If Macca resigns you can forget my membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll, I live in Torquay and had a good chat to Joel Corey at a festival. Shattered Macca is gone, he laughed when he discussed macca given some hard truths to players. Said that was nothing to what he had experienced. Agreed with me the Griffen and Cooney going is a blessing. I've bumped into him before and having my doggies singlet on he was happy to have a chat. Said he didn't believe there was an issue, nothing more than normal at footy clubs.

Not sure what I'm on?

Whatever... Keep protecting 'our' players that exhibit dishonest behaviour and characteristics and no wonder our culture is one of the most pitiful in the AFL. Thankfully the Bigfooty poll results relating to retaining Griffen or not, is strongly slanted to the negative..

The masses (of our bigfooty supporters) are logical!!!

We spoke to Connors , who is Patton's manager.. This was publicly acknowledged and GWS knew about it. We did not make an offer to Patton..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...028410758?nk=fa3ae819f03bced8d075f7fb9156001e
So what.
No offer but we were courting him.
We'd be stupid to think Griffen and Leon Cameron or Ward or Addison from GWS wouldn't have been talking to each other. Publically acknowledged they were mates. Also acknowledged by the club they knew he wasn't happy, unlike Patton.

Not sure what I'm on?

Whatever... Keep protecting 'our' players that exhibit dishonest behaviour and characteristics and no wonder our culture is one of the most pitiful in the AFL. Thankfully the Bigfooty poll results relating to retaining Griffen or not, is strongly slanted to the negative..

The masses (of our bigfooty supporters) are logical!!!
To think that its only restricted to our players is living in fairyland
The club was doing it and who's to say Bmac wasn't doing either. Some would think he was dishonest I cos he hoodwinked many to think he was a good coach!
Anyway I already mentioned Gordon changed his tune but you only take the first version.

Yes the people of Big footy says so, so must be true.

So what.
No offer but we were courting him.
We'd be stupid to think Griffen and Leon Cameron or Ward or Addison from GWS wouldn't have been talking to each other. Publically acknowledged they were mates. Also acknowledged by the club they knew he wasn't happy, unlike Patton.

The so what is that GWS knew we were talking to Patton.. Gordon claimed that we did not know GWS were talking to Griffen about a move.. Which I dont recall anything in the press to confirm that it was either true or not. It wasnt the case of "mates just talking".. Big difference.

But then anything Gordon says from here is taken with a grain of salt given his turn last week, Griffen on the other hand has made any public announcements to the supporters of the club to say why. Morale of the story - big mistake to appoint and force the captaincy on someone who not only didnt want it, but wasnt suited to the role

This whole notion of holding the club to ransom by something happening is just childish.
Yeah vent your opinion and engage in robust discussion, but language like " I'm not re- signing " if this or that happens is complete b/s

I seem to have a different story as to how Griff got the captaincy. It was Boyd's idea before anyone else's.
In the interview after Griffen was appointed he said Boyd had asked him if he was ready and he said yes. However, we don't know what if any pressure or influence was put on them both by "others".

....with a couple of notable exceptions.Ken Judge,Peter Schwab, Clarkson....all first time senior coaches.Not to mention David Parkin,John Kennedy Senior etc etc - Hawthorn being their first senior role.

These days, most coaches being appointed are first time AFL coaches. 14 of the 18 senior coaches for 2014 are coaching their very first AFL side - ie they were untried.
Let me reiterate, they wouldn't have appointed a Senior Coach with no AFL/VFL playing experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is an Assistant Coach
Who cares what I meant? I for one am glad McCartney is gone, and finally the Club can move on and appoint the right person to lead us back to glory and not to the basement.

Bolton is an Assistant Coach
Bolton never played AFL, just like Macca. Bolton is an assistant coach at a very successful AFL club, just like Macca. They're fairly comparable in those terms.

Bolton never played AFL, just like Macca. Bolton is an assistant coach at a very successful AFL club, just like Macca. They're fairly comparable in those terms.
True, but who cares, McCartney is GONE. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back