If World Cup Teams Merged...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Whilst bored watching England collapse, I started thinking about what teams would look like if cricketing nations merged with their bordering neighbours

This is what I came up with

Australia+New Zealand = The ANZACS
Warner
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Smith
Anderson
Ronchi
Faulkner
Johnson
Southee
Boult

India + Sri Lanka + Bangladesh = South Asian Sixers
Dilshan
R.Sharma
Sangakkara
Kohli
Dhoni
Matthews
Al-Hassan
Ashwin
Kumar
Kulasekera
Malinga

England + Ireland + Scotland = Team GB
Bell
Coetzer
Stirling
Root
Morgan
K.O'Brien
Butler
Broad
Dockrell
Wardlaw
Anderson

Pakistan + Afghanastan + UAE = The Middle East
Shehzad
Hafeez
Ul-Haq
U.Akmal
Y.Khan
Shenwari
Nabi
Afridi
J.Khan
Irfan
Hassad

South Africa + Zimbabwe = Africas Finest
Amla
De Kock
B.Taylor
De Villiers
Williams
Duminy
Miller
Philander
Steyn
M.Morkel
Tahir

I'd still say that the Australia+ New Zealand combo is the most consistent throughout and would beat all the other combinations
Thoughts?

I think Starc still probably has the goods over Boult as an ODI bowler. Boult clearly superior in tests, and probably should have a better record than he does in ODI but I'm sure it'll improve.

Williams and Duminy fill the same role.

And Starc>Boult. Starc has one of the best strike rates in ODIs.

Easily better than Boult. Boult has Mclenaghan and Mills nipping at his heels, Starc is almost our first name on the team sheet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst bored watching England collapse, I started thinking about what teams would look like if cricketing nations merged with their bordering neighbours

This is what I came up with

Australia+New Zealand = The ANZACS
Warner
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Smith
Anderson
Ronchi
Faulkner
Johnson
Southee
Boult

Good thread but Mitchell Starc is comfortably a better ODI bowler than Trent Boult. For team stability you would need a 6th bowling option which countries around the world tend to like these days. Smith is a part timer and not someone you can rely on to bowl 3 - 6 tight ODI overs that would be required from a 6th option.

Good thread but Mitchell Starc is comfortably a better ODI bowler than Trent Boult. For team stability you would need a 6th bowling option which countries around the world tend to like these days. Smith is a part timer and not someone you can rely on to bowl 3 - 6 tight ODI overs that would be required from a 6th option.

Williamson would be the sixth bowler, not Smith

Blasphemy.

We'd have to wear gold and black

i.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back