If the Dee's cut their losses and traded Watts...Watts he worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we saw glimpses of that competitiveness last year - I think he's got a better chance of developing those traits, and his strength, in a position that demands them.

Not in playing a role he's comfortable in, and already pretty good at.

He doesn't attack contests anywhere near hard enough.

And surely you understand they're trying to develop him to feel more comfortable at AFL level in an area of the ground in which he'll gain confidence ? It was either the back-line or Casey.

What I don't understand is how Neeld destroyed his confidence in a pre-season.

That's what I really don't understand, he played some very good footy as a link-CHF last year... and, despite what you say, had significantly improved his attack on the ball and it was far more advanced than this year.

What did he do?

Why is it necessary for him to re-build his confidence when he should have been brimming with it after a strong finish to last season coupled with a good pre-season?

This is what really frustrates me, he would be a 20% better player if Bailey was still coaching.

What I don't understand is how Neeld destroyed his confidence in a pre-season.

Under Bailey he was on his bike using space, which suited him; under Neeld he was being asked to stand up as a key forward where occasionally he'd have a ball kicked on his head, which clearly didn't.

You're right. Under Bailey he played to his strengths as a tall flanker, but Neeld's structure required a second key forward marking option, which he presently isn't. I doubt he ever will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back