggle added to the fact we are one genuine tall (Grima) short back there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I suppose, he'll warm the hospital bed. Id look for a young player ready to step up who's got pace on the outside. Jason tutt springs to mind, sam blease too, someone who can break the lines because as it sits two of our quickest players are almost in retirement. Forget everything else and look pace. Sean lemmens perhaps

Lemmens would be yes from me but not going to be the difference in us taking the next step.

Delist. McMahon, Tarrant, Wright and Grima (sorry mate)
Chase Frawley and J.Cameron
Trade Black

Delist. McMahon, Tarrant, Wright and Grima (sorry mate)
Chase Frawley and J.Cameron
Trade Black

Wright is an interesting one been ok the last two weeks but yet to have a sustained period of consistent games.

Tarrant has no trade value so if they think the latest injury is just unlucky I can see him staying.

Wright is an interesting one been ok the last two weeks but yet to have a sustained period of consistent games.

Tarrant has no trade value so if they think the latest injury is just unlucky I can see him staying.

Tarrant is hardly ever on the park. Do you know if he's contracted next year ?

I would go hard for Frawley and keep Thommo

Package up 1st + players(Bastinac, Adams, Gibson) for a semi developed KPF thats wants to come home

Draft speedy mids/HFF's with rest of draft with ruckman to develop

Scour delistments for absolutely any upgrades we can get, and pull the trigger

Anyone with presence and leadership ideal.

Without sounding racist, I think we need another indigineous player or two who can play midfield. They are generally quick and have X-Factor ( like the Hill brothers, Lewis Jetta, Motlop). We definitely need more outside speed. We have missed Wells desperately. He is no spring chicken anymore either. LA and McMahon have to go. Would McKenzie have any value if we sent him back home? I wouldn't be against trading Mullet either. Although he should be given a go on a wing. How quick is Garner? I wouldn't have a clue

I would go hard for Frawley and keep Thommo

Package up 1st + players(Bastinac, Adams, Gibson) for a semi developed KPF thats wants to come home

Draft speedy mids/HFF's with rest of draft with ruckman to develop

Scour delistments for absolutely any upgrades we can get, and pull the trigger

Anyone with presence and leadership ideal.

I like it.

My only concern is when we talk about talls the club with a surplus is GWS who won't be interested in picks. They'll want established players and that's why I've thrown Thompson up as he's exactly the type they need.

If we got Frawley through free agency and let's say Boyd for Thompson and Bastinac or Tomlinson for Thompson I'd be stoked( with both these trade deals you would need little add on's either way).

We need to have some courage to take the next step.

I like it.

My only concern is when we talk about talls the club with a surplus is GWS who won't be interested in picks. They'll want established players and that's why I've thrown Thompson up as he's exactly the type they need.

If we got Frawley through free agency and let's say Boyd for Thompson and Bastinac or Tomlinson for Thompson I'd be stoked( with both these trade deals you would need little add on's either way).

We need to have some courage to take the next step.

dont understand why you want to trade Thompson, makes absolute no sense. He is one of our only elite players.

Bastinac and our 2nd for Tomlinson would be an excellent trade.

In my eyes, Just about everyone would be on the table if the right trade was available.

Delist- McMahon, Anthony, Warren, Wilkins, Hine or McGiness, Grima or Tarrant or Curran (on the very edge-Firrito and Adams)

Upgrade-Turner and Tippet

Downgrade to rookie list- Harper and Curran (if not cut) and Tarrant

Trade-Bastinac and our first pick for a speedy GWS kid like Treloar. McKenzie for a pick, and if GWS/GC said they wanted Swallow or Zeibell......

Free Agent- Frawley, Higgins (if attitude and body are A+)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back