If we made another grand final will you go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, luck of the draw. I've been Level 1 in 08, 12, 13 and 14. Although I think they've changed some of the allocation priority this year so Legends and Kennedy get the best seats.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I dont care if their is no money to feed the kids for a couple of weeks.
KkAjX39.gif

I dont want to miss this.

I was sitting on level N just above where that happened. Section was dominated by $wines fans. It was bliss!

You have to saok up every signle minute of this sucess no matter the cost because it wont last forever.
I'm lucky be a Kennedy Club member so have been to the last three GF's and will have a ticket this year of course if we get there. But at around $350 a ticket, telling my wife ( who doesn't follow footy) that you have to "take every opportunity in case it never happens agains" is wearing a bit thin.

Imagine if this era matches that of the 80's. At least in the 80's and 90's tickets were no where near as expensive in comparison to today's cost. I still have my GF ticket from 91. I sat almost behind the goals in the middle of the lower tier and the ticket cost about $75.

I was at the top of the southern stand. Couldnt see a fckng thing.
Ahhh Kennedy Club.

KC also - have sat on Level 4, Level 1 and Level 2. Truly is luck of the draw. Thankfully have been very blessed on the two winning GFs.

Managed to attend last year with 3 mates. First time I'd been since 83 and 84 but too young to remember that much of those. Would love to do it again this year as we all know this run of success can't last forever but 15 year wedding anniversary falls on the gf weekend this year. My wife keeps saying "so what are we doing for our anniversary" I keep changing the topic whilst thinking - hopefully celebrating another premiership...

I was sitting on level N just above where that happened. Section was dominated by $wines fans. It was bliss!

I was sitting directly behind it on level 2. The best part; his parents were sitting in the perfect position to see it. Chris wanted to jump with joy so did the mum but held tight and didn't forget his position with the AFL. Fantastic moment for them and the Hawthorn fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm lucky be a Kennedy Club member so have been to the last three GF's and will have a ticket this year of course if we get there. But at around $350 a ticket, telling my wife ( who doesn't follow footy) that you have to "take every opportunity in case it never happens agains" is wearing a bit thin.

Imagine if this era matches that of the 80's. At least in the 80's and 90's tickets were no where near as expensive in comparison to today's cost. I still have my GF ticket from 91. I sat almost behind the goals in the middle of the lower tier and the ticket cost about $75.

Average weekly wage in 1991 was about $580. In 2015 it's nearly $1500. I think the prices are more affordable today than 1991.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/second+level+view?ReadForm&prodno=6302.0&viewtitle=Average Weekly Earnings, Australia~Nov 2007~Latest~21/02/2008&&tabname=Past Future Issues&prodno=6302.0&issue=Nov 2007&num=&view=&

Wow those were the days! I was 17 when they won that just wouldn't of even known how to attend it still a kid and young... Had to wait the 17 yrs till 08!!! That was a long 17 yrs

Been to 12 and 14... 14 much better! Cost me a bomb as I bought extra tickets for a few of the boys but was legitamately worth it. Also sneaked bottles of vodka in which was the smartest thing to do, horrific by half time last year but we had a ball.

The lines for drinks during the breaks are just ridiculous, smuggling stuff in definitely is definitely a good idea. I recommend a 2L bottle of coke or a thermos - neither ever gets checked.

Been fortunate enough to go to the last three grand finals with two of my three children. Hopefully if Hawthorn makesb the big dance this season I can take all three as the youngest is just old enough to go I think.

I sat in the Geelong cheersquad in 08 (long story to how I ended up there) but it was ******* priceless.
Went 12,13,14 and wouldnt miss any if we were to make them again. Those winning grand finals easily rank in the top 5 best days i've ever had in my life. You never know when your last is.

No. It's too expensive for me to have the type of membership that guarantees me a ticket and I think the tickets are too expensive anyway. Having said that I went to about 10 in a row in the 1980s so it's not like I've never been to one or seen us win a premiership. Back in those all members were guaranteed you access to a GF ticket if you wanted one... ah, the good old days.

Edit: If I somehow miraculously got a free ticket, yes, I would go!

of course I bloody would. We might not make another one in my lifetime (I'm 35). Gee some of you blokes take it for granted don't you?
I would also go through the exact same routine I did on 13/14 and ignore what I did in 12.

Been fortunate enough to go to the last three grand finals with two of my three children. Hopefully if Hawthorn makesb the big dance this season I can take all three as the youngest is just old enough to go I think.
Assuming he understands everything and is passionate, age shouldn't be a worry.
My first final was Adelaide 07 when I was 9 and I still look foundly back on it and am thankful for the experience.
Hope you can get there this year as they'll never forget it!

The lines for drinks during the breaks are just ridiculous, smuggling stuff in definitely is definitely a good idea. I recommend a 2L bottle of coke or a thermos - neither ever gets checked.

We just went to to the Richmond club at about 11, stayed till 1 and then ducked off to the bottle shop and grabbed a few bottles of vodka and whacked them in our pants. When we got in we bough a few bottles of sprite and your set, the best way to go about it for sure (especially when you've spent $1700 on tickets )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back